This takes the cake

HomeDelivery

Isn't 12:00PM noon, and 12:00AM midnight? Did the helper work through the night until noon the following day? Now that's a lengthy shift. HA!

yea, that's what i've skimmed over at the OP's statement... don't u guys use military time so there's no confusion about AM vs PM anyways???

DS

Fenderbender
Minor update.I found out this driver was way over dispatched on that day.
He usually does about 100 stops,this day he had well over 225.
I think he just had had enough.2 other drivers took 20 stops each,They had a helper meet him at 5:30 and he gave him 60 stops .I guess he didn't care at this point how they got done,as long as they got done.
He has called in sick the last 2 days and probably is just avoiding the inevitable.That's all I know.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Minor update.I found out this driver was way over dispatched on that day.
He usually does about 100 stops,this day he had well over 225.
I think he just had had enough.2 other drivers took 20 stops each,They had a helper meet him at 5:30 and he gave him 60 stops .I guess he didn't care at this point how they got done,as long as they got done.
He has called in sick the last 2 days and probably is just avoiding the inevitable.That's all I know.

Not such a minor update if you ask me.
You don't meet a helper and give him 60 stops?
How do you give a helper 60 stops and leave without being instructed to?
This had to be an ill advised management plan gone bad.
Why did the helper return to the center with the DIAD (and the missed packages) when he was done?
Sounds to me like this was the plan, minus the missed packages.

I

IslandGirl

If the driver is over dispatched..then who's head is on the block?..the on car supe?.

DS

Fenderbender
I don't think they intended the helper to be used this way.
They expected that he would work out of the drivers car,
while they worked on trying to find additional help.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't think they intended the helper to be used this way.
They expected that he would work out of the drivers car,
while they worked on trying to find additional help.

So it was all the drivers idea to give the helper 60 stops and the extra DIAD?
At 5:30pm, when he was 125% over dispatched?

robot

Has A Large Member
That driver is a :censored2:bag. You don't hose a helper like that. You hose the inept management and drag those packages back in and let them worry about it.

OptimusPrime

Maybe your system is different than ours, but the computers in the center update in semi real time to when deliveries are being made. Like when I need to meet a driver. The sup will say "well, we last see him at 124 Elm, his next three stops are X,Y, and Z, so you can meet him around there." The Sup looking for the board never checked the system and noticed it was still posting deliveries?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Not such a minor update if you ask me.
You don't meet a helper and give him 60 stops?
How do you give a helper 60 stops and leave without being instructed to?
This had to be an ill advised management plan gone bad.
Why did the helper return to the center with the DIAD (and the missed packages) when he was done?
Sounds to me like this was the plan, minus the missed packages.

if it was a managers plan the OMS would have known about it one way or the other, being the center of comms in-center, which she obviously didn't

this has stupid driver written all over it

fire the guy before he does something even more endangering to life and property

tourists24

if it was a managers plan the OMS would have known about it one way or the other, being the center of comms in-center, which she obviously didn't

fire the guy before he does something even more endangering to life and property
The driver's oncar should have known how blown out the driver was as well as OMS..... the driver did get help.... supposedly had more help on the way that never came. Sounds like mgt failed

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

You're kidding, right?
So it's your contention that the "right hand always knows what the left hand is doing"?
Where do you work upstate New York?

Where we agree is it was a ridiculous plan.
What neither of us know is whose plan it was.