The average U.S. worker earned a little more than $30 per hour in 2011.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I doubt that these figures are for unskilled labor with a high school diploma being the minimum requirement.

UPS drivers get paid for how hard they work, not for their skill-set or education.

I do hope y'all do well.

It's still not an arguement to me. Even if it is mixed with skilled, the time put in here and overtime, could instead go towards building the skills needed for these other jobs.

A shift in time investment can change anything. We let enough hang over our heads when we know what we are worth. They can call a UPS driven job unskilled but it is far from that with all the training and time envested in building area knowledge that no amoaunt of training or E.D.D.'ing (LOL) can give !!!!!!!

This is a highly skilled job we are doing.

Backlasher

That $30 an hour includes pay and benefits. Normally that's how these numbers are stated.

Even if not, can a $30 hr wage not afford to pay for insurance and still self sustane someone ? I think so. ;)

Even if it equalled out u can do fine on $15-$20 Hrly. and the rest go to health care.

Eat a diet high in fruit,veggie, grains beans, low in fat and red meat along withan active lifestyle and you'll find little need for doctor visits.

Threw the yrs. cancer and health problems have increased and it's due to our diets!!! so much high fructose corn syrup and other sugars along with high portions of red meat along with decrease in organic whole foods is why the country needs insurance and why we have diabetic kids and depretion along with high medical bills.

klein

Für Meno :)
I was watching the show "COPS" yesterday.

Gee, people even go to the ER there for a bad tooth ache, because they have no insurance.
Cost to tax (other insurance) payers, probably around $600, just to get a pain killer perscription !

Backlasher

How many yrs. of part time low wages does a person go through b4 becoming a driver and then how many yrs more b4 top pay rate ???

I here some stories up to 15 yrs. so X amount of yrs part time average $10hrly. 150-200 weekly.

maybe 3+ yr air driven and better pay but still a few yrs at low rate for that b4 top rate.

The way I C it the $30 is making up for all those yrs lost in low part time wages. So, it's a dead argument in my ears as to "HOW GOOD THE PAY IS FOR DRIVERS".

and to beat it kiss the family and holidays good by for yrs of late nights.

Weak arguements. All drivers getting that pay had a long envestment and sacrificed much to get there including 2 or more jobs during the part time yrs!!!!

Why punish them further giving out screwed rts and late nights and hold the pay over their head when they R the reason the is a UPS !!!!!!!!!

They all could of invested they're time and sacrifices elsewere and built skills elswere.

They EARNED THEIR DUE !!! PAY EM AND STOP SCREWING THEM!!!

Backlasher

I SAY, you full timers deserve what you get in pay and benifits and don't deserve the B.S. you put up with !!!!!! Don't let any mother trucker hold your $$$$ over your head.

You guys built this ivory tower they sit in !!!!!!!!

klein

Für Meno :)
hemera_metr450.jpg

The highest-paid employees in the world

Who Are The World’s Most Expensive Employees?
One nation pays up to $6,612 per month to students who just graduated, while Canada lags behind at just $4,594. The No. 1 country

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I SAY, you full timers deserve what you get in pay and benifits and don't deserve the B.S. you put up with !!!!!! Don't let any mother trucker hold your $$$$ over your head.

You guys built this ivory tower they sit in !!!!!!!!
They hold it over my head to make it rain on Mondays, cutting routes and all.