THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

Brown Down

Baloney. Harvard has the world's largest endowment. About $60 billion if I remember right. Costs about $90k a year to attend. Professors make hundreds of thousands a year. The cost of a university education nationwide has far exceeded inflation in annual increases for decades. Student loans are part of it as the government backs ridiculous amounts so the schools kept jacking up the cost.
My wife is actually going back to school and the cost of tuition where we both went 20 plus years ago cost almost the sameas it did for both of us combined back then. Pure craziness.

rickyb

Baloney. Harvard has the world's largest endowment. About $60 billion if I remember right. Costs about $90k a year to attend. Professors make hundreds of thousands a year. The cost of a university education nationwide has far exceeded inflation in annual increases for decades. Student loans are part of it as the government backs ridiculous amounts so the schools kept jacking up the cost.
yea its inflation thanks for agreeing.

i agree loans are part of it.

rickyb

The government has produced some great inventions but it's the private sector that took those inventions and perfected them. Left up to the government you'd still be looking at a huge desktop computer that's slow.
the govt invests for decades and then gives the tech away for free. we should be coowners in the tech.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
IMG_1639.jpeg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
military doesnt count and btw that agreement with the military is probably one of the reasons they dont want to make college affordable
Get real. Government involvement is the reason for exorbitant tuition prices.

rickyb

Get real. Government involvement is the reason for exorbitant tuition prices.
no its because they cut funding.

why do you think serving in the war machine for 5 years gets you free education after? you think private market is giving free college after 5 years? its govt.

no regulation on tuition limits either.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Question…How come people that went to Trade Schools do not need someone to bail them out?
Answer… Because they was taught something of value that was useful in making money.

oldngray

nowhere special
Question…How come people that went to Trade Schools do not need someone to bail them out?
Answer… Because they was taught something of value that was useful in making money.
Are you saying they won't get a job to pay back that 200k loan for the gender studies degree?

Would you like fries with that?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
My middle son was in the Air Force for 8 years Then used the gi bill to get a degree from Penn State cost the US government about 200k
Seems like a fair trade to me

View attachment 482912
Orange Jesus #1 boot licker
If he doesent get picked for VP he’s gonna turn into Donnie’s worst hater
Sad, can't even talk about his son's achievements with an immediate TDS follow-up...