The religion of peace strikes again...

moreluck

golden ticket member
jt88p5.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Cheney rushed into the oval office with a map of Iraq no roads,no cities just oill fields.
I was watching the Military Channel about WWII , it explained why the Germans wanted North Africa . There were going to invade Iraq , for their oil .
There was a coup in Iraq against the British , but the Germans sent only a small number of aircraft which really did not help against the British .
It seemed that the German leader had now set the Balkans as his source for oil .
And we all know how that turned out .

oldngray

nowhere special
I was watching the Military Channel about WWII , it explained why the Germans wanted North Africa . There were going to invade Iraq , for their oil .
There was a coup in Iraq against the British , but the Germans sent only a small number of aircraft which really did not help against the British .
It seemed that the German leader had now set the Balkans as his source for oil .
And we all know how that turned out .

When Hitler invaded Russia he was overconfident and split his forces half continued on towards Moscow and he sent another force south towards the Caucasus mountains to seize oilfields. He failed at both.

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Muslims in the Arab Press Condemn ISIS

Faced with the unrelenting reports about the sufferings of Christians and other minorities in Iraq and Syria, even Christians who are friendly toward Muslims can be perplexed and ask, “Why aren’t Muslims speaking out against these atrocities?” The answer is: Muslims have been speaking out in the strongest terms, condemning the crimes against humanity committed by ISIS (or, as it is increasingly called, IS) and others in the name of Islam.

So, why do we not hear more of this?

The first reason is because Islam is not a structurally centralized religion. Unlike, for example, Catholicism, there is no one person or institution that can speak with authority for all Sunnis or even all Shiites — to say nothing of speaking for all Muslims around the world.

The second reason is that there is a huge number of newspapers in Muslim countries throughout the world. Many, if not most, of these newspapers appear in languages unfamiliar to people in the West. Sometimes, it is not a question of Muslims speaking out, but of others just not hearing. Often, the “not hearing” happens because people do not have access to sources or just do not speak the same language. But the voices are out there.

World's top Muslim leaders condemn attacks on Iraqi Christians - Vatican Radio

trickpony1

Some people believe the Sunni's and the Shiite's have never been very fond of each other BUT they will join forces to oppose a common enemy, that being the "infidels".

As far as why the moderate "peaceful" Muslims aren't protesting against the actions of the extremists?.....really?.....the "peaceful" ones fear for their lives and the lives of their families if they do speak out.

I have some friends that live in a city that has two mosques in close proximity. I asked them if they have seen increased activity at these mosques since Sept. 11. The answer was a point blank, "yes". Draw your own conclusions as to what the increased activity may be. I seriously doubt it's a bake sale or mothers day out.

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No, to be perfectly blunt, it was people just voting for a black candidate and they knew nothing about him .....just his color.
That's right. Black men in this country get all the breaks. Born privileged because of their skin color.

More obtuse, than blunt, I'd say.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
ISIS ( IS or ISIL ) currently pays its soldiers almost $400/month . Which is almost double what the other groups including some armies pay .
No wonder their ranks are overflowing .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How did Obama get elected twice? Must have been all those inclusive loving republicans.

No, to be perfectly blunt, it was people just voting for a black candidate and they knew nothing about him .....just his color.

I voted for Obama the first thing because I wanted "anyone but Bush". I voted for him the second time as I felt he needed a second term to continue to implement the programs and policies which would further our economic recovery.