terminated...want my job back

hyena

You know I just cant understand what you were thinking. Ive quit doing alot of stuff when I got hired on at UPS because its my dream to drive for them and make 30 bucks an hour! Just like speeding for example in my personal vehicle my friends laugh at me now cause I wont go over the speed limit. And if you quit did you sign a paper saying you quit?

705red

Browncafe Steward
More importantly how old are your children? What will you tell them? As a parent single or mother and father our children will learn their values from us and this is one that they should never ever know about you. It will break their heart maybe not now, but when they get old enough, if pops did it than its ok. I hope you have learned a serious lesson here, not just because its one of the most costly in your life but others are effected by it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i dont really know what i was thinking either.

Okay, so now what? Will you go on to your next job and continue doing the wrong thing, or can you pick up the pieces and start over as a new you? What's wrong is wrong! You obviously know you did wrong and will accept the consequence of you actions. I know a lot of people in this forum would love to kick you in the butt for what you did, but what's done is done. So now what? You're a courier, so go find another job as a courier. Start your life over, renew your dedication to your family and don't do bad things that can jeopardize your and their futures. My prayers are with you and I hope that you can forgive yourself and move on. If you read some other threads, you'll see that there is life after brown. I hope you have learned your lesson and live that life to the fullest.

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
More importantly how old are your children? What will you tell them? As a parent single or mother and father our children will learn their values from us and this is one that they should never ever know about you. It will break their heart maybe not now, but when they get old enough, if pops did it than its ok. I hope you have learned a serious lesson here, not just because its one of the most costly in your life but others are effected by it.

On the other hand, they should not have to learn about this from anyone but you. I would tell them exactly what dad did and where it landed him. This will be a great motivational tool for never stealing. May you and your family land safely and continue to grow strong and healthy.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Your in jersey i would call your local probably 177 and see if they can help you find another job, hopefully within the same pension plan this way your 20 years is not wasted. How are you with your agent? Stewards?

20 years with ups will get you in the door at any company for an interview, i would sell the reason you left is because of your single parent situation and looking for steady hours, alot of companies still work 8, 9 even 10 scheduled hours a day.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Your in jersey i would call your local probably 177 and see if they can help you find another job, hopefully within the same pension plan this way your 20 years is not wasted. How are you with your agent? Stewards?

20 years with ups will get you in the door at any company for an interview, i would sell the reason you left is because of your single parent situation and looking for steady hours, alot of companies still work 8, 9 even 10 scheduled hours a day.

That's very cool of you, 705. Way to look out for your fellow man!

my son is autistic so he wont understand. but i have no intention of lying to them. im going to tell them the truth. just havent figured out the way to do it yet. my steward isnt one of my favorite people to work with. but i am going to go there and talk to him tomorrow and go from there. i wanted to make sure i exhausted the possibility of getting my job back before i move on. thank you for the advice

705red

Browncafe Steward
Do not go back to ups! You are no longer an employee and could make a bad situation even worse. Call him on the phone or call your hall and ask for your agent. My local is pretty big and we have an area called the cage were people can call looking for work we always have trucking companies looking for drivers.

I call troll.

Thought it was a $15 cell phone housing?

I`m getting that vibe also. Plus I don`t know if anyone with poor enough judgment to take a $15 phone should be making judgment calls behind the wheel of one of our vehicles anyway. What next? Your were only meaning to drink a little alcohol at work? You did`nt mean to hit that school bus?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i have never had an accident in or out of ups. and i dont drink....

cahsux is just trying to say that they all go hand in hand. Don't beat yourself up over this man. Granted, you screwed up. Take the advice that 705 gave you and run with it. Try to get your job back and if that fails take the other advice and move on.

chev

Nightcrawler
:sad-little: It saddens me to see this happen. I know what it is like to feel the stress of losing your job and not knowing what will happen. If you signed resignation papers, it is safe to say your career at UPS is over. :sad-little: If not, then go fight for your job with a humble heart. It may take a while.
Definitely follow 705's advice and let the union help you out. Go do what you have to do to take care of your kids and good luck. I sincerely hope you will find a job. This is such a hard way to learn a lesson from a momentary laps of sanity.

Last edited:

Mike Hawk

I call troll.

Thought it was a $15 cell phone housing?

they traced my sim card in the phone

spicybrownmouse;405659i took a 15.00 cell phone housing.[/quote said:
A $15 cell phone housing, or faceplate would not be traceable, its shiny plastic with no transmitting or receiving capabilities. If they found out about your sim card in the phone then you stole the whole phone and put your sim card in it.
Thief
Liar
I'm seeing a trend in dishonesty...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had an employee fired several years ago when most of our P/U accounts were still on the manual system with the book. He wanted to return a personal item to the shipper so he "borrowed" a tracking label from the P/U book of one of his shippers and affixed it to the pkg and sent it on its way. 99 44/100% of the time it would not have been an issue and he would not have been caught but the pkg was damaged along the way and returned to the shipper whose tracking label had been used. This guy lost an $80K job over an $18 shipping bill.

We had another who had a gambling problem who "misplaced" $1,600 in COD money (yes, this was a while ago as we were still accepting cash at the time, so pre-1998). He was promptly fired and had to repay the money. I'd be willing to "bet" (pun intended) that he won't do that again.

My point is it's not the worth of the item that you took or services that you misused it is the simple act of stealing, whether it be goods or services. You sound like an otherwise decent person who perhaps had a lapse of judgement. You have responsibilities in your life which are far more important than a new cell phone. (Be honest, no one steals just the case). Chalk this up to a lesson learned and move on.

when your cell phone doesnt work, and it is under warranty, the company will send you just the phone without the battery, sim, no box, no back to the phone. i am not a liar. and i really dont think stealing one thing my whole life constitutes me as a thief. i made a big mistake. im not dishonest. im usually one of those guys who is so damn nice i get walked on or finishes last. im not a troll. i made a mistake and dont want to be called names for it. well maybe idiot, and dumb, but im not a bad person.u dont know me, dont judge me for 1 stupid ass mistake. all i wanted to know is if people have done what i have done and been re hired? all ups drivers make some kind of mistake at one point or another. none of you are perfect. i just got caught. i shouldnt have taken it in the first place....