Terminated For Gross Negligence

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
ANd this is the intersection, right? WIth both streets being straight for as far as you can see, at least 10 blocks on both streets.
Intersection.jpg

ANd this is the intersection, right? WIth both streets being straight for as far as you can see, at least 10 blocks on both streets.
Dannyboy, you've only been back for a few days after some time away from the board. 2Slow has been posting here a little while and I have no reason to doubt him when he vouches for L.
If this had all happened to me I would NOT post a copy of the report, even though I have the equipment and know how to do so. I would say there is better than average chance that L doesn't have a scanner of doesn't know how to photoshop. Instead of accusing him of being dishonest, why not question why the BA didn't do a better job of defense? That's what WE pay them for. The BA should have gotten all the reports, all the documents involved, done some investigation on hos own and put together a defense that would help our Brother in need. You Claim to have experience in this type of stuff, use some of that to offer good advice. Otherwise you come across as a management sheep flowing to party line tactics. Your insistence that YOU HAVE to see the actual report is a bit arrogant and totally uncalled for. If this was happening to me I would have told you to take a hike a long time ago. As the saying goes, if you are part of the solution you are part of the problem.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
if you are part of the solution you are part of the problem.

Its, If you are not part of the solution, its because you are part of the problem.

And L has become part of the problem.

Each one of the posters have said, yes it has happened. We dont know any of the details, but it happened. So how does that change any of my questions for L. They each were non specific on what actually happened.

As a former business agent, I have developed a nose for those drivers that are not telling the whole story. If you would kindly re read my first post on this thread, you will find that I am very supportive of L's claims, and still am if what he says pans out. But since he is less than willing to come clean with proof, then I will do it the other way, find out myself. After all, the actual accident is public record. After we know what actually occured, including witness statements, then we can speculate on what the BA did right or wrong.

But right now, dealing with the fact that so far, no lawyer has touched the case etc etc etc, I smell that something is not right. So either he can post the truth, or we will see it for ourselves, minus of course personal identification.

IF he really wants help, we can. If all he wants to do is cry and moan on how UPS screwed him, and the teamsters helped, well this site has a bunch of that type as well. And when you dig into their storys, usually you find not all is like it was spelled out on this site.

I like to call it like it is.

Im not asking for him to post all his dirty laundry here, just the facts of what happened with documentation. That is what it will take to be of any real help. Then again, it might be all he does really want is our pity instead of help?

d

trickpony1

which direction and on what street was the cyclist moving?
also, what time did the accident occur?
did the cyclist have his headlight on? (I believe I asked this question already but didn't get a response).

Dutch Dawg

Then why not post, or PM the info documenting the actual accident. ...... So, if he is real, then why the head games?

Exactly !!

With all the pages of conversation devoted to this thread, I missed if the post accident urine test results were ever addressed. How did they come back?

Uh..if this was a package car accident that occured near Indy and I read some mention of Meridan St, wouldn't he be under local 135? and not 710.

brett636

Exactly !!

With all the pages of conversation devoted to this thread, I missed if the post accident urine test results were ever addressed. How did they come back?

Uh..if this was a package car accident that occured near Indy and I read some mention of Meridan St, wouldn't he be under local 135? and not 710.

Yes, this was stated earlier. Indy is covered by local 135, although the pension for the area is run by local 710.

laurietito

Dannyboy, you've only been back for a few days after some time away from the board. 2Slow has been posting here a little while and I have no reason to doubt him when he vouches for L.
If this had all happened to me I would NOT post a copy of the report, even though I have the equipment and know how to do so. I would say there is better than average chance that L doesn't have a scanner of doesn't know how to photoshop. Instead of accusing him of being dishonest, why not question why the BA didn't do a better job of defense? That's what WE pay them for. The BA should have gotten all the reports, all the documents involved, done some investigation on hos own and put together a defense that would help our Brother in need. You Claim to have experience in this type of stuff, use some of that to offer good advice. Otherwise you come across as a management sheep flowing to party line tactics. Your insistence that YOU HAVE to see the actual report is a bit arrogant and totally uncalled for. If this was happening to me I would have told you to take a hike a long time ago. As the saying goes, if you are part of the solution you are part of the problem.

Dutch Dawg

It's interesting to read some of the thoughts on here decrying the injustice of this purported event and what the union should have done to defend differently, from some of the same people that believe others here don't need any additional facts aside from the few teasers we've all read here.

Perhaps it's past time to take this cause elsewhere........

laurietito

TRP

Thank-you for the back-up. You are right I do not have a scanner or know how to photoshop. I posted my story to get opinions and support.... Instead I am being accused of being a liar, and a careless driver. Neither of these are true.
I NEVER SAW THE MOTORCYCLIST.... PERIOD...

Last edited:

laurietito

DANNYBOY

What Makes You Think There Was Traffic Coming When I Crossed The Intersection??? Were You There That Day?? It Was Clear Both Ways At The Time Like I Have Stated....

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
What Makes You Think There Was Traffic Coming When I Crossed The Intersection???
I NEVER SAW THE MOTORCYCLIST.... PERIOD
It Was Clear Both Ways At The Time Like I Have Stated

HEhehe, OMG, are you really that stupid to post these three items all in a row?

What makes me think traffic was coming when you crossed the intersection? Well for starters, there was this motorcycle........

Now, the second one, the one where you state you never saw the guy? I guess in your mind, because you didnt see him, that means he was not there, therefore no one was coming down the road. But then we run into the little problem of that little bump you felt going through the intersection.

And it was clear both ways again? Well, if you blow the map up quite a bit, you should have been able to see for several thousand feet in either direction, as both streets are straight. So if there was nothing coming in either direction, then how were there three witnesses that said the guy was weaving in and out of traffic that was not even there?

I dont think you are lying, I think you are delusional

Thing is, if this is the way you approached your hearings, then i wonder what the heck ups was thinking when they even offered you an inside job. And with you as the star witness, you blame the union? Get a grip.

Like I said, it is a matter of time and I will have the accident report in my little hands, and we will know what actually occured. Like I said, with you testifying on your own behalf, I think that was the biggest mistake the union could have ever made, if you tried to stonewall and BS them like you have us.

d

trickpony1

laurietito-
Take a deep breath.....I'm on your side.
Why won't anyone, including Danny, answer my questions?
In all our glory and experience as a BA, we may have forgotten several things:
-was a toxicology done on the cyclist?
-was he driving with a suspended license as it seems I read somewhere here?
-did he have his headlight on?
-did he lay down any skid marks?
-if it was late in the day, the shadows created by the trees on Meridian street may have obscured a small object such as a cycle.
-and now the most important one that we have all done or experienced.......
did the blind spot created by the mirror itself obscure the image of the cyclist?
Before everyone posts telling me how stupid I am, yes, I have experienced this myself in PC as well as feeder.
Okay.....how stupid am I?
This will be my last post on this thread until I get some questions answered.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Trick

I will have some answers pretty soon, not just verbal statements.

Contrary to what you posted, I am not on any side, only in search of the truth as to why this happened the way it did. Unfortunately, he has chosen not to respond to logical questions for any type of substance to his claims. Suposedly because he does not know how to do things on this site, but yet he can pm others with his sobbing, but he can not use it to forward real proof?

The one thing he continues to do is repeat that it was not his fault, because he did not see the cycle. The two things have nothing to do with each other. Not seeing it is one issue, being responsible for the accident is another.

But in his own accounts, there are too many statements that contradict each other. So unless I see something in writing, I really dont believe anything posted by him anymore.

I should have the police report hopefully by the end of the week.

d

brett636

Trick

I will have some answers pretty soon, not just verbal statements.

Contrary to what you posted, I am not on any side, only in search of the truth as to why this happened the way it did. Unfortunately, he has chosen not to respond to logical questions for any type of substance to his claims. Suposedly because he does not know how to do things on this site, but yet he can pm others with his sobbing, but he can not use it to forward real proof?

The one thing he continues to do is repeat that it was not his fault, because he did not see the cycle. The two things have nothing to do with each other. Not seeing it is one issue, being responsible for the accident is another.

But in his own accounts, there are too many statements that contradict each other. So unless I see something in writing, I really dont believe anything posted by him anymore.

I should have the police report hopefully by the end of the week.

d

I would like to think you aren't on anyone's "side", but you sure are launching a lot of personal attacks on the guy.

As I said before I cannot comment on the facts because I wasn't there and I have not seen the official reports. All I can do think about how I would act if I were in that situation. If the police report or a witness had said anything about me being in the wrong, and they offered me a combo job, I would take it without a second thought. If I thought there was a single iota of evidence that shows me being at fault in any manner I would not have turned down the opportunity to do a different job. In hindsight it would have been better for him to take the combo job offer and go back into driving in a year or so when everything blows over. He chose not to, and I can't imagine him making that choice if any official reports said he was at fault.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Brett

Go back to my first post on this thread. And that is the spirit I still have with his issue. The problem is that he is less than honest with his answers, has contradicted himself, and really has no clue. And it is with this in mind that I and many others have asked for additional data, which he refuses to give out. All we get is the watered down version.

And that is why you had to qualify your statement with "if".

So, we are right back to speculation instead of being able to give him proper and good advice.

If he indeed was totally inocent, why not post the information?

The fact that he claims he did not see him does not make him inocent of negligence, or release him from responsibility in an accident. If he did indeed see him and pulled out on purpose, that would then have become a criminal offense. My guess is that he misjudged the distance and speed, and thought he had enough time to clear the intersection. But until we get to see some documentation.........

Like Trick, I have represented many drivers over the years for many things. And I can usually tell if someone is blowing smoke or telling the truth. And I smell smoke.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Interesting read, the accident report. And once again you also gave partial information on the intersection, it had stopsigns where you were entering the intersection from.

forever 25, what a waste.

Now on to the subject matter.

Did you ever bother to read the accident report? Or did you place all your trust in the union rep?

I am going to ask your permission to post parts of it that would not have any personal information on it identifying you or the dead person. IF you give me permission, I will post the whole thing, without the personal information. If you do not, I will just post the needed information.

Trick

You have a PM.

But you do need to get a good lawyer on retainer, and then keep your mouth shut.

d

laurietito

I would like to think you aren't on anyone's "side", but you sure are launching a lot of personal attacks on the guy.

As I said before I cannot comment on the facts because I wasn't there and I have not seen the official reports. All I can do think about how I would act if I were in that situation. If the police report or a witness had said anything about me being in the wrong, and they offered me a combo job, I would take it without a second thought. If I thought there was a single iota of evidence that shows me being at fault in any manner I would not have turned down the opportunity to do a different job. In hindsight it would have been better for him to take the combo job offer and go back into driving in a year or so when everything blows over. He chose not to, and I can't imagine him making that choice if any official reports said he was at fault.

laurietito

\

The evidence did show me not a fault that is why I did not take the combo job plus I would not have been able to drive for 3 years...