The religion of peace strikes again...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ok then ---they just want us to send them billions of dollars so they can solve their own problems------------like that would ever happen.
So our only option is billions in aid, or billions in military spending?
Like I said, seems like the refugees have it all figured out.
GTFO while you can.

wkmac

It's like trying to have a conversation with an Alzheimer's patient.
Every new chance to blow something up seems to erase their memory of our consistent failures in the region.

Every day is meeting the same old new friend all over again.

No wonder humanity, in this case the US, keeps repeating the same old bad history over and over again.

trickpony1

Like I said, seems like the refugees have it all figured out.
GTFO while you can.

....so our Dear Leader can allow large numbers of "refugees", with little to no education or job skills, to come to the US and milk the welfare system and form gangs (like ISIS).

OOPS! I forgot........and make babies and form groups like "Syrian lives matter".

Great idea.

DriveInDriveOut for president!

Last edited:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Guess we should not have let any Italians in over the last 100 years or so. All they did was form a terrorist gang known as the Mafia.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
....so our Dear Leader can allow large numbers of "refugees", with little to no education or job skills, to come to the US and milk the welfare system and form gangs (like ISIS).

OOPS! I forgot........and make babies and form groups like "Syrian lives matter".

Great idea.

Yep. Muslim lives don't matter either to you folks. Sometimes, things are so bad in other countries that the human "Christian" thing to do is take pity on them and offer them a chance here. We're talking families here, not trained ISIS militants. Assad has created a Hell on Earth in Syria, where kids can be drafted into the military and any form of dissent is met with death. The Syrian situation is multi-sided, with many players all trying to kill each other. The civilians get caught in the middle.

If these were white Christian refugees, you'd want Congress enacting laws to assist those people with immediate action.

wkmac

Great idea.

Sounds like they will fit right in with the rest of us!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Musings Of An Average Joe: The Threat Of Non-Radical Islam - Should We Actually Listen To Bill Maher?

Bill Maher seems to understand something that virtually none of his peers on the left understand. While the debate remains exclusively about “radical Islam,” ironically enough, you’ll often find that the most "moderate", tolerant Muslims fit the exact description of the left's perception of the stereotypical racist, sexist, homophobic, religious fanatic right-wing conservative that they profess to fear and loathe.

As Maher pointed out in a discussion earlier this year about radical Islam, "I'm a liberal in this debate. I'm for free speech. To be a liberal, you have to stand up for liberal principles. It's not my fault that the part of the world that is most against liberal principles is the Muslim part of the world."

Our vetting process for Muslims and how we gauge their level of decency seems to only involve their attitudes toward extremism. It never seems to question general beliefs towards women, homosexuals, and religious tolerance. Do you believe someone should have their head cut off for drawing a cartoon? No? See, I knew you were a great person. An extensive 2013 Pew poll found some troubling results regarding both radical and non-radical Islam.

According to Pew, a majority of Muslims in several countries consider stoning a woman to death a legitimate punishment for adultery.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Musings Of An Average Joe: The Threat Of Non-Radical Islam - Should We Actually Listen To Bill Maher?

Bill Maher seems to understand something that virtually none of his peers on the left understand. While the debate remains exclusively about “radical Islam,” ironically enough, you’ll often find that the most "moderate", tolerant Muslims fit the exact description of the left's perception of the stereotypical racist, sexist, homophobic, religious fanatic right-wing conservative that they profess to fear and loathe.

As Maher pointed out in a discussion earlier this year about radical Islam, "I'm a liberal in this debate. I'm for free speech. To be a liberal, you have to stand up for liberal principles. It's not my fault that the part of the world that is most against liberal principles is the Muslim part of the world."

Our vetting process for Muslims and how we gauge their level of decency seems to only involve their attitudes toward extremism. It never seems to question general beliefs towards women, homosexuals, and religious tolerance. Do you believe someone should have their head cut off for drawing a cartoon? No? See, I knew you were a great person. An extensive 2013 Pew poll found some troubling results regarding both radical and non-radical Islam.

According to Pew, a majority of Muslims in several countries consider stoning a woman to death a legitimate punishment for adultery.

Some more cherry-picking? Maher isn't exactly one you quote on a regular basis. He does have a point, however. Islam does seem to be tolerant of some pretty extreme behavior. I had read last year that a vast majority of Egyptians were in favor of the death penalty for drawing Mohammed etc. Yes, pretty extreme.

But, our beliefs here toward homosexuality and religious tolerance can also be very extreme. But we don't kill people for it (in general). In some of the Islamic countries (Iran, for example) there is a large, well-educated middle class that isn't OK with radical Islam or be ruled by Ayatollahs. Unfortunately, that's the case in many Muslim countries. Saudi Arabia is also very conservative.

Hopefully, they progress. In the meantime, do we just kill them or try and reach some sort of understanding?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
At least 16 people, including staffers and patients, at a hospital run by Doctors Without Borders in Kunduz, a city in Afghanistan, were killed during a United States airstrike early on Saturday. Around 30 are still missing.

The Afghan military has been fighting to retake Kunduz since Monday,the Associated Press reports, when Taliban fighters overran the city. The U.S. military confirmed the 2:15 a.m. airstrike—the 12th in the area since Tuesday—in a statement. A spokesman, U.S. Army Col. Brian Tribus, said the strike “may have resulted in collateral damage to a nearby medical facility.”

http://gawker.com/doctors-without-borders-hospital-hit-during-u-s-airstr-1734454502