terminated...want my job back

chev

Nightcrawler
"Let he who is without sin, throw the first stone"
Has anyone here done something they really regretted and could'nt take back? I will be the first to raise his hand. I don't want to hear the BS that you have never done wrong.
Stop bashing the guy. Everyone got their digs is already. All he did was come here for a little advise for a very foolish thing he did. I think he is feeling bad enough as it is.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
maybe you should contact a lawyer and play out your options. hell, you could be under some "influences" at the time and did not know what you were doing.

dillweed

I'm also sorry to see that you caved to temptation for such a petty item. After 20 years you knew that stealing was the one unforgivable crime at UPS. I wish you luck getting your job back but sure would be surprised if you did.

I've had the pang recently for something that belongs to the company. The winter driver's jacket -oh so sweet and warm! Not driving anymore so last weekend put all the uniforms into the washer to be cleaned and returned. Hung onto that jacket for a minute or two with excuses running rampant in my head. "they owe it to me for all the crap I've taken." Nope, no way. I'm sure there's a record of what I received and, most important of all, I'd have to live the rest of my life knowing I did such a wrong thing. The jacket would no longer bring enjoyment of any type as I'd be cold to the soul. Back it goes, as it should.

I'm also sorry to see that you caved to temptation for such a petty item. After 20 years you knew that stealing was the one unforgivable crime at UPS. I wish you luck getting your job back but sure would be surprised if you did.

I've had the pang recently for something that belongs to the company. The winter driver's jacket -oh so sweet and warm! Not driving anymore so last weekend put all the uniforms into the washer to be cleaned and returned. Hung onto that jacket for a minute or two with excuses running rampant in my head. "they owe it to me for all the crap I've taken." Nope, no way. I'm sure there's a record of what I received and, most important of all, I'd have to live the rest of my life knowing I did such a wrong thing. The jacket would no longer bring enjoyment of any type as I'd be cold to the soul. Back it goes, as it should.

You mean that jacket that was sent to the company cleaners and never came back?:wink2:

In regards to stealing, I have joked about this but I really believe it. There has never been a package come through UPS,be it the lowly p.o.s. phone book to the most valuable diamond, that is worth losing my anal virginity over in prison. Temptation be not mine.

ikoi62

Has anyone here done something they really regretted and could'nt take back? I will be the first to raise his hand. I don't want to hear the BS that you have never done wrong.
Stop bashing the guy. Everyone got their digs is already. All he did was come here for a little advise for a very foolish thing he did. I think he is feeling bad enough as it is.

i feel the same way stop bashing him,it seems like a few people here have lived the perfect life. come down from your mountains and try to help the guy. he knows he did wrong. he is sorry.
i think i know who he is. so i believe this isnt a troll thread.
is joe your steward?

drewed

Shankman
I wont bash, all Ill say is you messed up, leave it at that. Go job hunting ASAP because youre 2 kids deserve better....I wouldnt worry about getting youre job back, its not excusable. I hope you find something that comparable to UPS in wage and bennies. Best of luck in your future ventures.

hyena

Yea I agree Ive done things that Ive regretted im not perfect nor do I claim to be. I do feel bad for you Spicy and I hope you make the right decisions from now on. I wish you luck in finding a new job and with your family.

New Englander

when your cell phone doesnt work, and it is under warranty, the company will send you just the phone without the battery, sim, no box, no back to the phone. i am not a liar. and i really dont think stealing one thing my whole life constitutes me as a thief. i made a big mistake. im not dishonest. im usually one of those guys who is so damn nice i get walked on or finishes last. im not a troll. i made a mistake and dont want to be called names for it. well maybe idiot, and dumb, but im not a bad person.u dont know me, dont judge me for 1 stupid ass mistake. all i wanted to know is if people have done what i have done and been re hired? all ups drivers make some kind of mistake at one point or another. none of you are perfect. i just got caught. i shouldnt have taken it in the first place....

So what did you steal then? I have a hard time believing this is a first time. More likely first time caught.

Still.....think your honestly trolling.

BigBrownSanta

I'm sorry, but I have been reading through this thread and each time I reread it one thing stands out and it's aggravating me to end. I feel I really have to say something or I'll explode. I hope no one gets offended by what I have to say, but it really is irritating me like an itch I can't reach in the middle of my back. Upstate, that should be either 99.44% or 99 11/25%, not 99 44/100. Don't they teach reducing fractions up there in the north?

Whew. I feel better now. :happy-very:

But on a less ridiculous note, it's sad to hear that someone had to learn the hard way about honesty. I've always looked at UPS as somewhat like winning the lottery. Over the course of your career you will likely have earned about $2 million. Most lotteries pay that out over a 20 year period. The only difference between UPS and the lottery is that you have to put in 50 to 60 hours a week to get the check. I will never understand why people will take a chance to throw that away. There are no $2 million dollar packages that will come through UPS.

705red

Browncafe Steward

i feel the same way stop bashing him,it seems like a few people here have lived the perfect life. come down from your mountains and try to help the guy. he knows he did wrong. he is sorry.
i think i know who he is. so i believe this isnt a troll thread.
is joe your steward?

Im far from perfect as many of us here are! But i have never put anything into my pocket that i have not paid for, especially from the company that employees me.

We are not talking about a child making a mistake we are atlking about a man with children that stole! Big differences in your two's argument about being perfect.

Let me guess he just happened to trip over his handcart, his phone than fell out of his pocket, slit open another package and switched out phone cases by accident!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm sorry, but I have been reading through this thread and each time I reread it one thing stands out and it's aggravating me to end. I feel I really have to say something or I'll explode. I hope no one gets offended by what I have to say, but it really is irritating me like an itch I can't reach in the middle of my back. Upstate, that should be either 99.44% or 99 11/25%, not 99 44/100. Don't they teach reducing fractions up there in the north.

I was mimicking the Ivory soap commercials in which they claim their soap is 99 44/100% pure. This is from their website:

An established American icon of pure clean, Classic Ivory Soap is a simple, pure formula that cleanses
your skin by removing dirt and oils which can clog pores. The classic, 99 44/100% pure formula
contains no heavy perfumes or lotions so it leaves your skin feeling naturally clean with a light,
Ivory-clean smell. Discover the consistent quality and value that have made Ivory the leading pure soap
on the market for decades.

Sounds like somebody needs a hobby. As I was told the other day by another forum member, Lighten up, Francis.

BigBrownSanta

I'm sorry, but I have been reading through this thread and each time I reread it one thing stands out and it's aggravating me to end. I feel I really have to say something or I'll explode. I hope no one gets offended by what I have to say, but it really is irritating me like an itch I can't reach in the middle of my back. Upstate, that should be either 99.44% or 99 11/25%, not 99 44/100. Don't they teach reducing fractions up there in the north.

I was mimicking the Ivory soap commercials in which they claim their soap is 99 44/100% pure. This is from their website:

An established American icon of pure clean, Classic Ivory Soap is a simple, pure formula that cleanses
your skin by removing dirt and oils which can clog pores. The classic, 99 44/100% pure formula
contains no heavy perfumes or lotions so it leaves your skin feeling naturally clean with a light,
Ivory-clean smell. Discover the consistent quality and value that have made Ivory the leading pure soap
on the market for decades.

Sounds like somebody needs a hobby. As I was told the other day by another forum member, Lighten up, Francis.

I knew there had to be a logical explanation. :peaceful:

BigBrownSanta

Well, I don't feel better about this at all!!! I knew what Upstate meant because I've seen the commercials, but this leaves us with a very important question.......

Why doesn't Ivory reduce their fractions???

I'll venture a guess, but it may be a bit of a stretch...

A recently laid off UPS management type person now works in Ivory's advertising department and 99 44/100% looks better on paper than 99 11/25%.

Dutch Dawg

You are a twenty year driver and find it necessary to seek advice regarding your indiscretion on Brown Cafe? I would think more germaine advice to your situtation would be found from among those you worked with for the last 20 years. What did they have to say?