The right wing giggle hour!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Simple enough???? I'm sorry, but Boeing is a company and they have the right to go and build a new facility wherever they want and it's legal. The union doesn't get a say in it. Is that simple enough for you to understand.......the union does not own the company!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole point is that the union was making waves all about it. They have no say in it!

MOreluck,

I am confused, are you a UPS union employee or a non upser contributing on this board? Just for clarity.

As for Boeing, they have a national contract with their employees and not a regional one. In a clear attempt to circumvent that national contract, it wants to move its assembly line to a right to work state where the contract would not be in play for "new" employees.

This means, lower pay, no benefits, no pensions and they could, over time, transition the entire workforce out of washington and into so. car.

This would desvestate the washington area and its citizens.

How can you support the action of a big business to hurt your fellow americans and their families, while paying new employees LESS just to turn a bigger profit for themselves???

Why do middle class americans support the idea of lower wages and benefits for people and higher profits for businesses?

As a grandmother, wouldnt you want your grandchildrens future protected by a solid wage and benefits, or are you willing to sell them out of a job if their employer could make more money shipping the job to china?

I dont get it.

I will never understand the how the right wing can sell this concept to its followers and they buy it hook and sinker.

Peace.

curiousbrain

[...] I will never understand the how the right wing can sell this concept to its followers and they buy it hook and sinker. [...]

Isn't that the job of every contemporary politician - to sell the interest(s) of the people who fund their campaign to the people who vote for them? In fairness, this type of behavior is not limited to conservative/Republican circles.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Isn't that the job of every contemporary politician - to sell the interest(s) of the people who fund their campaign to the people who vote for them? In fairness, this type of behavior is not limited to conservative/Republican circles.

I agree. But when it comes to republican ideas for business vs. the american workforce, the american workforce always loses, and yet 59 million of them will vote for repubican candidates and hurt themselves or family members and they do it while waving the american flag.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just for your clarity.....let me make myself perfectly clear (sound familiar?) I have never worked for UPS. I am married to a guy who way a UPS Div. mgr who left in 2000 after 28 yrs. with UPS.

I used to be a union steward in what was then the C.W.A. I believe that unions have outgrown their usefulness. I think it's something like 13% of the workforce is unionized......no wonder y'all scream so loud!!!

I'm on Boeing's side on this one. I was on Gov. Walker's side too.

curiousbrain

I agree. But when it comes to republican ideas for business vs. the american workforce, the american workforce always loses, and yet 59 million of them will vote for repubican candidates and hurt themselves or family members and they do it while waving the american flag.

Peace.

Yet, millions of Americans (I leave the exact numbers as an exercise to the reader) also vote for Democrats - a party which would, on the face of it, sacrifice the largest national economy to protectionist policies which include taxing large corporations, under the expectation that they won't leave this country; this policy flies in the face of even the simplest understanding of a global economy (read: as I see it anyway, which may or may not mean anything).

It plays both ways, sir.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I really enjoyed MrFedx's twisting of the facts.
First off the workers in SC voted the union out. Something to do with poor representation.
Second, It's not like Boeing is stopping the production in Wash, quite differently, they have increased the number of workers there.
All Boeing wants to do is build planes,( thus keeping the workers happy ) .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I really enjoyed MrFedx's twisting of the facts.
First off the workers in SC voted the union out. Something to do with poor representation.
Second, It's not like Boeing is stopping the production in Wash, quite differently, they have increased the number of workers there.
All Boeing wants to do is build planes,( thus keeping the workers happy ) .

No twist here. The SC employees knew that if they went union that Boeing would pull-out. They're not dumb, and they fully realized that Boeing's only reason for moving to SC was to have a non-union 787 plant. Right-To-Work states are a gift from politicians to big industry, plain and simple.

Let me remind you that Boeing pulled a similar deal in Wichita, where they sold the plant to make it non-union. Same employees,same products, same place, just with a different name. Boeing still runs it, as in it's Boeing that pulls the strings. It's called union-busting, and I know you're all for it, except for your own union.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
peoples-car.jpg
Via Sad Hill News