The difference between Conservatives and Liberals

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
dido,

For the uniformed -low information voter --let me make it simple --so that even a six year old can understand.
Do a little research of Government dropout figures.

Female Blacks are more prone to having an Abortion
50% of the Female Hispanic Dropouts ----are in fact Pregnant.

You can have your own theories or opinions --you cannot have your own facts !!!

That seems to be reserved for you.

MAKAVELI

Painful when you have to respond to facts with a very lame post !!
I see no facts in your post. Just the right wing garbage from faux news. So please post your references if they are facts. Now let's say for arguments sake, your numbers are correct. What you post are the symptoms of poverty and socio-economic class warfare created by Corporate America/ White America / Republicans. Not the causes. The establishment will always want a lower class of people who are uneducated and unskilled to work for below poverty wages to produce huge profits. This has been the system since this country was founded when slavery was legal. The garbage you post is racist because you feel the need to single out minorities, as if white Americans do not have the same issues. Do yourself a favor and travel through the south and you will find that out.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Painful when you have to respond to facts with a very lame post !!
I don't recall you ever posting a verifiable 'fact'. I do recall you posting thinly veiled comments that some would call 'dog whistles'.

Now if you want to say that teen pregnancy is a leading reason for a person (be it male or female) to drop out of high school, that would be true. If you say that Hispanic girls have a higher teen pregnancy rate than other races, that would also be true. It would also be true that the rate has been steadily dropping, and is expected to drop even further with the advent of the ACA, that would also be true.

To say
No need to mention Race --Just check the Government Demographics.
is a dog whistle, and reveals quite a bit about you.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
dido,

For the uniformed -low information voter --let me make it simple --so that even a six year old can understand.
Do a little research of Government dropout figures.

Female Blacks are more prone to having an Abortion
50% of the Female Hispanic Dropouts ----are in fact Pregnant.

You can have your own theories or opinions --you cannot have your own facts !!!

The only "low information" is that between your ears island. I for one, would like to see your facts to back up the claim that black women are more prone to seek an abortion.

What is funny, is that WHITE teenagers clog the abortion clinics all across this country. Something you want to ignore.

Post your statistics and the source please. Otherwise, apologize to all black women everywhere.

TOS.

wkmac

Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Bill Maher appear to swap political positions with Sean based on the outcomes of election cycles.

M

MenInBrown

I see no facts in your post. Just the right wing garbage from faux news. So please post your references if they are facts. Now let's say for arguments sake, your numbers are correct. What you post are the symptoms of poverty and socio-economic class warfare created by Corporate America/ White America / Republicans. Not the causes. The establishment will always want a lower class of people who are uneducated and unskilled to work for below poverty wages to produce huge profits. This has been the system since this country was founded when slavery was legal. The garbage you post is racist because you feel the need to single out minorities, as if white Americans do not have the same issues. Do yourself a favor and travel through the south and you will find that out.
Who's responsibility is it to get an education? I don't think it's a matter if what color you are. Everyone is faced with that decision to get an education or not. Obviously not everyone makes the same decision.

MAKAVELI

Who's responsibility is it to get an education? I don't think it's a matter if what color you are. Everyone is faced with that decision to get an education or not. Obviously not everyone makes the same decision.
You obviously have no perspective of life and the circumstances people are born into. If one is born into poverty, the chances of that kid having opportunities of getting an education in their environment, which they do not have control of, is a thousand times less than the kid who grew up in suburbia with everything handed to him.

M

MenInBrown

My perspective on life is being realistic. What drive does someone who is born into poverty living off gov handouts have? What would it take to break that cycle? Obviously my perspective on life is supported by others on bc. Your buddy ol pal TOS is a perfect example. What caused him to not follow the way he was raised (food stamps/welfare) and get out and get a job? At the end of the day, that perspective on life that you speak of, comes down to the individual. As I said its a decision that an individual makes, bc let's be honest, ain't nobody gonna give you wealth.

MAKAVELI

My perspective on life is being realistic. What drive does someone who is born into poverty living off gov handouts have? What would it take to break that cycle? Obviously my perspective on life is supported by others on bc. Your buddy ol pal TOS is a perfect example. What caused him to not follow the way he was raised (food stamps/welfare) and get out and get a job? At the end of the day, that perspective on life that you speak of, comes down to the individual. As I said its a decision that an individual makes, bc let's be honest, ain't nobody gonna give you wealth.
Like I stated before, this pattern of poverty is purposely perpetuated by corporate America and it's lust for profit. If minimum wage was adjusted for inflation, corporate America would have to accept lower profits. And as long as they have politicians in their pockets, that isn't going to happen. You want the masses of these people on public assistance to get off then their needs to be a system of good public education/ vocational training/ jobs available to them in these impoverish areas. And corporate America needs to realize they are part of the problem. Otherwise just like most republicans, you are good at pointing fingers, but offer no solutions. And the pattern continues........

island1fox

Government statistics --hard to argue with --like the U.S CENSUS -report on Abortion by demographics ---and frequency by race ---I realize some of you cannot read or comprehend frequencies --but uninformed --means uninformed !!

MAKAVELI

Government statistics --hard to argue with --like the U.S CENSUS -report on Abortion by demographics ---and frequency by race ---I realize some of you cannot read or comprehend frequencies --but uninformed --means uninformed !!
If it's fact then post the link. Otherwise you are just talking out of your bunghole.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If it's fact then post the link. Otherwise you are just talking out of your bunghole.
I'm not even sure what "fact" he is trying to prove. Best I can tell he is just rambling about blacks and Hispanics and abortion. It seems like he is really angry, and just comes here to vent and insult people who don't agree with him, not have a discussion.

M

MenInBrown

Like I stated before, this pattern of poverty is purposely perpetuated by corporate America and it's lust for profit. If minimum wage was adjusted for inflation, corporate America would have to accept lower profits. And as long as they have politicians in their pockets, that isn't going to happen. You want the masses of these people on public assistance to get off then their needs to be a system of good public education/ vocational training/ jobs available to them in these impoverish areas. And corporate America needs to realize they are part of the problem. Otherwise just like most republicans, you are good at pointing fingers, but offer no solutions. And the pattern continues........
Wrong. Corporate America will not have to accept lower profits. Corporations are in business to make money not give more of it away. These cost get passed on to consumers as well as every other cost, ie taxes. Raising minimum wage for unskilled entry level jobs will do nothing. Just look at what UPS does, the more money they pay us, they increase shipping rates, increase work on us, decrease time for us to do it, and have fewer full time jobs. It's called free market. Do you think it would be fair for the government to tell you that you make too much money?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Please explain

Both my ex and I make a good living; in fact, she makes more than I do, which is something I had a hard time admitting during our marriage. We have two kids---a boy and a girl---and our combined incomes meant that they could choose wherever they wanted to go to school. College was not an issue as we had the means and they had the ability to attend.

My son had a classmate who was also a teammate on his sports teams. Donnie came from a single-parent household and as such his options for post-secondary education were much more limited. Had it not been for financial aid, scholarships and loans, college would not have been a option for him. He overcame this financial hurdle and now he creates smartphone apps for a living.