Terrorists

rickyb

this is just a strange thread and i find it hard to believe that people have different view on something so simple as job creation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I always liked the term " saved jobs ".

Sure. Saved crappy jobs that don't pay a living wage. I get so sick of the Republican garbage about "job creation" and the even more loathsome term "job creators". We've given over our country to an aristocratic class that makes us feel lucky if we can get $14 per hour jobs that are actually worth much more. The extra profit goes back into the pockets of the upper class, strengthening their stranglehold over the masses.

South Carolina and Texas are perfect examples of states given over to the job creator class through anti-union RTW rules and huge giveaways and tax incentives to corporations. Yes, there are jobs, but they aren't good jobs, and even if they are "saved", it's at the expense of the rest of us.

rickyb

So simple and yet you don't understand it.
no i agree with both sides of it. its not even a debate for me. but im not sure why other people are perplexed by it.

probably because there was a concerted effort for them to be told the lie again and again.

JL 0513

How many hours do you think are spent on "job creation" conversations in boardroom meetings?

Why would executives talk about job creation? That's not how it works. They talk about how to make the company stronger, broadly speaking. Whether it's in new product/service planning or how to cut costs. The idea is to build a bigger and better company that profits more. If they succeed, more jobs are created. Businesses don't exist solely to create jobs. Jobs are the end result of the businesses efforts to make money. The only way a great economy can exist is the drive to make money. Too bad so many people demonize profit as if it's a bad thing. Profit is the foundation of everything. Otherwise, we're all back in caves.

moreluck

golden ticket member
dems-terrorists.jpg