Theres a new PC video game out! Really fun!

satellitedriver

You say where your from 90% are legal gun owners. Ok, what does that mean in numbers? Do you have ten friends and only one doesnt own a gun legally.Actually, all my friends own guns. Here's a different perspective. Where i am from, the majority of gun owners are illegal gun owners. There are various reasons. Some go to other states to stockpile there arsenals and bring them back to california. Some are convicted felons (drunk driving ,drug possessions) and these people dont give up there guns. Others are gang members where entire blocks are armed to the teeth with illegal guns.Perfect reason for you to be able to own and carry a weapon. You make a great case for responsible to be able to protect themselves.
Do you feel comfortable being surrounded by felons and not have any defense against them?
Hell, illegals are bring weapons into your precious state via Mexico

This aint the backwoods of some hillibilly community.
Nor is it where I live, mainly just honest country living folks.
This is a concrete jungle.

What a joke.
I was raised in the concrete jungle. If you are ever in Houston, Tx, just try and drive around the "community" I was raised in.
South of OST and in between Cullen and Calhoun.
During my youth, Houston was the murder capital of the world.
There are too many guns on our streets and no way to remove them. You can deny that more people get killed in our country by handgun violence,Not denial, just your data is incorrect. but thats your problem. You say people kill people, yes thats right, but a gun makes it alot easier to accomplish.And, having a gun makes it a lot easier for me to be able to defend myself from a bad guy that has one.

The "gun" is the first thought that runs through the mind of any american getting ready to commit crime. They dont consider a spear, a bow and arrow, a slingshot, a bat or their fists. Its always the GUN. The biggest threat to americans. Americans will cower to the power of the gun. The gun is the ultimate symbol of american violence. It always has been.

While you may be an honest gun owner, that means nothing.It means I have the opportunity to shoot the bad guy before he shoots me. You may be in some mayberry RFD community where guns are responsibily owned, but that aint a major metropolis where guns are everywhere.
Everywhere in the metropolis, except in your hands to defend yourself and family.

peace.
Peace back atcha, but I believe in Peace through superior fire power.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
so tos, what's your plan ? To shoot everyone with a gun who has an illegal gun if you don't like that idea, I have another spread false tales about rival gangs that way they will kill off each other making life so much better for you.
Or you could organize with a local pastor and some moms who's kids have been killed by guns into some public protests with signs and parades.
Better yet have a few major fires and burn all the crack houses down.
Nothing cause some needed urban renewal like a few scorched earth blocks.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I dont believe there is a way to remove guns. Too many people have them. This country has become a society of killers. We kill more of our own citizens than any other country, yet, we applaud and welcome the gun.

This country wont give up its guns until it kills each other to a point where all the brave gun owners are dead or dying.

In the meantime, those afraid of the citizens of the USA live in fear, and force themselves to have a gun under the pilow to get a good nights rest. Thats the american way it seems.

Peace.

wkmac

I dont believe there is a way to remove guns. Too many people have them. This country has become a society of killers. We kill more of our own citizens than any other country, yet, we applaud and welcome the gun.

This country wont give up its guns until it kills each other to a point where all the brave gun owners are dead or dying.

In the meantime, those afraid of the citizens of the USA live in fear, and force themselves to have a gun under the pilow to get a good nights rest. Thats the american way it seems.

Peace.

If people all of a sudden became peaceful towards one another, then several questions arise as to how political and economic order of the state would be maintained.

1) If people no longer purchased civilian firearms, especially military style versions of, what would act as filler material on production lines between weapons runs for the state?

2) How would weapon makers continue increasing profit margins to make Wall Street happy?
(Did it ever ponder a thought that passenger trains were sidetracked by central planners so airlines could grow in order to keep military production lines open and operating at a profit?)

3) If people became peaceful, how would the prison industrial complex meet it's profit bottomline?

4) In a peaceful society, how could federal, state and local political powers justify a need to maintain on-duty officers for society compliance?

5) If people are peaceful, does it not stand to reason that not only will crimes like murder drop massively but so will assaults, robberies and other crimes against persons? Why the need then for so many cops? What happens to the surveil/security state?

6) Does it not stand to reason that other forms of security and protection in such a scenario would also suffer a loss of profit?

7) Where would criminal trial lawyers and large staff prosecutor offices obtain work and therefore justify their own economic viability?

8) Of what need would we have for so many judges and large footprint courthouses?

9) Architects, general contractors and construction workers, where would they obtain work in building the prison industrial infrastructure?

10) What about the large numbers of various private companies who act as suppliers and facilitators to the prison industrial complex, what of their economic bottom line?

11) Without a reason to fear, of what reason would the people need to look to the state in the first place?

Getting rid of guns seems a simple process to achieve a noble end but it would come at such a huge economic cost as well as large scale diminished political power. But in all of this IMO it all boils back down to the simple idea as expressed by Randolph Bourne.

War is the health of the State!

"the organizing principle of any society is for war,".......... "The authority of the state over its people resides in its war powers."

Mr. X in the film JFK played by Donald Sutherland and based on the real Colonel Fletcher Proudty

Follow the Money!