THE REALITY OF THE U.P.S. CONTRACT

Irishman Collins

U.P.S. has had my insurance since I began work at U.P.S.. The benefits have stayed the same and they are the shiny new Cadillac plan. I think I should ask Y.R.C. employees what they think of Central States and their health plan. I think the minimum age to retire with benefits at Y.R.C. is something like 98 isn't it? Also what is the minimum age to retire with benefits north of Columbus, currently? I bet it's not 51 like in the South. Why are you all so desperate to have less than we get in the South? After we turned it down the first time, didn't you guys benefit from our efforts like we did? I think they changed your benefits up North after the first vote, didn't they? Remember the I.B.T. and Ohio said that our benefits couldn't be changed because the Master passed and then Whamo, mysteriously they changed! We have been lied to throughout this process and quite frankly it disgust me!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

U.P.S. has had my insurance since I began work at U.P.S.. The benefits have stayed the same and they are the shiny new Cadillac plan. I think I should ask Y.R.C. employees what they think of Central States and their health plan. I think the minimum age to retire with benefits at Y.R.C. is something like 98 isn't it? Also what is the minimum age to retire with benefits north of Columbus, currently? I bet it's not 51 like in the South. Why are you all so desperate to have less than we get in the South? After we turned it down the first time, didn't you guys benefit from our efforts like we did? I think they changed your benefits up North after the first vote, didn't they? Remember the I.B.T. and Ohio said that our benefits couldn't be changed because the Master passed and then Whamo, mysteriously they changed! We have been lied to throughout this process and quite frankly it disgust me!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Not Cadillac plan. You should the YRC members what they think about their healthcare plan. 98 try another misinformation tactic. People in the South some in he South are in Central States already. No I don't remember when the IBT and Ohio said it couldn't change.
Don't worry. Be happy

Irishman Collins

Stonefish, I am talking about South Ohio, from Columbus down. Also, yes we were told in our contract meeting that the Master can't be changed. When the vote went down they put us into a better Teamcare plan. It's still pales in comparison to our current plan. I asked questions which again you didn't answer. # 1.what is the minimum age you can retire with benefits in your area and what is the minimum age for Y.R.C. employees to retire with benefits? Currently we can retire at 51 with benefits. Why would we want to give that up?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Stonefish, I am talking about South Ohio, from Columbus down. Also, yes we were told in our contract meeting that the Master can't be changed. When the vote went down they put us into a better Teamcare plan. It's still pales in comparison to our current plan. I asked questions which again you didn't answer. # 1.what is the minimum age you can retire with benefits in your area and what is the minimum age for Y.R.C. employees to retire with benefits? Currently we can retire at 51 with benefits. Why would we want to give that up?

Sent using BrownCafe App

What changed in the Master after the first vote?
The age to receive retiree healthcare at YRC is age 57. They appreciate their benefits unlike some.
The age for a UPS member who is currently in the Company Plan to receive health care is 52 in the TeamCare Plan if you were full-time prior to 8/1/13.

stink219

Ok, I get it. Maybe there is someone out there who can explain intelligently the reason we should vote yes and except this contract full of concessions and a " unsustainable" health plan.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I've had teamster run health forever. My last EBoard increased the surplus 17 million in 7 years. Now at 45 million. You'll be fine.

Why does every TDU defender never admit they are TDU supporters?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I've had teamster run health forever. My last EBoard increased the surplus 17 million in 7 years. Now at 45 million. You'll be fine.
...until the ACA kicks in.
You don't know of any changes in the bill that will prevent it from having an adverse affect on your Taft Hartley plan, do you?

Last edited:

stink219

Depends if your fund is self administered or not. Mine is, yours will be.

Why does every TDU defender never admit they are TDU supporters?

Irishman Collins

I don't know. If they had legitimate reasons to vote it down, I'd side with them(like L89). But this panic on HC is a little crazy.
What about the words WILL make non-profit plans like our Unsustainable! Is that reason enough for you? This quote was taken from the letter Hoffa wrote with two other Union Leaders about how the Affordable Care Act will affect Taft Hartley plans like Teamcare. Will means shall! There is no in between. What is so hard to understand. You guys seem like career politicians instead of drivers. As far as the U.P.S. plan remaining sustainable. Anything is possible but i will take my chances with a possibility instead of a definite. Who are you guys trying to protect? If you are as intelligent as you seem then I am sure you can understand that the Word WILL leaves no question as to what will happen to Teamcare without legislation protecting it. I look forward to your pictures of your dogs or elementary comments in response since that seems to be all you can do to try and cloud this issue.