The average U.S. worker earned a little more than $30 per hour in 2011.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
You know that speech " You drivers get payed good money to do this!!! "

I came across an interesting article on the average hrly earnings for the top 10 Countries, also about hrs worked in U.S. vs. the other top 10.

The average U.S. worker earned a little more than $30 per hour in 2011. In these 10 countries, workers earned at least $31.27 per hour, and as much as $48.82 (in Denmark) per hour.

The average, not just in the U.S. but the top 10 countries WORLDWIDE hold and average pay @ or near a top rate driver. Thats average, meaning a good percent under 50% make over it.

Average is the median, so you have plenty of higher paying jobs to bring the average to this.

If this is accurate, it kills that speech and reinforces our right to good pay for what we do and shows how undeserving we are to have managers hold that pay over our heads !!! Also builds up a good case for us in the upcoming contract.

Next time ya here a speech like that, Tell 'em Backlasher said it B the average pay in 10 countries so back it up I got work 2 do!!!! We bust our butts and earn our keep.UPS moves commerce, but the drivers is what moves UPS !!!!! Not I.T. or the guy cutting routes and building up stop counts per car !!!!

Link to article : Countries Where People Work Least - Road Runner

I average around $25+ when I do side work construction but were R the other jobs @, LoL.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I doubt that these figures are for unskilled labor with a high school diploma being the minimum requirement.

UPS drivers get paid for how hard they work, not for their skill-set or education.

I do hope y'all do well.

UPSGUY72

That BS. Do a goggle search and your will find that half of US worker make less than $26,000 and half make more than $26,000 a year. 66% of US workers make less than $39,000 a year.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I call BS on this since the average per person income in the US in 2011 was $41,663, which for a straight 40 hour week, 52 weeks per year is $20.02.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You used median stats to claim an average stat was BS that's comparing apples to oranges and most people don't know the difference.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Average is the median, so you have plenty of higher paying jobs to bring the average to this.

Average is not the median. Average is the average the median would be the median. Let me explain. Take 5 workers incomes are 22k 28k 35k 200k and 400k. The median income would be 35k half the people make over that half the people make under that. The average income for these 5 people however would be 137k understand now? Both stats can be skewed greatly by just 1 or 2 subjects this is why you should never trust statistics.

Cementups

Box Monkey
That would be median income not average.

Half is median which is the middle number I didn't say average. Average is almost never half.

You used median stats to claim an average stat was BS that's comparing apples to oranges and most people don't know the difference.

Average is NOT the median. there is a difference!

Ahem...
ScreenShot2012-07-18at94235PM-1.jpg

UPSGUY72

Depending on how they are used statistics can make thing look a lot better than they are or a lot worse than they are. The government does it all the time to confuse the uninformed and UPS management uses them all the time to justify all the BS they tell us....

klein

Für Meno :)
He is right with the average US worker earning $30 an hr, but that includes all benefits, sick leave, vacation pay, healthcare, etc.

yeldarb

I read something this week that said that less than 8% of men over 18 make 100k. Granted, 30 bucks an hour by itself isnt close to 100k, but that leads me to believe that the average is no where near 30 bucks an hour. Guaranteed on my route which has alot of businesses, no one, except for the owner comes anywhere near 30 bucks an hour.