The perversion of Fox News and Breitbart

diesel96

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#38353508

Our 24 hr parade of feces, dressed up as news...

And Olberman does not sugarcoat Pres Obama or the Democrats either, except for the fact when are you going to push back...

Really ! Fox news ! The irony....America's news source ? For the last 18 months, the Whitehouse have spent bending over backwards for these right-wingers, and thinktanks.
Fox, right wingers,Teapartiers, have spent this whole time, telling the world, Mr Obama, that you are not our president, that you are a communist.... Please, the irony that America is lead by a foriegn influence as reported by Murdock, An Australian News mogul, with two sons who pretend to be british, and his second largest share holder, a Saudi Prince. what a farce sucked up by all these right wing "patriots"....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Read it and weep!!

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for July 20, 2010
P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,172,000 viewers
CNN – 414,000 viewers
MSNBC – 403,000 viewers
CNBC – 154,000 viewers
HLN – 316,000 viewers
P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 2,296,000 viewers
CNN – 548,000 viewers
MSNBC –856,000 viewers
CNBC – 139,000 viewers
HLN – 516,000 viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/ratings/cable-news

HAHAHAHA.... 'ole Keith was "fired up" huh. Now I know why you are the way you are, you're a KO loud mouth wanna be.
I haven't seen the "whole video" either, have you? Gotta link to that ?

So Sherrod was involved in not doing her job to the fullest by her own words. Then her conscience started bothering her and she stopped doing it? Good for her and the people she was supposed to be helping. When I saw the videos that were on the news channels...all of them, my first reaction was...."surely there is more to this story. When she resigned, it sure seemed like she was not saying anything about the reports being out of context.
Now, I know you are adamantly opposed to anything on the right side of exterme left, that is obvious. However, the editing of videos is not a practice that is exclusive to fox news. The words that riled everyone so much, did in fact come from Ms. Sherrod's own mouth, that can't be denied. If you have a link to the full vid, please post it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So diesel buddy you have a distaste for Fox News.
Are you behind the push to have the FCC pull their license ?
That will show them who really controls the press around here.

oh, just in case you missed the other BIG story this week, let me inform you.
(Daily Caller)- In the hours after Sen. John McCain announced his choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate in the last presidential race, members of an online forum called Journolist struggled to make sense of the pick. Many of them were liberal reporters, and in some cases their comments reflected a journalist’s instinct to figure out the meaning of a story.
But in many other exchanges, the Journolisters clearly had another, more partisan goal in mind: to formulate the most effective talking points in order to defeat Palin and McCain and help elect Barack Obama president. The tone was more campaign headquarters than newsroom.
The conversation began with a debate over how best to attack Sarah Palin. “Honestly, this pick reeks of desperation,” wrote Michael Cohen of the New America Foundation in the minutes after the news became public. “How can anyone logically argue that Sarah Pallin [sic], a one-term governor of Alaska, is qualified to be President of the United States? Train wreck, thy name is Sarah Pallin.”
Not a wise argument, responded Jonathan Stein, a reporter for Mother Jones. If McCain were asked about Palin’s inexperience, he could simply point to then candidate Barack Obama’s similarly thin resume. “Q: Sen. McCain, given Gov. Palin’s paltry experience, how is she qualified to be commander in chief?,” Stein asked hypothetically. “A: Well, she has much experience as the Democratic nominee.”
“What a joke,” added Jeffrey Toobin of the New Yorker. “I always thought that some part of McCain doesn’t want to be president, and this choice proves my point. Welcome back, Admiral Stockdale.”
…Suzanne Nossel, chief of operations for Human Rights Watch, added a novel take: “I think it is and can be spun as a profoundly sexist pick. Women should feel umbrage at the idea that their votes can be attracted just by putting a woman, any woman, on the ticket no matter her qualifications or views.”
Mother Jones’s Stein loved the idea. “That’s excellent! If enough people – people on this list? – write that the pick is sexist, you’ll have the networks debating it for days. And that negates the SINGLE thing Palin brings to the ticket,” he wrote.
Another writer from Mother Jones, Nick Baumann, had this idea: “Say it with me: ‘Classic GOP Tokenism’.”
Kilgore wasn’t sold: “I STRONGLY think the immediate task is to challenge the ‘maverick’ bull**** about Palin, which everybody on the tube is echoing. I’ll say it one more time: Palin is a hard-core conservative ideologue in every measurable way.”

More :
LAURA ROZEN: People we no longer have to listen to: would it be unwise to start a thread of people we are grateful we no longer have to listen to? If not, I’ll start off: Michael Rubin.
MICHAEL COHEN, NEW AMERICA FOUNDATION: Mark Penn and Bob Shrum. Anyone who uses the expression “Real America.” We should send there ass to Gitmo!
JESSE TAYLOR, PANDAGON.NET: Michael Barone? Please?
LAURA ROZEN: Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich (afraid it’s not true), Drill Here Drill Now, And David Addington, John Yoo, we’ll see you in court?
JEFFREY TOOBIN, THE NEW YORKER: As a side note, does anyone know what prompted Michael Barone to go insane?
MATT DUSS: LEDEEN.
SPENCER ACKERMAN: Let’s just throw Ledeen against a wall. Or, pace Dr. Alterman, throw him through a plate glass window. I’ll bet a little spot of violence would shut him right the **** up, as with most bullies.
JOE KLEIN, TIME: Pete Wehner…these sort of things always end badly.
ERIC ALTERMAN, AUTHOR, WHAT LIBERAL MEDIA: ****ing Nascar retards…

Or :
(Daily Caller) — If you were in the presence of a man having a heart attack, how would you respond? As he clutched his chest in desperation and pain, would you call 911? Would you try to save him from dying? Of course you would.
But if that man was Rush Limbaugh, and you were Sarah Spitz, a producer for National Public Radio, that isn’t what you’d do at all.
In a post to the list-serv Journolist, an online meeting place for liberal journalists, Spitz wrote that she would “Laugh loudly like a maniac and watch his eyes bug out” as Limbaugh writhed in torment.
In boasting that she would gleefully watch a man die in front of her eyes, Spitz seemed to shock even herself. “I never knew I had this much hate in me,” she wrote. “But he deserves it.”
Spitz’s hatred for Limbaugh seems intemperate, even imbalanced. On Journolist, where conservatives are regarded not as opponents but as enemies, it barely raised an eyebrow.
In the summer of 2009, agitated citizens from across the country flocked to town hall meetings to berate lawmakers who had declared support for President Obama’s health care bill. For most people, the protests seemed like an exercise in participatory democracy, rowdy as some of them became.
On Journolist, the question was whether the protestors were garden-variety fascists or actual Nazis.
“You know, at the risk of violating Godwin’s law, is anyone starting to see parallels here between the teabaggers and their tactics and the rise of the Brownshirts?” asked Bloomberg’s Ryan Donmoyer. “Esp. Now that it’s getting violent? Reminds me of the Beer Hall fracases of the 1920s.”
…The very existence of Fox News, meanwhile, sends Journolisters into paroxysms of rage. When Howell Raines charged that the network had a conservative bias, the members of Journolist discussed whether the federal government should shut the channel down.
“I am genuinely scared” of Fox, wrote Guardian columnist Daniel Davies, because it “shows you that a genuinely shameless and unethical media organisation *cannot* be controlled by any form of peer pressure or self-regulation, and nor can it be successfully cold-shouldered or ostracised. In order to have even a semblance of control, you need a tough legal framework.” Davies, a Brit, frequently argued the United States needed stricter libel laws.

civil, criminal, or political conspiracy ?

tieguy

Banned
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#38353508

Our 24 hr parade of feces, dressed up as news...

And Olberman does not sugarcoat Pres Obama or the Democrats either, except for the fact when are you going to push back...

Really ! Fox news ! The irony....America's news source ? For the last 18 months, the Whitehouse have spent bending over backwards for these right-wingers, and thinktanks.
Fox, right wingers,Teapartiers, have spent this whole time, telling the world, Mr Obama, that you are not our president, that you are a communist.... Please, the irony that America is lead by a foriegn influence as reported by Murdock, An Australian News mogul, with two sons who pretend to be british, and his second largest share holder, a Saudi Prince. what a farce sucked up by all these right wing "patriots"....

In this thread the OP attempts to discredit an allegedly biased news source with another allegedly biased news source. :happy2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The funny thing is....I listened to the whole Olberman clip, the whole show, they had it on my local radio station today. He did excoriate Obama administration while he called Breitbart every other name in the book.
The thing is..............they fired her without doing their homework. Kinda like UPS taking the word of a customer without asking you a thing. Yeah that never would happen, but.............Fox didnt call for her firing.
For people who write 2000 page bills, but dont read them, why did they fire her without looking for the speech, or talking to people who were there? Olberman actually did a good job of looking at both sides. IMO. I think it all is a trick to take our focus off of the real issues. She will sue and get millions. She has harbored hatred towards the white race, , cant say I would blame her, I didnt live her life. Probably the same kind of dislike I have towards welfare people, who are stereo typed, some need but I feel most dont when they have stuff better than me except where they live and who pays for it. I guess that is the trade off. I would rather have a shack, thats mine than live in a project.
Either way, its a sham, it will be resolved, monetarily in her favor. We the taxpayer will foot the bill., Either way in the scheme of things, their is racism running rampant. But Obama has caused it and it started in Cambridge. JMHO

brett636

Diesel- I have to thank you for reminding me why I don't watch the biased news that comes from that lowly rated cable news channel. I prefer a more "fair and balanced" approach if you know what I mean . ;)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(Daily Caller)If you were one of the 400 members of the listserv Journolist, perhaps one of the most vicious insults you could hurl at a colleague is: You’re just like Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity.
If the reader holds neutral — or even positive — views about the Fox News hosts, the insult may not sting. But in the cloistered world of liberal listserv enclaves, Hannityism is a cardinal sin. After all, Fox is a “dangerous,” “deranged” “cesspool” that, possibly, the FCC should be investigating.
The feelings against MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, then, must run deep.
“He’s become O’Reilly on the left — completely predictable, unfunny, and arrogant,” said Georgetown University Professor Michael Kazin in May 2009. “To my mind, what they do is no different form Hannity and O’Reilly,” said the New America Foundation’s Michael Cohen, “At least Hannity and O’Reilly engage with the other side (if mainly just to yell at them). Olbermann is just an echo chamber.”
At issue was a segment Olbermann had run about Carrie Prejean, the former Miss California who stirred debate in 2009 when she defended traditional marriage.
Following the segment, the subject on Journolist was “I hate Keith Olbermann again,” and the members of the list let it rip.
The Nation’s Katha Pollitt began the group’s rant. “He and Michael Musto did this whole long riff about beauty contestant Carrie ‘opposite marriage’ Prejean’s breast implants, stupidity, breast implants, tacky clothes, earrings, breast implants. They went on and on about how she was ‘part plastic’ and pathetic. You’d think they were celibate vegans who spent their lives zen meditating. It was just a whole TV humiliation of her, and it made me feel sorry for her, which wasn’t easy,” Pollitt said.
Michael O’Hare, a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, said the segment was “about as funny as a rubber crutch. Odd when a reasonable person’s internal alarm doesn’t go off in a situation like that . . . ‘I’m going to ridicule a girl who’s obviously at her personal limits just trying to look conventionally pretty on national TV? What does that make me’?”
O’Hare even suggested friends stage an intervention for Olbermann. “If anyone on the list is a friend of Olbermann, friendship demands that you give him a head-up about this lapse,” he said.
Julian Zelizer, a Princeton professor and CNN contributor, said Olbermann’s root problem is his misogyny. “I can’t take him anytime. I think to write off his mysogyny (sic) as limited to Musto is just not accurate. That very much defined much of how he talked about Clinton as well as others.”
Salon’s Rebecca Traister agreed Olbermann regularly displayed his contempt for women. “Olbermann has a terrible record of going out of his way to talk about young, attractive women he believes to be stupid in grotesquely dismissive and oversexualized terms.”

Babagounj

Strength through joy

tieguy

Banned
this story has been entertaining as heck.

the liberals being the keeperss of racism apparently shot one of their own with their own gun. The racism issue has always been owned by the white liberal and supported by opportunist like Sharpton and jackson. All they needed was an ally oop by a conservative new source and they quickly took the ball and slammed it home. To think the white liberals have now shot a black female for prejudices admitted to many years ago.

this type of dialogue by mz. Sherrod was actually very refreshing. We have always known that the evils of racism travel in both directions of the road. Yet the keepers of racism have always denied the possibility that a person of color can be so bigoted.

how this contrasts to the death of former Klan member robert byrd who joined the klan when politically expedient to do so but yet never suffered for it amongst the keepers of racism.

Don't bring up david duke though. Apparently white conservatives can not reform.

Ms. Sherrods dialogue had the potential of perhaps creating an openness in dialogue that could actually help to fix this festering cancer. On one side you have those of color who have felt abused due to their color and ethnicity. On the other side you have a white race that does not want to pay for the sins of their forefathers and is incensed that open dialogue on this touchy subject brings immediate charges of bigotry.

I was born a german who lived with the guilt of what my countrymen did to this world and the brutal violent bigotry perpetuated on the jews.

I grew up in this country watching the civil rights protest on cronkite every night.

I watched various cities burn in protest of civil injustices percieved or real.

I have also experienced the reverse discrimination that comes with my giving up opportunity i have earned to make up for the sins of yesteryear.

I have listened to the debates of race and discrimination for many years carefully choosing my words afraid the wrong word may cause me to be labeled a bigot.

Racial healing desperately needs the dialogue that has been suppressed into cliches and accepted verbage. Of all the arguments I have heard for or against the one that sticks with me is when a black friend said he would rather a white call him the N word if that is the way he feels so that he at least knows whats on the mans mind or in his heart.

how odd in todays world that the N word has now become a term of endearment amongst those who are otherwise so. violently offended by it.

This issue isnot only an embarrassment to the Obama administration but any conservative news sources that fed the fire.

Let this event unusual as it is be the lesson that finally promotes open dialogue and a healing amongst the races. Enough with the bullshcat race games.

Last edited:

diesel96

Read it and weep!!

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for July 20, 2010
P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,172,000 viewers
CNN – 414,000 viewers
MSNBC – 403,000 viewers
CNBC – 154,000 viewers
HLN – 316,000 viewers
P2+ Prime Time
FNC – 2,296,000 viewers
CNN – 548,000 viewers
MSNBC –856,000 viewers
CNBC – 139,000 viewers
HLN – 516,000 viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/ratings/cable-news

Diesel- I have to thank you for reminding me why I don't watch the biased news that comes from that lowly rated cable news channel. I prefer a more "fair and balanced" approach if you know what I mean . ;)

Newsflash you guys....Sponge Bob, Hanna Montanna, and reruns of NCIS crush all of our favorite cable media outlets(even Fox)..Just putting things in perspective for you when avoiding the content and use our ratings is better than your ratings as a reponse....

this story has been entertaining as heck.

the liberals being the keeperss of racism apparently shot one of their own with their own gun. The racism issue has always been owned by the white liberal and supported by opportunist like Sharpton and jackson. All they needed was an ally oop by a conservative new source and they quickly took the ball and slammed it home. To think the white liberals have now shot a black female for prejudices admitted to many years ago.

this type of dialogue by mz. Sherrod was actually very refreshing. We have always known that the evils of racism travel in both directions of the road. Yet the keepers of racism have always denied the possibility that a person of color can be so bigoted.

how this contrasts to the death of former Klan member robert byrd who joined the klan when politically expedient to do so but yet never suffered for it amongst the keepers of racism.

Don't bring up david duke though. Apparently white conservatives can not reform.

Ms. Sherrods dialogue had the potential of perhaps creating an openness in dialogue that could actually help to fix this festering cancer. On one side you have those of color who have felt abused due to their color and ethnicity. On the other side you have a white race that does not want to pay for the sins of their forefathers and is incensed that open dialogue on this touchy subject brings immediate charges of bigotry.

I was born a german who lived with the guilt of what my countrymen did to this world and the brutal violent bigotry perpetuated on the jews.

I grew up in this country watching the civil rights protest on cronkite every night.

I watched various cities burn in protest of civil injustices percieved or real.

I have also experienced the reverse discrimination that comes with my giving up opportunity i have earned to make up for the sins of yesteryear.

I have listened to the debates of race and discrimination for many years carefully choosing my words afraid the wrong word may cause me to be labeled a bigot.

Racial healing desperately needs the dialogue that has been suppressed into cliches and accepted verbage. Of all the arguments I have heard for or against the one that sticks with me is when a black friend said he would rather a white call him the N word if that is the way he feels so that he at least knows whats on the mans mind or in his heart.

how odd in todays world that the N word has now become a term of endearment amongst those who are otherwise so. violently offended by it.

This issue isnot only an embarrassment to the Obama administration but any conservative news sources that fed the fire.

Let this event unusual as it is be the lesson that finally promotes open dialogue and a healing amongst the races. Enough with the bullshcat race games.

I wouldn't call it entertaining when an innocent victims life is turned upside-down, but I generally agree and respect this post...."However" a certain beloved Conservative media heavywieght and their angry, spiteful, blogger minions that fuel them do not help to achieve racial bliss....What are the most talked about, doctored, heavily edited stories by the right wing media since our first black President....Lets see, Rev Wright and his 2 minute soundbite of Chickens come home to roost video, Van Jones who should have been asked to step down, but not because the lies of his criminal record and jailtime, but of his assoc with 9/11 truthers. Theirs the heavly edited video of Accorn and all the false wild allegations, Proffessor Gates and beergate, US Atty General Holder, Shirley Sherrod ...What do all these subjects have in commom ? minorities ? Fear the black man ?... Is that what the right means when they say "Let's take our country back?" how about, let's take our country forward....

moreluck

golden ticket member
"What are the most talked about, doctored, heavily edited stories by the right wing media since our first black President...?"

I seem to recall it's whether or not SpongeBob Squarepants and Patrick have a thing goin on....

tieguy

Banned
....What are the most talked about, doctored, heavily edited stories by the right wing media since our first black President....Lets see, Rev Wright and his 2 minute soundbite of Chickens come home to roost video, Van Jones who should have been asked to step down, but not because the lies of his criminal record and jailtime, but of his assoc with 9/11 truthers. Theirs the heavly edited video of Accorn and all the false wild allegations, Proffessor Gates and beergate, US Atty General Holder, Shirley Sherrod ...What do all these subjects have in commom ? minorities ? Fear the black man ?... Is that what the right means when they say "Let's take our country back?" how about, let's take our country forward....

iI'm not sure what news sources you expose yourself to but in my world the health care bill and the BP oil spill have been much bigger stories then the ones you list.

UPS Lifer

I second that!!! Dies - I love your come backs.... they are hysterical - Hanna Montana ! REALLY...... LOL LOL

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What do you call a half black and half white person ?

a Multiracial.
barry calls himself an African-American yet he is actually a Multiracial.
Why does he neglect his white mother and proclaim himself to be an African-American?
How do you stand behind the father that had no love for you or your mother.

bbsam

Staff member
Although I am also bi-racial, I call myself African-American. Why? Because that's what society has called me through the last decade or so. I'm sure if this had been another time I'd be "colored", "black", "negro", or other perhaps less flattering terms. One thing is clear though. Growing up noone ever called me "that white kid". Doesn't matter though. I don't really believe it's an issue for you, just another thing to complain about a president you can't stand.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"....just another thing to complain about a president you can't stand. ..."

Believe me, there is enough to complain about without ever reaching the color column!

tieguy

Banned
What do you call a half black and half white person ?

a Multiracial.
barry calls himself an African-American yet he is actually a Multiracial.
Why does he neglect his white mother and proclaim himself to be an African-American?
How do you stand behind the father that had no love for you or your mother.

The term african american is an interesting one. whites are not called Euro-americans or slavik americans or russo-americans.
How much black does one need in their lineage to be considered a black man? a search on the internet generally brings up the definition that:
The term african american is defined as someone who's origins descend from africa.
What then shall we call those of color who are not from african origins?

what then shall we call someone with white skin from south africa? Superior?

Perhaps when we someday feel comfortable enough to really discuss race we can start by getting away from these stupid labels? Deport all the coloreds

Last edited: