The birthplace of UPS

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A friend and I drove up to Seattle today to watch the Seahawks get their asses kicked by the Packers. It was my first NFL game ever, as well the first time in a few years that I have been in Seattle. Before the game started we went for a walk and I found the little park near Pioneer Square that is the birthplace of UPS, where Jim Casey founded the original American Messenger Service back in 1907. It is a pretty neat little waterfall park and on the wall next to it is a sign and a plaque. It is in a historic part of town, about 5 blocks from the stadiums where the Seahawks and the Mariners play.
1012081111[1].jpg
1012081109a[1].jpg

Whenever I eat lunch at the waterfall I always hear a voice saying pants the center manager...Not sure who's voice it is.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
No,but you can hear all the souls of mgmt wailing from the twelfth circle of hell.

What did the poor people in the twelfth circle of hell do to deserve having to share the afterlife with management? I knew hell was pretty bad, but gee whiz....

SuperSup

When you were at the park could you hear the ghost of Jim Casey crying?

Yeah, he was crying; "Why did you invite the Teamsters in? We were doing great, had awesome employees, and the Teamsters taught the hourly how to be lazy and get paid for work not performed. They didn't even try to unionize, we invited them in. Now, we hire our overpaid employees based on seniority, not performance. Most of them aren't qualified to work at a carwash, but we pay them $28+/hr and benefits".

drewed

Shankman
Yeah, he was crying; "Why did you invite the Teamsters in? We were doing great, had awesome employees, and the Teamsters taught the hourly how to be lazy and get paid for work not performed. They didn't even try to unionize, we invited them in. Now, we hire our overpaid employees based on seniority, not performance. Most of them aren't qualified to work at a carwash, but we pay them $28+/hr and benefits".

Wow, I cant wait to read the replies to this one.......And wasnt Casey for having a union work force?

rod

Retired 22 years

Apparently when you went to Brown Blood school you were sleeping during the "History of UPS" class. Read about it sometime. You sound like a real joy to work for.:peaceful:

chev

Nightcrawler
Yeah, he was crying; "Why did you invite the Teamsters in? We were doing great, had awesome employees, and the Teamsters taught the hourly how to be lazy and get paid for work not performed. They didn't even try to unionize, we invited them in. Now, we hire our overpaid employees based on seniority, not performance. Most of them aren't qualified to work at a car wash, but we pay them $28+/hr and benefits".
Wow. :why: Put your foot in your mouth again. It looks good there. :wink2: Apparently someone taught you how to be a tactless "A" hole with no people skills. This board isn't about hourly against management. Get with the program or get lost.

Superslup has obviously never been anything more than a stupid part timer that has no idea......about anything.

Disclaimer: I am in no way saying that all part time employees, hourly or supervisors, are stupid. Just this one.

UPSNewbie

You're cool.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Sup. if your employees are not even qualified to be a car wash that's your fault. As for pay it has allways been top secret how much managment makes. (must be afraid to admit how much they make for hiring unqualified workers) All hourly people that I work around earn every penny they make.Our pay was agreed on by both UPS and Teamsters. You should call your boss and see if you can get it changed. As for (We invited them in). I doubt that you even worked for UPS when the union came in since you are just a sup. Hope you have a great career with UPS and lose the chip on your shoulder.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Overpaid? Are you kidding me? Its the employees that make you look good and when you act like this its those same employees that make you look not so good. we have to overcome all kinds of obstacles everyday to get the job done.

Please tell us why you went into management, knees give out? Bad back? found out the little misses liked the union guy? Nothing like getting teamsterized!

Shows how little you know,dufus. UPS does not hire overpaid lazy employees by seniority, we start out as being useless and earn our way up the seniority ladder to be overpaid and lazy. Those who are qualified stay there,those who aren`t become sups.

This is no shot at Drewed who I understand is reasonably competent or at least smart enough to sleep with Sarah Palin to get to where he is.