The Time Is Right For A National Sick Day

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by MrFedEx, Nov 30, 2014.

1. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

We need to send a message that is loud and clear...have some respect for your employees or suffer the consequences. I'm tired of 15% differentials, $20 per hour temps, and all of the regular/normal abuse we take daily.

We have no union, and few prospects for anything on the horizon, so we need to take action.

I propose a National Sick Day (NSD) right at the worst time during Peak in order to do maximum harm to both the operation and our beloved management. Tuesday, December 23rd sounds perfect to me.

If even 20% of us participate, the impact will be profound. Its already going to be a hot mess, and a sickout will ensure maximum non-delivery and even more late packages. I especially encourage RTDs to do it, because 5 positions of late/no freight has much more impact than a single courier.

These bastards deserve it, and they will continue to abuse us as long as we take it without a peep.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

I normally disagree with EVERYTHING you post, and I don't know if this is a good idea or not. But it's long overdue for the employees of FedEx to do something, any thing to fight back against abusive and stingy management.
    You could even call it Ebenezer Scrooge day, just to let them know what you think of their management tactics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. right, mrfedex will still be at work that day i can bet my savings on that!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

May or may not be that exact day. Just depends on when that nasty purple flu starts becomes an epidemic.

5. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Are you saying, all talk, no guts?
    On this 1 issue, I hope you are wrong. I feel bad for the FedEx guys on my route making lousy pay and almost no benefits.

6. MechLift

MechLift Member

UPS has been staffing up to avoid a repeat of last year and could probably absorb a good part of the inconvenience a peak strike would create.

7. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Same cannot be said for us. UPS is more than likely going out next peak, on strike up here. If that happens, it is going to be an absolute disaster.

8. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

Mr. FedEx, how will losing your job when you call out on Dec. 23rd further your organizing ambitions?

9. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

He won't lose his job.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

How many of you are willing to risk yours following an Internet Norma Rae?

11. Cactus

Very good incentive to find another job before then.

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Stop the childish antics and either get organized or zip it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

With Walmart, Black Friday seems like a better day to stage a protest. Dec 23 is when all the stations will have a bunch of extra drivers that just got a month of on the job training that are about to lose their jobs. Bad timing to put your job on the line.

14. Cactus

Or what? Are you gonna get real mad or something?

15. Indecisi0n

If you could see how hard I'm pounding these keys on my keyboard right now you would be like so super duper scared.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Cactus

Wow, I'd better move to a foreign country fast.

17. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I hope and prey you boys organize and go union. You guys deserve it dude. That's the only way things will improve for you guys. I think it can be done but it has to start somewhere with your coworkers.

18. Indecisi0n

Ibrokemyspacebarkey.

19. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

If you're smart!

20. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

imagesI07BES8H.jpg lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List