Then and now

DS

Fenderbender
ford_model_t_henry.jpg

What if we could bring Henry Ford back for a day to take this for a spin?

Technology has changed so many things.Can you think of anyone else you'd like to bring back>Alexander Graham Bell? Orville and Wilbur Wright?Jim Casey?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Untitled-186.jpgI would bring back Susan for one day.
She would learn that little sister's do make a difference and that her lil'sister has made a huge dent in Breast Cancer.

Susan Goodman Komen was born October 31, 1943 in Peoria, Illinois, and was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 33 and died three years later, in 1980.[9] Komen's younger sister, Nancy Goodman Brinker, who felt that Susan's outcome might have been better if patients knew more about cancer and its treatment, and remembering a promise to her sister that she would find a way to speed up breast cancer research,[9] founded the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation in Komen's memory in 1982.
In 2007, the 25th anniversary of the organization, it changed its name to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, created a new logo, and adopted the explicit mission "to end breast cancer forever".
Untitled-186.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
I'd bring back pre-Parkinson's Ronald Reagan to hear his thoughts on present-day Reagan Revolution. And that's not meant to be provocative, simply an interest of mine since I think he was far more complex than people give him credit for.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Edison so that he could see our technological advances.

Curie so that she could see our medical advances.

Ray Bradbury so that he could see just how intuitive he was with 1984.

Muhammad Ali vs Mike Tyson when both were in their prime.

Babe Ruth hitting against Steven Strasburg.

On a somber note, any of the Founding Fathers so that they could tearfully see just how far away we have strayed from the principles upon which this nation was founded.

bbsam

Staff member
He is a she and she is still very much alive and living quite well in England (I think).
You think wrongly. She is J.K. Rowling author of the Harry Potter series and former down and out welfare recipient. He was an Oxford professor and veteran of the Great War (WW I)

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I'd bring back pre-Parkinson's Ronald Reagan to hear his thoughts on present-day Reagan Revolution. And that's not meant to be provocative, simply an interest of mine since I think he was far more complex than people give him credit for.

I agree and as a footnote, I love Ronnie, he was my President.
I have read his letters.
I think Ronnie did a great job of using acting like a "dumb blonde".
(I am a blonde; I can use that term. I am guikty as charged.)

With respect, bbsam, Alzheimer's ripped away the person we knew as Former President Reagan and left a shell to pass at 93 years old.

Pre-Alzheimer Reagan not Pre-Parkinson's Reagan.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree and as a footnote, I love Ronnie, he was my President.
I have read his letters.
I think Ronnie did a great job of using acting like a "dumb blonde".
(I am a blonde; I can use that term. I am guikty as charged.)

With respect, bbsam, Alzheimer's ripped away the person we knew as Former President Reagan and left a shell to pass at 93 years old.

Pre-Alzheimer Reagan not Pre-Parkinson's Reagan.

Sorry about that. I should have been more up on that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Monday morning will be blueberry pancakes at our house. Bought the blueberries this morning.....got blackberries for snacking too!

DS

Fenderbender
The Wright brothers so they could watch an friend-22 do some crazy crap.
You got the idea !! Imagine the radio comments for this photo....Maverick to goose...did you just see what I saw?Goose...Roger Maverick...was that the red baron?
Red baron.....WEGLAUFEN,WEGLAUFEN:biting: