The morning ballet of the brown sardines

rod

Retired 22 years
One day, as a cover driver in a small center, I was sent to the larger hub to cover a route. They had just implemented a "closed door start", where the preload loaded all the nda, and wrote them down on a sheet of paper. The idea was that you would jump in and go, without looking at the load.

So, I'm doing a route blind. In a center I don't normally work out of. I'm going to thumb through the load before I go. District Mgr starts yelling at me to get going. Whatever.

Keeping with the theme of the thread...

The route is in a p700. With 2 p1000's on either side, 2 inches clearance. No way to get into my car, since the back door is shut. Brick loaded as it turned out, anyway.

The drivers on the side had 8:45 starts. I was 8:30

UPS couldn't coordinate 2 men in a canoe.

That's funny:happy2: I'll add that comment to Rod's list of favorite things people have said on the Brown Cafe:

1. They make the decisions- we make the money
2. All hes ever done is drive a desk
3. Ups couldn't coordinate 2 men in a canoe.

tieguy

Banned
That's funny:happy2: I'll add that comment to Rod's list of favorite things people have said on the Brown Cafe:

1. They make the decisions- we make the money
2. All hes ever done is drive a desk
3. Ups couldn't coordinate 2 men in a canoe.

Now now maroon those so called pencil pushers you keep badmouthing could do anything you can do and do it better except of course for folding mommas laundry. That we will let you reign supreme.

rod

Retired 22 years
And your both banned! Thats what I do here! HAHAHAHahahhahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought all you had to do was add a smiley face after an insult and everthing was ok. I was just following managements methods. :peaceful: P. S. anything about "folding laundry" won't make my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmonster
:greedy: I used to fold the laundry until that fateful day when thongs belonging to my daughter started appearing.

Soberups
I hate having to ask my teenage daughter whether or a not a particular bra is hers or my wifes.:anxious:

Oh gezzz, can I identify with that. I thought all that "girls growing up" at my house was bad. I have two daughters, but Stug has 5 ! holy cow, I would have hung myself by the time the youngest was 13.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
This thread of package cars not fitting into the building reminds me of a conversation between Stewie and Brian in Family Guy:

Brian: Ah, I've heard about that place.

Stewie: Really? What's it like? 'Cause I have no idea.

Brian: Well, uh... I suppose if you imagine it like a parking space, that you think, "Gosh, there's no way I'm gonna be able to fit in there." But then you fold in the side-view mirrors and, sure enough, well, look at that.

Stewie: Well, in that scenario, it sounds like I'd rather be the parking space than the car.

Brian: Yeah, that's what I've always guessed.

Omega man

We are not supposed to drive our vehicles until a proper pretrip has been done on them. Vehicles that are parked within inches of each other cannot be properly pretripped.
If UPS charges us for accidents when they park their vehicles too close simply do not move it until you can pretrip it.

[CITE: 49CFR396.13][Page 466-467] TITLE 49--TRANSPORTATION

CHAPTER III--FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

Sec. 396.13 Driver inspection.

Before driving a motor vehicle, the driver shall: (a) Be satisfied that the motor vehicle is in safe operating condition.

We are not supposed to drive our vehicles until a proper pretrip has been done on them. Vehicles that are parked within inches of each other cannot be properly pretripped.
If UPS charges us for accidents when they park their vehicles too close simply do not move it until you can pretrip it.
Here they have us do a "cold pretrip", we pull out to the parking lot, stop & do the pretrip.