terminated ??

P

proups

trick: ok2 put it best - now get back to your ship like a good boy. Your passengers need you!

D

dannyboy

"The company makes it real hard to be honest"

Dont blame the company. If you are a liar now, chances are really good that you were a liar before you ever worked here at UPS. And if you are a thief now, you were one before you came here to work.

Granted, the do have their faults just like anyone else does, but to blame your inability to tell the truth on someone else? Well that just shows how small a man really is.

Take responsibility for your actions. No one is making you lie, you do that completely on your own for your own personal reasons.

Yes you can be fired for knowing about someone stealing from UPS and not reporting it. That make you an accomplice to the crime.

Why would someone not turn in someone else that is stealing?

d

(Message edited by dannyboy on August 29, 2005)

T

toonertoo

Someone is stealing....isnt that one of the big 10 (commandments), isnt this common sense? why is this a debate at all?
If you are worried about retaliation for doing the right thing, there is a poster in you center with an 800 number to call. But you wont get a reward, they will say they already knew about it.

(Message edited by toonertoo on August 30, 2005)

F

familyofbrown

You can be terminated at UPS for "dishonesty" and thats a cardinal infraction and they don't even have to proove you were dishonest. My husband was recently terminated for this, we had proof he didn't lie, they couldn't prove he did, he went 2 weeks without a job or pay and the day before we were to travel out of town to the panel, they offered him his job back but he couldn't ask for backpay. They couldn't admit they were in the wrong, but obviously they were. I'm assuming they could call this "dishonesty". Hell, they can call anything "dishonesty". Look up "terminated for dishonesty at UPS" on the internet and you will come across over 20 lawsuits where they used this term to get rid of someone and lost when it came down to a court hearing.

M

mojobuc

Hey remember me?
I have a UPS'er in my class(she was one of mine)
She told me they just hired a girl back that lied not only to the Preload friend/t sup, but the B.manager and the HR girl who hired her son.
She, for what ever reason, told her son to deny they were related, which I never saw as a big deal, but then she lied as well about their relationship.

But apperently, the kid worked for a guy on the preload that owns a pizza place, he also worked with another preloader that also worked at the pizza place, played in a band with another preloader that has been to their house, and near a dozen preloaders ate at this place and seen the kid there, and he told them all he was this girls son.

I couldn't figure out what they were thinking either.
The son got canned with in his first week and never returned, but she was there near 3 years.