Thieves!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Back around November...my PT sup at the time came around with the 2015 United Way donation form. He said something to the effect of Oh do you wanna give the.same amount you gave last year? I said Yup....I do. Zero..just like I gave last year. So, he pointed out you can give a one time donation. So, I checked the One time donation box....wrote in 50 cents and signed the.form.

My 50 cents was deducted out of my check last week. I just looked at this week's paystub on upsers....they are apparently taking 50 cents a week from me! I KNOW I only signed up for a One time Donation.

Who do I speak to about this...my center manager?? I not only want this rectified....I want to see a copy of that United Way form that I signed....Someone's forging something around here. I'm calling my steward in the morning....I am fuming. Yes, I realize it's only 50 cents....but it's the principle. Don't mess with my money!

Last edited:
Back around November...my PT sup at the time came around with the 2015 United Way donation form. He said something to the effect of Oh do you wanna give the.same amount you gave last year? I said Yup....I do. Zero..just like I gave last year. So, he pointed out you can give a one time donation. So, I checked the One time donation box....wrote in 50 cents and signed the.form.

My 50 cents was deducted out of my check last week. I just looked at this week's paystub on upsers....they are apparently taking 50 cents a week from me! I KNOW I only signed up for a One time Donation.

Who do I speak to about this...my center manager?? I not only want this rectified....I want to see a copy of that United Way form that I signed....Someone's forging something around here. I'm calling my steward in the morning....I am fuming. Don't mess with my money!
Thats not right.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Next year they will get nothing from me. Was donating 7 a week to a private charity and was told 100% would go to the charity. Come to find out 35% was going to UW administration fees.
Not happy!

Returntosender

You can't stop the deductions. Years ago someone tried and United Way said no. You are obligated to what ever amount you authorized for the entire calendar.

rod

Retired 22 years
Salvation Army, VFW and American Legion are 3 organizations where you will get the most bang for your donation buck. United Way and Goodwill are two of the worse.

browner89

Are you positive its not just the way that the check was worded? Might only be coming out of this check but just poorly worded or has it been on both dated checks for the year to date?

clean hairy

You can't stop the deductions. Years ago someone tried and United Way said no. You are obligated to what ever amount you authorized for the entire calendar.
Not true.
They pulled the same thing on me one time, went to HR, and they put a stop to it.
From that point on, BEFORE I do anything with the donation form, we walk over to the copy machine, and I fill it out, making a copy right then and there which I keep in case of any monkey shines.
Bleedin, somebody will be canned by the time you are done with this, as it is an act of dishonesty to falsify records!