The Survival Plan

Sammie

One of the reasons that I think this works is because feeders are a different breed of people at UPS. I would be interested to find out if there is a group of drivers (package, that is) with this plan working. Feeders seems to be more together in their thinking, where package drivers are more into day-to-day survival at UPS. (I can't even imagine what it would be like to sit down for eight hours and get paid! I know, I know, it is a dangerous job with all the driving and changing trailers and all. Don't be haters now!) Who is the person that has to go around collecting the $5 from the participating drivers think? This plan is genius and a great end run around traditional plans!

I was going to mention early on that I know feeders has this plan here and there shouldn't be any reason that it wouldn't
work in a package center.

This is how we handle it here. The feeder guy, let's call him Joe, who organizes this plan for his six months posts the info all over the locker room and on his locker when someone in the plan is out hurt/sick. Everybody puts $ an envelope with his name on it and puts it in Joe's locker. Joe takes the money home that weekend where he updates a list with who paid what, who dropped out of the plan and who's delinquent in paying. Always a few of those. If a member falls two weeks behind, he's not dropped from the plan but he receives nothing if he goes out hurt/sick.
When I took care of the plan there were guys with more money than sense-some of them would contribute $40, $60, and by paying so much at once, they didn't have to
worry about the every week deal.

Is the 300 a week reported to the IRS by said driver:lol: :lol: :lol:

Browniehound,
You know, you can "gift" someone up to $11,000 a year without Uncle Sam getting involved. Just watch. I'll send you a check for $11,000 and I'll just bet nobody will come pounding on your door...:laugh:

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
... But, in almost all cases of ones dropping out, for whatever reason, they, themselves had an almost immediate need for the plan. Too bad.

One had emergency appendectomy. 5 kids, no additional insurance, long time off. He said it was the worst decision he made in his life.

One dropped out and the next wk fell out of a tree. Off long time.

One dropped out because of not getting along w/another that we were collecting for. He's been out for two yrs now because of eye probs, with huge mortgage, divorce, etc, etc..

ONe dropped out for same reason. Broke his hand on weed eater. Out for seven wks.
It's like a chain letter!

25yrvet

Hey Sammie,
Ask your hubby if 'Cuda' & 'Frenchy' are still runnin' feeders outta Denver. It's been over a decade since I've seen 'em so they might be retired. I useta have some good midnite laughs with those denver feeder drivers.

Sammie

Hey Sammie,
Ask your hubby if 'Cuda' & 'Frenchy' are still runnin' feeders outta Denver. It's been over a decade since I've seen 'em so they might be retired. I useta have some good midnite laughs with those denver feeder drivers.

And you are????...???...

Yeah, Frenchy's still around, the old guy here sees him from time to time. Fairly new guy but very nice, with a little over ten years seniority.

Cuda retired earlier this year, one heck of a nice guy also. Speaking of Cuda, don't know if you're aware that he's into the vintage cars and has built some absolute beauties. Raceanoncr and some of the others would croke if they could take a gander at his work. :thumbup1:

raceanoncr

And you are????...???...

Yeah, Frenchy's still around, the old guy here sees him from time to time. Fairly new guy but very nice, with a little over ten years seniority.

Cuda retired earlier this year, one heck of a nice guy also. Speaking of Cuda, don't know if you're aware that he's into the vintage cars and has built some absolute beauties. Raceanoncr and some of the others would croke if they could take a gander at his work. :thumbup1:

Sammie, I croak when I look at MY work! :sad:

Sammie

Sammie, I croak when I look at MY work! :sad:

Race,

The guy I'm referring to is a real genius. In my opinion. His one love in this world is customizing and restoring cars - and he loves the oldies too, the Model T's, the Dodge coupes and pick ups from the 1930's... He enters them in car shows. One time he built a gorgeous T bucket and his son, who asked to borrow it, took it out and wrecked it. That child would be buried in my back yard.

He occasionally drove a gorgeous, two toned cream and light peach colored 1936 Ford pick up to work and I never wanted to steal anything so badly before in my life until I saw that.

Hats off to all CAR GUYS!!!