The religion of peace strikes again...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At least 16 people, including staffers and patients, at a hospital run by Doctors Without Borders in Kunduz, a city in Afghanistan, were killed during a United States airstrike early on Saturday. Around 30 are still missing.

The Afghan military has been fighting to retake Kunduz since Monday,the Associated Press reports, when Taliban fighters overran the city. The U.S. military confirmed the 2:15 a.m. airstrike—the 12th in the area since Tuesday—in a statement. A spokesman, U.S. Army Col. Brian Tribus, said the strike “may have resulted in collateral damage to a nearby medical facility.”

http://gawker.com/doctors-without-borders-hospital-hit-during-u-s-airstr-1734454502

What you failed to mention is the director of the facility called to let the military know that they were bombing the wrong place and that the attack lasted an additional 30 minutes after that notification had been made.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What the new details suggest "is that the hospital was intentionally targeted, killing at least 22 patients and MSF staff," said Meinie Nicolai, president of the operational directorate of Doctors without Borders, which is also known by its French initials MSF. "This would amount to a premeditated massacre. ... Reports like this underscore how critical it is for the Obama administration to immediately give consent to an independent and impartial investigation by the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission to find out how and why U.S. forces attacked our hospital."
APNewsBreak: US Analysts Knew Afghan Site Was Hospital

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's like Benghazi times 4!!

Nobody listened.

Not like Benghazi at all. BTW, several prominent Republicans have come out this week and questioned why we continue to waste millions on the Benghazi hearings. Mr. Gowdy says he has "new information", which I highly doubt.

The GOP will waste as much time and money as necessary to try and torpedo Hillary.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have heard that they were directed to target the facility in error by Afghan allies/advisors. Bad information from incompetent people. We take the hit for their screw-up.
Could the building be identified from the air as a hospital ?
From what pictures I saw the answer would be no .