The truth about ups

Catatonic

Nine Lives
chewonthis,

Before I would be willing to be involved in anything like this, I would need to know the following:

1. What are some of the specific issues you have attempted to address with the company or the union?

2. What steps have you taken to resolve them?

Please include who you communicated with and how you communicated your concerns. (no names please! only job title!)

3. What was the company or union response to your concern and how was it communicated?

Sincerely,
I

I don't think she has done any of these things.

Another example of someone who comes on here with an over-valued sense of what she thinks are issues and then self-righteously starts to declare how things should be and what others should do to fix.
I'm sure you have seen the type.

packageguy

THis is why every driver, inside worker, should follow the methods to a T, the technology to a T, and put the ball in their court.

When they see that everything is done THEIR way with no exceptions, money will be lost and the system will collapse - forcing Scott Davis to actually take notice of such things.

Sleeve-Meet- Heart, I CAN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE,

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
ups bad load.jpg
ups bad load.jpg

ymelord

You don’t have to use the media to tell our customers how UPS has changed, they are telling us, my pickup volume is down about 500 pieces a day. How long before UPS pays attention?

chewonthis

chewonthis,

Before I would be willing to be involved in anything like this, I would need to know the following:

1. What are some of the specific issues you have attempted to address with the company or the union?
The company will not listen,the union is useless

2. What steps have you taken to resolve them?
There is only one thing left to do.

Please include who you communicated with and how you communicated your concerns. (no names please! only job title!)

3. What was the company or union response to your concern and how was it communicated?
Check your first 5 stops and go.
Sincerely,
I
Maybe I CAN fight city hall,

dqs95124

not in a good like for us.. No offense there are no fat drivers in our center..And must be nice to have that kind of restroom. in NorCal they suck.. Old building. He made us look fat and lazy. Which we are not..

not in a good like for us.. No offense there are no fat drivers in our center..And must be nice to have that kind of restroom. in NorCal they suck.. Old building. He made us look fat and lazy. Which we are not..

Is the reason there are no fat drivers because the cost of living is so high in California and 30buck just
Ain't gonna cover it??

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What I have a problem with accepting is:

if you ignore the methods or "edd" or "orion" and make a decision on your own , because you think it benefits the company and your job, and it backfires, you get reamed and possibly disciplined/terminated for not following instructions.

Yet in the same breathe if you make a decision on your own to benefit the company and it works, it goes unnoticed. Not recognized, at all.

How can you possibly feel good about that as an employee, and why wouldn't someone just mail it in and just do everything 100% by the methods and spare themselves any responsibility whatsoever?

menotyou

bella amicizia
menotyou,

None taken.

Redunant?

I have never dialogued with chewonthis before.

The topic of his or her thread is "The truth about ups".

He or she made a valid suggestion as to a course of action.

He or she mentioned Integrity in the post.

I responded to his or her suggestions as to what I would need from him or her before I would even consider being involved.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity,

The redundancy comes from the fact the IBT organized a protest about the production issues which directly affects customer relations. Logic would dictate that their must have been a pretty good reason for this. Many here have complained about this situation and you have had several interactions in these conversations.

Sincerely,

M

Re-Raise

What I have a problem with accepting is:

if you ignore the methods or "edd" or "orion" and make a decision on your own , because you think it benefits the company and your job, and it backfires, you get reamed and possibly disciplined/terminated for not following instructions.

Yet in the same breathe if you make a decision on your own to benefit the company and it works, it goes unnoticed. Not recognized, at all.

How can you possibly feel good about that as an employee, and why wouldn't someone just mail it in and just do everything 100% by the methods and spare themselves any responsibility whatsoever?

I understand your point and it is a valid one. It is just not in my nature to mail it in.

In the end I don't have to stay at UPS but I do have to live with myself.

evilleace

Integrity,

Considering a nationwide protest was just conducted under the watchful eyes of the union, I would say Unfair Production Standards has been a topic of conversation with management for years.

Sincerely,

M

Yeah some protest. Management in my building already knows everyone disagrees with the numbers, and that they are expecting to much out of everyone. But they are just glorified baby sitters doing what they are told or they won't have a job tommorow. It is going to take a hell of a lot more than stickers to get our point across.

Leftinbuilding

I see major backlash here. No sure how much sympathy you will get when people learn you make $30.00 an hour. And that you make $45.00 an hour on the overtime you are crying about. In this economy? Bad move.

A

anonymous6

i dont think even perfection in all those areas would change the mentality of the ceo and {upper level }staff. many years ago an old timer long since retired said to me"ups could go broke and the big shots would still be looking at the reports saying,i dont know what happened,the numbers look so good"?imho all managment at all levels should come from within with at least 5 years driving.

we all get those letters every year inviting us to switch to management. hardly anyone is dumb enough to do it.