The compassion of others..do they know she makes 100k???????

bacha29

Ground drivers don’t do the same job as ups drivers
What are you talking about? Pick it up here. Haul it over there. Put it down some place else. The only difference is pay and that came thanks to favorable legislation and a unified labor force willing to stick together. All of which happened decades before you showed up the UPS front door with hat in hand asking for a job.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What are you talking about? Pick it up here. Haul it over there. Put it down some place else. The only difference is pay and that came thanks to favorable legislation and a unified labor force willing to stick together. All of which happened decades before you showed up the UPS front door with hat in hand asking for a job.

LOL

Ohh-k

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In this story the woman UPS driver is no doubt making $100K a year. She's been with UPS for 23 years and topped out for about 21. I bet the wonderful people who donated to her roof would feel dumb if the knew how much money she makes. She probably has enough stashed away to buy a couple of houses in cash for the people that donated to her roof.
People can give all they want. Who cares?

fedx

Extra Large Package
People can give all they want. Who cares?

Your right, people can give all they want. It's just that I'd bet the donors had no idea how much bank she's making. She's been topped out for over 20 years. It would be like donating to a lawyer who had a damaged roof. If you found out afterwards that he or she was a lawyer you'd be asking yourself why that person needed help. So I guess my point was someone making probably $100K a year getting financial help for a roof seems a bit tacky.

zeev

Lolol. Lots of jealous FredEx drivers. Nobodies holding a gun to your head to stay at FredEx. Apply at UPS.
Small package drivers have a choice coming either jump to UPS with a real contract or become a fast food no benefits employee for Ground. FedEx has already told the drivers they are going Last Mile Optimization meaning the last mile P2 and sos freight will be delivered by Ground it will be an economic lesson they should have learned in school.

falcon back

Small package drivers have a choice coming either jump to UPS with a real contract or become a fast food no benefits employee for Ground. FedEx has already told the drivers they are going Last Mile Optimization meaning the last mile P2 and sos freight will be delivered by Ground it will be an economic lesson they should have learned in school.
I don't believe SOS is going LMO. There is plenty of work for Express drivers if what you read on here is correct. Anyone that believes the days of Express drivers are numbered are kidding themselves.

Working4the1%

I don't believe SOS is going LMO. There is plenty of work for Express drivers if what you read on here is correct. Anyone that believes the days of Express drivers are numbered are kidding themselves.
I would say the ground contractor scam ,,,,,,days are numbered..DEMS going pro worker big time

FromOffTheStreets

Ok. So for comparison purposes show us the stop count numbers of BOTH a UPS driver and a FXG box mule.
I always make it a point to ask the fed ex guy how many stops he has. Its always 1/2 - 2/3 of the stops I have. On every route/area that I've seen them.
They seem content with less work & less money. It's just a different ball game IMO.
No one would do a ups workload for fedex wages & ups knows this.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I always make it a point to ask the fed ex guy how many stops he has. Its always 1/2 - 2/3 of the stops I have. On every route/area that I've seen them.
They seem content with less work & less money. It's just a different ball game IMO.
No one would do a ups workload for fedex wages & ups knows this.
The Express guy is probably covering the same area as yours and two other routes. The Ground guy is probably covering two of your routes area too.
You can’t do as many stops when you’re covering 2 or 3 times the area. That’s the logistical conundrum that FedEx upper management can’t seem to grasp.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Your right, people can give all they want. It's just that I'd bet the donors had no idea how much bank she's making. She's been topped out for over 20 years. It would be like donating to a lawyer who had a damaged roof. If you found out afterwards that he or she was a lawyer you'd be asking yourself why that person needed help. So I guess my point was someone making probably $100K a year getting financial help for a roof seems a bit tacky.
Um. So why does anyone work for FedEx?

FromOffTheStreets

The Express guy is probably covering the same area as yours and two other routes. The Ground guy is probably covering two of your routes area too.
You can’t do as many stops when you’re covering 2 or 3 times the area. That’s the logistical conundrum that FedEx upper management can’t seem to grasp.
That's true & I was going to add that in as well. But some of these fed ex guys talk about going home between deliveries & pickups for 2-3 hours. I guess if you move fast you can do that. Some of them just drop anchor all day & chit chat with customers @ every stop. It's just a different atmosphere.

HD219

What made them think she didn't have money for a new roof is the big question. Is she out there complaining to customers she can't afford it? If so screw her. If they donated because they heard about her roof and appreciated her service so much that they donated then good for her.
The UPS driver in my area works his ass off. IDC if he's making 100k a year, he earns it. He's out here in a 26 foot box truck still delivering after I've been home for 6 hours.

falcon back

What made them think she didn't have money for a new roof is the big question. Is she out there complaining to customers she can't afford it? If so screw her. If they donated because they heard about her roof and appreciated her service so much that they donated then good for her.
The UPS driver in my area works his ass off. IDC if he's making 100k a year, he earns it. He's out here in a 26 foot box truck still delivering after I've been home for 6 hours.
Not sure what time you start but where I was, UPS started work about 4 hrs after we did. We both worked about the same amount of hrs but they did theirs on the back end, we did ours on the front end.