the new 70 hour rule should now speak volumes to us drivers

SLC D

safety, what does safety mean anymore to the corporate UPS fools? it means disregarding and overlooking everything UPS has preached about safety since Casey opened the doors. Our so-called leaders have sold us out once and for all. open your eyes drivers. the $$$$$'s are and always have been more important than us. selling out to achieve the all mighty bottom line and save face at our expense says it all. our safety means NOTHING to UPS anymore. Abney is scared to death that he and his boys and girls will fail this peak even though Abney himself said "technology" will get us thru this peak without additional hires. what does that tell us all? we got the message Abney. now it's our turn. you avid BC readers take note. you BC skeptics and BC comedians take heed. contact your locals President and have them provide you with the report that was sent to them months ago about what we drivers can legally and safely do regarding UPS delivery methods. and it all has to do with us drivers who have been trained to park illegally from the first day we were trained. Sean, Hoffa and the others in Washington also have copies of the proposals that will forever change the way we deliver their/our customers packages. this is not a joke. the Washington lawmakers also have copies of our proposals. we have been waiting for this radical change to finally take place and if we stand together we can and will finally control our futures and there is not one thing UPS will be able to do about it. think about it before you laugh or dismiss this change . this will be a game changer for every UPS delivery driver. NO MORE ILLEGAL parking. its gonna happen. Abney thinks technology will save them? we drivers do not need technology to refuse to park illegally any more. we will be protected by the law, not UPS's law. its a decision we all need to make immediately to secure our futures and finally give every driver an edge over the constant BS dished out by mngt. every single day. its time for our change! WE DO NOT HAVE TO PARK ILLEGALLY ANYMORE!
I tried to follow your thought process by re-reading your post three times. WTF are you speaking about? Based on your post, one doesn’t have to do with another...

The Driver

I drive.
I tried to follow your thought process by re-reading your post three times. WTF are you speaking about? Based on your post, one doesn’t have to do with another...

Parking, guy, duh! Parking. It's all parking, all the time. You go, you park. You park, then park again. You drive for a while and then park. Push on the accelerator, then push on the brake long enough to be able to put it in park. This guy is thinking parking, long term.

Park.

vvv

I get sent out heavy because that's the amount of work they put on me. I don't run. I walk, not even that fast. I don't back unnecessarily, EVER. I go around the block. Always. I can't think of corners that I cut, today, except if having a helper counts. I'll take multiple trips if using a handcart is dangerous in any way. I drive the speed limit or under, very slow in parking lots, always use my horn, etc. You don't have to tell me how to do my job. And GEAR doesn't know what this job is really like, he can screw off. And you can, too. Hope the target on your back isn't as big as I imagine it probably is, by the way.

It was frigging HUGE and again I could care less, I've weathered the storm like this for so so long you haven't a clue.
You know how many times mostly years ago they would come to me with frivolous nonsense and numbers and I would laugh in their face and tell them to fire me?
They really don't even bother with me no more as all their harassment went nowhere because I stood up for myself and didn't even go get union backing unless it was absolutely needed.

You make me laugh pretty much like all the other drivers around my center asking how I've lasted so long and how do I do it.
But I flip it around and say actually they'll be the ones to go before me for either too many accidents or corner cutting of various degrees. When you do things right you can laugh and have no worries.

You are conversing with a well seasoned vet on this end and not some new guy on the block here junior. I've got you doubled up on seniority and can walk whenever I'm ready to at my choosing and not letting the job control me stress or dignity wise.

Enjoy getting screwed with your heavy stop count for years and years to come.....peace.

The Driver

I drive.
It was frigging HUGE and again I could care less, I've weathered the storm like this for so so long you haven't a clue.
You know how many times mostly years ago they would come to me with frivolous nonsense and numbers and I would laugh in their face and tell them to fire me?
They really don't even bother with me no more as all their harassment went nowhere because I stood up for myself and didn't even go get union backing unless it was absolutely needed.

You make me laugh pretty much like all the other drivers around my center asking how I've lasted so long and how do I do it.
But I flip it around and say actually they'll be the ones to go before me for either too many accidents or corner cutting of various degrees. When you do things right you can laugh and have no worries.

You are conversing with a well seasoned vet on this end and not some new guy on the block here junior. I've got you doubled up on seniority and can walk whenever I'm ready to at my choosing and not letting the job control me stress or dignity wise.

Enjoy getting screwed with your heavy stop count for years and years to come.....peace.

UPS is lucky to have you. Maybe if everyone was lazy like you we would have been shut down, long ago.

Bottom line is I never work unsafe. You assume I’m some runner. But I’m just doing the job right. In fact I believe that my parking positions are safer even if they inconvenience the public for a second while I work closer and safer to my delivery point. I work at a steady pace. If they put 600 stops on me it’s not because I put myself, the package car or the public at risk.

Plus you have no idea what my loads even look like. I’ve had walk through all week. Bye, old man.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pretty sure the safety committee drones will just ignore this..

TtrfAyH.jpg
I've never been to a safety committee meeting anyway.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Totally incorrect partner, before I left the building and had just put my cart in back and closed up while waiting for other drivers to pull before me.

"BOG boy" would have that done by 3pm at most. While I took it for a 10 hour day following correct methods.
With a 40 mile route I'd say anyone worth a damn would be done with that load by 3-4 pm. Dave would probably knock it out by lunch.

The Driver

I drive.
Here you go brother, now you tell me who's making things harder than need be?

Did anyone else on here leave with a sweet load like this in the middle of December yesterday?

And mind you in that this is a route where I don't even bust 40 miles in a day. And I'll pick up perhaps 25 packages on a normal day.

Maybe I just might have a good point my friend. But keep doing things your way and enjoy the heavy dispatch and hustle n bustle....while I'm all about "Safe, Slow, and in Control".View attachment 170133

In my center they'd just load you down and brick you out, and then you'd need help everyday and your union brothers would all start to hate you for not pulling your weight. It's creepy but they've done this to another driver where I'm at.

Gear

Parts on Order
how many times have you had to off load a broken down one to an empty? gettin close

Never have and probably never will. Most breakdowns are towed back and in the yard by the time I clock in. Sounds like a huge pain and something I want to stay away from.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
safety, what does safety mean anymore to the corporate UPS fools? it means disregarding and overlooking everything UPS has preached about safety since Casey opened the doors. Our so-called leaders have sold us out once and for all. open your eyes drivers. the $$$$$'s are and always have been more important than us. selling out to achieve the all mighty bottom line and save face at our expense says it all. our safety means NOTHING to UPS anymore. Abney is scared to death that he and his boys and girls will fail this peak even though Abney himself said "technology" will get us thru this peak without additional hires. what does that tell us all? we got the message Abney. now it's our turn. you avid BC readers take note. you BC skeptics and BC comedians take heed. contact your locals President and have them provide you with the report that was sent to them months ago about what we drivers can legally and safely do regarding UPS delivery methods. and it all has to do with us drivers who have been trained to park illegally from the first day we were trained. Sean, Hoffa and the others in Washington also have copies of the proposals that will forever change the way we deliver their/our customers packages. this is not a joke. the Washington lawmakers also have copies of our proposals. we have been waiting for this radical change to finally take place and if we stand together we can and will finally control our futures and there is not one thing UPS will be able to do about it. think about it before you laugh or dismiss this change . this will be a game changer for every UPS delivery driver. NO MORE ILLEGAL parking. its gonna happen. Abney thinks technology will save them? we drivers do not need technology to refuse to park illegally any more. we will be protected by the law, not UPS's law. its a decision we all need to make immediately to secure our futures and finally give every driver an edge over the constant BS dished out by mngt. every single day. its time for our change! WE DO NOT HAVE TO PARK ILLEGALLY ANYMORE!
If I have to park LEGALLY for every stop, I would LEGALLY want to kill myself