THE REALITY OF THE U.P.S. CONTRACT

Stonefish

What about the words WILL make non-profit plans like our Unsustainable! Is that reason enough for you? This quote was taken from the letter Hoffa wrote with two other Union Leaders about how the Affordable Care Act will affect Taft Hartley plans like Teamcare. Will means shall! There is no in between. What is so hard to understand. You guys seem like career politicians instead of drivers. As far as the U.P.S. plan remaining sustainable. Anything is possible but i will take my chances with a possibility instead of a definite. Who are you guys trying to protect? If you are as intelligent as you seem then I am sure you can understand that the Word WILL leaves no question as to what will happen to Teamcare without legislation protecting it. I look forward to your pictures of your dogs or elementary comments in response since that seems to be all you can do to try and cloud this issue.
Here is a response for you. The National Master passed. You will (shall) be in TeamCare. Do you understand what will, shall and are means? Oh that's right UPS has deep pockets they will always be ok I'm sorry. Keep talking about the unsustainable plan you WILL be in.

Irishman Collins

Here is a response for you. The National Master passed. You will (shall) be in TeamCare. Do you understand what will, shall and are means? Oh that's right UPS has deep pockets they will always be ok I'm sorry. Keep talking about the unsustainable plan you WILL be in.
How you can read that letter and still be all giddy that you,(I) may be in Teamcare together? Aren't you concerned about the well being of all Teamster's that will be put in this unsustainable health plan? I hope, hell I pray, that you are not a representative of The I.B.T. because if you are. You are an example of why we need new leadership throughout. All I can say is Wow! This letter is not fraudulent, it is not a T.D.U. misinformation flier. This a real letter talking about real situations that will affect each and every brother and sister of our great union and all you can do is make jokes. Pathetic!

stink219

What about the words WILL make non-profit plans like our Unsustainable! Is that reason enough for you? This quote was taken from the letter Hoffa wrote with two other Union Leaders about how the Affordable Care Act will affect Taft Hartley plans like Teamcare. Will means shall! There is no in between. What is so hard to understand. You guys seem like career politicians instead of drivers. As far as the U.P.S. plan remaining sustainable. Anything is possible but i will take my chances with a possibility instead of a definite. Who are you guys trying to protect? If you are as intelligent as you seem then I am sure you can understand that the Word WILL leaves no question as to what will happen to Teamcare without legislation protecting it. I look forward to your pictures of your dogs or elementary comments in response since that seems to be all you can do to try and cloud this issue.
Do you think Obama would have had severity if Hoffa hit him with a "maybe"? Or a "kinda"? Or a "imagine"? Hoffa is a negotiator, even when it comes to the president. If your pulling a route and there is a chance you may have missed business, do you say,"There is a slight possibility that I'll have missed business." Or more like,"I will have 10 missed!"?

Why does every TDU defender never admit they are TDU supporters?

Irishman Collins

Do you think Obama would have had severity if Hoffa hit him with a "maybe"? Or a "kinda"? Or a "imagine"? Hoffa is a negotiator, even when it comes to the president. If your pulling a route and there is a chance you may have missed business, do you say,"There is a slight possibility that I'll have missed business." Or more like,"I will have 10 missed!"?

Why does every TDU defender never admit they are TDU supporters?
Stink, i don't even know how to respond to that. First of all I am not T.D.U, not now probably never. I simply read newspapers, watch news and read letters and form an opinion based on fact. That letter is fact and most all Union leaders are saying the same thing. I even posted some videos of other leaders speaking out about this law. Stink, this is fact, plain and simple.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
How you can read that letter and still be all giddy that you,(I) may be in Teamcare together? Aren't you concerned about the well being of all Teamster's that will be put in this unsustainable health plan? I hope, hell I pray, that you are not a representative of The I.B.T. because if you are. You are an example of why we need new leadership throughout. All I can say is Wow! This letter is not fraudulent, it is not a T.D.U. misinformation flier. This a real letter talking about real situations that will affect each and every brother and sister of our great union and all you can do is make jokes. Pathetic!
Are you drinking??

Anonymous 12

Non active member
407, that's all you have some silly comment? How about humoring us with a picture of your dog again. My lord, the saying loyalty is blind, is so true!
Whatever bubblehead. I don't always come here to talk shop. I like to goof off. I remember when you were fun and had my back on this site. That was back in last July or June.

Irishman Collins

Whatever bubblehead. I don't always come here to talk shop. I like to goof off. I remember when you were fun and had my back on this site. That was back in last July or June.
Again, 407 I am not bubblehead. 407, I bet you are a good Teamster. I ask you just research this matter a little more. You know it is possible that people you believe in sometimes aren't telling the whole story. As a member who loves their Union. I beg of you get all the facts and then form your opinion. This is too important of an issue to let go. We all work our collective asses off and we deserve continued good pay and benefits. In the past Teamsters gave great sacrifices to better the lives of others. Lets not let that all go by the wayside over loyalties. Goodnight brother 407.

Stonefish

The answers are no I am not concerned. No I'm not an IBT Rep but nice try. My opinion is people are grasping at straws to try to get this voted down and it's a shame

upschuck

It says nowhere here that ours is unsustainable, like some folks have stated here. When I say A is like B in no way makes A a subset of B.

O/C

The answers are no I am not concerned. No I'm not an IBT Rep but nice try. My opinion is people are grasping at straws to try to get this voted down and it's a shame

It needed to get voted down in the first place, come on read the language. We have 1.70 to 2.00 dollars increase per year going into our GWI, Health and Welfare and Pension, the allocation will be subject to change according to cost of our projected Health and Welfare plans. Our hourly wage increase would be taken to cover our Health and Welfare increasing cost,
particularly in 2016, 2017. It is in the contract, please correct me if that is not true.

For the higher seniority part timers close to retirement, read Article 34 (master). I know there are clerical errors relating to your service pension, is it 50, 55 or 60 dollars per credit year? I know that the 60 dollar credit only applies to 2008 to current, That 2150 quote is only for those part timers who started in 2008 and will retire 35 years from that year. You gained nothing except a concession with paying for your Health and Welfare co-pay and annual deductables.

Stonefish

It needed to get voted down in the first place, come on read the language. We have 1.70 to 2.00 dollars increase per year going into our GWI, Health and Welfare and Pension, the allocation will be subject to change according to cost of our projected Health and Welfare plans. Our hourly wage increase would be taken to cover our Health and Welfare increasing cost,
particularly in 2016, 2017. It is in the contract, please correct me if that is not true.

For the higher seniority part timers close to retirement, read Article 34 (master). I know there are clerical errors relating to your service pension, is it 50, 55 or 60 dollars per credit year? I know that the 60 dollar credit only applies to 2008 to current, That 2150 quote is only for those part timers who started in 2008 and will retire 35 years from that year. You gained nothing except a concession with paying for your Health and Welfare co-pay and annual deductables.

First off you should read the contract also. Secondly, if you are in or are going to be in the TeamCare Plan if I remember correctly they have 19 months of funding levels and I think it will get better.
You should re-read Article 34 regarding the part-time pension.

O/C

First off you should read the contract also. Secondly, if you are in or are going to be in the TeamCare Plan if I remember correctly they have 19 months of funding levels and I think it will get better.
You should re-read Article 34 regarding the part-time pension.

Stone, please inform me on my mis-reading of Article 34 (part-time pension formula)? Can the union take our general wage increase (GWI) to cover the possible increases for our health and welfare costs?

upschuck

Stone, please inform me on my mis-reading of Article 34 (part-time pension formula)? Can the union take our general wage increase (GWI) to cover the possible increases for our health and welfare costs?
They have been able to do that for the past 2? contracts. I bet you that if you'd stayed in UPS plan that you would not be getting the raise and paying a copay, Teamcare has not taken any part of raise ever.

O/C

They have been able to do that for the past 2? contracts. I bet you that if you'd stayed in UPS plan that you would not be getting the raise and paying a copay, Teamcare has not taken any part of raise ever.

I hope you are right. Question is if there was not a concern over sky rocketing health insurance rates why the Letter of Understanding. It was in the last contract i agree, the only difference was the amount of GWI that the plan administrators could take and granted it did not happen. It does not paint a pretty picture about everybody's health insurance costs.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
(i) UPS Part-time Pension Plan
(1) The UPS Pension Plan will be improved to provide monthly
benefits for part-time employees not covered by Teamster Pension
Plans as follows: The benefit formula in the UPS Pension Plan for
current or future part-time employees who are participants will be
increased effective August 1, 2004 to fifty-five dollars ($55.00) for
each year of past and future Credited Service to a maximum of thirty-
five (35) years of Credited Service. The benefit formula in the
UPS Pension Plan for current or future part-time employees who
are participants will be increased solely for purposes of the monthly
accrued benefit, effective August 1, 2008 to sixty dollars
($60.00) for each year of future Credited Service
to a maximum of
35 years of Credited Service. If a participant is in Covered

Employment on August 1, 2008, he shall receive the sixty dollars

($60.00) benefit formula for the entire 2008 plan year.

It is $55.00 per year from start to 2007 and $60.00 per year from 2008 and on.This is based on 750 hours per year worked .