The Parental Rights in Education Bill is now Law.

DriverNerd

No sex Ed is allowed, straight or gay. It doesn’t say don’t say gay.
No, it doesn't say 'don't say gay'. But the wording means that the teachers won't be allowed to say the word gay either. I don't see how this particular law singles out gay people considering the wording pretty much also says that little kids can't be taught about being straight either.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No, it doesn't say 'don't say gay'. But the wording means that the teachers won't be allowed to say the word gay either. I don't see how this particular law singles out gay people considering the wording pretty much also says that little kids can't be taught about being straight either.
It doesn’t single them out. That’s the point.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Any 5 year old knows what sex they are. No need at all to talk about it unless you are trying to confuse the issue.

vantexan

Yes it does. Though I'm not arguing against or for this language, just that it is in there.
I could've worded it better. The critics are calling it the "don't say gay" bill. The word gay is never used. And the point of the bill is to reserve the right of parents to discuss such things with their small children, not teachers.

vantexan

Why should children that age be subjected to those concepts? Keep it to after puberty if you're going to address it at all. In California they're supposedly allowing kids to be put on hormone blockers without a parent's knowledge. If that's true I can see where other states would want to clearly define their stance on these issues.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Why should children that age be subjected to those concepts? Keep it to after puberty if you're going to address it at all. In California they're supposedly allowing kids to be put on hormone blockers without a parent's knowledge. If that's true I can see where other states would want to clearly define their stance on these issues.

And Biden is giving it his stamp of approval.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
As a matter of fact watched video of various teachers talking about how they were discussing gender issues with their kindergarteners and second graders a couple days ago. Florida didn't just conjure up this law. This stuff was being taught in schools. Not about gays. Talking to little kids about whether they're really a little boy or girl, etc. Nowhere in the law does it mention gays. So there's your break for you.
Maybe your third grade teacher should’ve had this conversation with you? Could’ve helped. Post the link of this video please. I’d like to see it.

rickyb

Identity politics doesnt really matter wen u have no economic justice.

How much has union rate gone up under this corrupt desantis guy lol?

Wat has desantis done for workers?

Barf is flying out of my ears listening to this gullibility for desantis

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Identity politics doesnt really matter wen u have no economic justice.

How much has union rate gone up under this corrupt desantis guy lol?

Wat has desantis done for workers?

Barf is flying out of my ears listening to this gullibility for desantis
Which only proves you have no brains in your head. DeSantis is the best governor in the US. Floridians love him