The Express employee massacre continues.

bbsam

Staff member
FYI apparently FedEx released a video saying that basically everything on social media is horse:censored2: and no employees are losing their jobs. So that’s that I guess. Just like I predicted these guys are too cheap to pay severance and still everybody here wanna act like they’re all of a sudden spend happy and was willing to pay out all these severance payouts. I know this company
Then where is the six billion in savings coming?

FYI apparently FedEx released a video saying that basically everything on social media is horse:censored2: and no employees are losing their jobs. So that’s that I guess. Just like I predicted these guys are too cheap to pay severance and still everybody here wanna act like they’re all of a sudden spend happy and was willing to pay out all these severance payouts. I know this company
If it’s the video I just saw it’s John Smith saying there’s a lot of misinformation out there. Then goes on to say that the company has no intention of eliminating ALL couriers. That each area is going to be different and it will take several years to complete. Also that in areas where there is overlap (his word) Express employees will be given options for continued employment.

bacha29

A Joseph Goebbels Media production..

MassWineGuy

If it’s the video I just saw it’s John Smith saying there’s a lot of misinformation out there. Then goes on to say that the company has no intention of eliminating ALL couriers. That each area is going to be different and it will take several years to complete. Also that in areas where there is overlap (his word) Express employees will be given options for continued employment.

I saw that, too. Don’t have much faith in it.

Guitarman01

Lol so we might string you along for a few more years until you truly find out your fate. That's great. You also may have an option to commute an hour to another station. Talk about winning.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So who does it better? UPS with career minded professionals or FedEx with “throw away” contractor employed drivers? Why would we expect the answer to be anything other than what it is?
We can solve this pretty quickly.

Would your bottom line improve if your labor costs were increases by double digit percentages? No? Then what makes you think the bottom line of FedEx would fare any differently than yours given the same increase?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I forgot, everything you don't like is a scam.
I don't like "business innovations" that flaunt the law and screw employees. Since Roe wasn't deemed adequate precedent for abortion I'm sure you agree that the previous classification of Express as an airline should also be reviewed. You are always citing past cases and decisions that are totally irrelevant to Farmer Raj's Express/Ground "farm" with the merged silos, so be consistent.
Scam, and they're lying directly to Express employees in order to prevent a mass exodus before they complete the plan.
No conscience, and no conciousness regarding your obvious hypocrisy.

bbsam

Staff member

Would your bottom line improve if your labor costs were increases by double digit percentages? No? Then what makes you think the bottom line of FedEx would fare any differently than yours given the same increase?
UPS has been doing it for years. What’s their secret?

I mean, really, in what world does FedEx stomp their feet, demand UPS standards of service but pay at 50% UPS wages and expect positive results?

I’ll tell you right now emphatically that they won’t get that by bringing in Facebook sourced contractors.

yadig

I’m glad to see that you’re finally telling the truth.

Mutineer

I don't like "business innovations" that flaunt the law and screw employees.
This isn't unique to Fat Freddy or FedEx.

I think there are very few successful businesses that aren't run by awful, nasty people.

As is relevant to this industry, I would think Amazon would also be a subject of your scorn.

Alot of heavily biased political donations, AND they treat their workers like garbage.

Although I very much tend to agree with you on the subject of FedEx, very often you imply that members of only one political party are exclusively guilty of; or enables toxic, predatory business practices.

On the subject of FedEx, and especially this industry, I think that bias diminishes your arguments.