This place is a joke

vantexan

You know what the contract is with avg jobs, when you get your paycheck both sides are square. When you first hired in you knew that, you said you'd do anything and all of that. Weeks later, you know better, friend-what I said to get in, I'm in, now I want what I want! No you are square when you are paid, each time it is possibly the last one, the contract expires. You know how many people have changed jobs in their lives? You know how many have had it worse than you? Millions and Millions.

I see people getting jobs all the time in my area which isn't known to be economy proof. Good people, willing to find a job, will get one. Since a Fedex job now sucks it won't be hard finding a replacement. It's not like your leaving a 150K job trying to replace that.

Your hard work and dedication ultimately becomes something in your own mind, the paycheck is the contract and it can be expired any week.

This does not mean Fedex didn't do you wrong. But it is what it is, I see both sides, I'm just saying you don't really hold any cards and you are short changing yourself staying at a place you do not like.

You are saying that FedEx squares it with me every payday but now I think I deserve more than what I came into the company with. No, I came into a company that promised a decent pension and told me every year where I stood in getting that pension. They aren't even Steven on payday, they lied about their intent, using our productivity to get them where they want to be, with no intention of honoring their promises. You are saying we shouldn't fight it, shouldn't complain. I'm saying they need to be called out for being liars and cheats. You deal with the world your way, I'll deal with it mine. And you did say we should go into mgmt if we want better but a life of crime isn't my view of a better life.

vantexan

Pretty much. I perhaps I sound like a dick, but I assure you I personally would like to see you treated better, avg joe's be treated better for sure. But there is a point where you just need to do the thing that is right for you and leave Fred and Fedex out of your life's decisions. If I were going to a bar with a friend, night after night and I kept harping about my job, months in I'm sure at the most that friend would punch me in the face and say "Stop playing the gosh darn victim and find another job!", like he had done several times in in his life, benefiting from such moves himself.

If I went into a bar with you night after night I'd punch myself in the face. Here's the thing, FedEx would like nothing better than higher paid older employees to voluntarily leave. Not giving them the satisfaction. I will continue to work hard and fulfill my end of the bargain no matter what they do. It's how I look in the mirror every day. I didn't put in all these years to walk away in a bad economy. You take your chances all you want, I'm going down with the ship.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If I went into a bar with you night after night I'd punch myself in the face. Here's the thing, FedEx would like nothing better than higher paid older employees to voluntarily leave. Not giving them the satisfaction. I will continue to work hard and fulfill my end of the bargain no matter what they do. It's how I look in the mirror every day. I didn't put in all these years to walk away in a bad economy. You take your chances all you want, I'm going down with the ship.

I don't think TUT really "gets" FedEx. He thinks he does, but what he writes says otherwise. Now, he's getting his panties in a wad because we don't follow his "sage" advice. Leaving is a lot easier said than done, especially when you are older. And we all know there is no such thing as age discrimination. I think I'll leave when Fred does.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are saying that FedEx squares it with me every payday but now I think I deserve more than what I came into the company with. No, I came into a company that promised a decent pension and told me every year where I stood in getting that pension. They aren't even Steven on payday, they lied about their intent, using our productivity to get them where they want to be, with no intention of honoring their promises. You are saying we shouldn't fight it, shouldn't complain. I'm saying they need to be called out for being liars and cheats. You deal with the world your way, I'll deal with it mine. And you did say we should go into mgmt if we want better but a life of crime isn't my view of a better life.

I don't know if you recall this, but doing away with profit-sharing was supposed to be "temporary". Obviously, Fred decided that money was meant for him, not us. The excuse for ending the Traditional Pension Plan was ERISA, which makes no sense because the plan was already fully funded. Lies, lies, and more lies. I liken this to a 25-year baseball game, where Fred held-up his end of the deal for 4 innings. Then he bought the umpires, changed the rules of the game, and decided that all the profit should be his. No wonder we are a losing "team". Hey, it's never coming-back, and I totally get that. The only way to fight back is to get a union (improbable) or do everything possible to cost Fredward money. I'll do both because IamFedEx.

vantexan

I don't think TUT really "gets" FedEx. He thinks he does, but what he writes says otherwise. Now, he's getting his panties in a wad because we don't follow his "sage" advice. Leaving is a lot easier said than done, especially when you are older. And we all know there is no such thing as age discrimination. I think I'll leave when Fred does.

I don't know why he bothers. Got to love those willing to explain the way the world works to us naive simpletons.

vantexan

I don't know if you recall this, but doing away with profit-sharing was supposed to be "temporary". Obviously, Fred decided that money was meant for him, not us. The excuse for ending the Traditional Pension Plan was ERISA, which makes no sense because the plan was already fully funded. Lies, lies, and more lies. I liken this to a 25-year baseball game, where Fred held-up his end of the deal for 4 innings. Then he bought the umpires, changed the rules of the game, and decided that all the profit should be his. No wonder we are a losing "team". Hey, it's never coming-back, and I totally get that. The only way to fight back is to get a union (improbable) or do everything possible to cost Fredward money. I'll do both because IamFedEx.

What they really meant was giving us profit sharing was only meant to be temporary.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I don't know if you recall this, but doing away with profit-sharing was supposed to be "temporary". Obviously, Fred decided that money was meant for him, not us. The excuse for ending the Traditional Pension Plan was ERISA, which makes no sense because the plan was already fully funded. Lies, lies, and more lies. I liken this to a 25-year baseball game, where Fred held-up his end of the deal for 4 innings. Then he bought the umpires, changed the rules of the game, and decided that all the profit should be his. No wonder we are a losing "team".

Excellent scenario.

Goldilocks

It's bad, moral is the lowest I have ever seen. DRA is running everyone crazy, more pressure and no pay increase for the wage employees, but sure the upper management got their share from our hard work. How do they sleep at night. SFA low low low...Get it Memphis, most just dont care anymore, and good luck hiring employees that are faithful and will satisfy another customer, it wont happen.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

It's bad, moral is the lowest I have ever seen. DRA is running everyone crazy, more pressure and no pay increase for the wage employees, but sure the upper management got their share from our hard work. How do they sleep at night. SFA low low low...Get it Memphis, most just dont care anymore, and good luck hiring employees that are faithful and will satisfy another customer, it wont happen.

They sleep on Sleep Number beds with down pillows and silk sheets....and they do it soundly. You, me, any of us are the farthest thing from their minds. Usually they are thinking about a new set of golf clubs or what color Porsche they are trading in the 18 month old one for.