The compassion of others..do they know she makes 100k???????

HD219

Not sure what time you start but where I was, UPS started work about 4 hrs after we did. We both worked about the same amount of hrs but they did theirs on the back end, we did ours on the front end.
I'm usually on the road just before 9am. I know the UPS driver was putting in at least 12 hours a day.

!Retired!

Then they need to better manage their money. It's not other peoples responsibility to pay for someones needs because that person is irresponsible.
She didn't ask them for any money. From the article, all she did was mention she was getting a new roof next Spring. Just so happens it was said to a roofer. HE took it upon himself to start a GoFundMe for her.

Damon77

The Express guy is probably covering the same area as yours and two other routes. The Ground guy is probably covering two of your routes area too.
You can’t do as many stops when you’re covering 2 or 3 times the area. That’s the logistical conundrum that FedEx upper management can’t seem to grasp.
This. I do about 120 stops a day, and see 4 different UPS drivers on my route. 2 of them do different sides of the main drag.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
The Ground guys seem to work their asses off in my area. Yes they cover much larger areas but since HD merged with Ground their routes definitely tightened up.

My brother worked for Ground for a few years, so I was able to get a behind the curtain look. Regardless of its legality the ground scam is designed to exploit the situation. Regardless if it’s the contractors getting screwed or the drivers, FedEx clearly pays express more and should have oversight on the pay structure of its ground drivers. Regardless of the fact that they technically aren’t FedEx employees, the public sure the hell believes they are.

Amazon starts their drivers at $20 an hour around here all the while the poor ground drivers are still making their hourly manipulated day rate.

I may just be a UPS driver but in my 25 peaks the only one I’ve ever seen working at or close to my level is the Ground driver. And yes if people knew the poverty level wages they are making around here, they would be in disbelief.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The Ground guys seem to work their asses off in my area. Yes they cover much larger areas but since HD merged with Ground their routes definitely tightened up.

My brother worked for Ground for a few years, so I was able to get a behind the curtain look. Regardless of its legality the ground scam is designed to exploit the situation. Regardless if it’s the contractors getting screwed or the drivers, FedEx clearly pays express more and should have oversight on the pay structure of its ground drivers. Regardless of the fact that they technically aren’t FedEx employees, the public sure the hell believes they are.

Amazon starts their drivers at $20 an hour around here all the while the poor ground drivers are still making their hourly manipulated day rate.

I may just be a UPS driver but in my 25 peaks the only one I’ve ever seen working at or close to my level is the Ground driver. And yes if people knew the poverty level wages they are making around here, they would be in disbelief.
Itsy and Sam couldn't acquire their Robin Leach status if they paid their drivers a dime more than they are forced to. Just like in Animal Farm, the pigs rose to the top echelon once the humans were eliminated.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily

This is spot on. The ground drivers seem to be the hardest working ones, yet they are compensated the worst. Makes no freaking sense.

And like the post after this said, ground contractors bragging about how they're doing so well is kinda weak if the drivers who are doing all the work get compensated like crap.

SLW

Then they need to better manage their money. It's not other peoples responsibility to pay for someones needs because that person is irresponsible.
If you believe irresponsibility is the only way that you can be strapped while making $100k a year, you've really been blessed, my friend.

But anyway they paid bc they appreciated her and they wanted to. That's their right, too. My barber owns a beach home and a mountain home in addition to his regular place. I still tip him well every time.

zeev

UPS makes 100k Ground it varies from bad to crappy. Why Ups makes 100 k because they demand it like FedEx pilots if a worker demands more he is greedy do nothing management says they deserve it just because.

dezguy

UPS makes 100k Ground it varies from bad to crappy. Why Ups makes 100 k because they demand it like FedEx pilots if a worker demands more he is greedy do nothing management says they deserve it just because.
Can you fix that so it's in English?

falcon back

If you believe irresponsibility is the only way that you can be strapped while making $100k a year, you've really been blessed, my friend.

But anyway they paid bc they appreciated her and they wanted to. That's their right, too. My barber owns a beach home and a mountain home in addition to his regular place. I still tip him well every time.
Other than unexpected medical bills, a person to making 100k should be just fine. When the median income for an individual is less than 40k, a person making 100k should be able to pay 8 to 10k for a roof. It's nice that her customers did that but that money could have also gone to a homeless shelter or childrens hospital.

FromOffTheStreets

I dont know much about fedex, but I think fred is on the right path.
If they cut out the middle man (route owners) & went out in 1 truck, cutting the Express/ ground separation then I think the drivers would be paid a better wage.
Basically ups does more with less to get packages to the porch.

It will be fine

I dont know much about fedex, but I think fred is on the right path.
If they cut out the middle man (route owners) & went out in 1 truck, cutting the Express/ ground separation then I think the drivers would be paid a better wage.
Basically ups does more with less to get packages to the porch.
That’s not how labor works. Employers pay enough to remain staffed based on the labor market not their own excess profits. Productivity gains do not trickle down to the workers.