Thousands “offboarded” from UPS today

PoirotAtUPS

Today marks a new phenomenon at UPS - more Partners left UPS than on any day before. ”heads out“ is the new monthly theme for UPS partners in 2024, And will replay each month heading into Peak.

What did you see today?

Lots of folks here have reported overzealous local management efforts at the Center level on this board, however, I wonder how long it will be before the impacts of these cuts will begin to approach a level when the average hourly UPSer becomes concerned.

Today marks a new phenomenon at UPS - more Partners left UPS than on any day before. ”heads out“ is the new monthly theme for UPS partners in 2024, And will replay each month heading into Peak.

What did you see today?

Lots of folks here have reported overzealous local management efforts at the Center level on this board, however, I wonder how long it will be before the impacts of these cuts will begin to approach a level when the average hourly UPSer becomes concerned.
We already have a lot of people that are not working right now

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
1703109886378972.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

What did you see today?

8QTCvfH8R3ML.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What did you see today?

Concerned not concerned nothing hourly’s can do about it. You and your “partners” had the keys and you :censored2:ed it up

anonymous23456

Don't worry about it. It will end eventually like Montgomery Ward, Kmart, Sears, Pan Am, TWA, Woolworth, RadioShack, Blockbuster, Tower Records, and so on.

Enjoy it while it lasts, you don't either.

PoirotAtUPS

Don't worry about it. It will end eventually like Montgomery Ward, Kmart, Sears, Pan Am, TWA, Woolworth, RadioShack, Blockbuster, Tower Records, and so on.

I fear you are right - remember Jim Casey was a visionary who invited the union in - so far Carol and Brian have managed fear mongering to pit management and workers against each others.

The reality is UPS needs to leverage its exceptional workforce AND have good management. So far they’ve distracted every one with infighting while they destroy the company and make off with millions.

JR Ewing

I fear you are right - remember Jim Casey was a visionary who invited the union in - so far Carol and Brian have managed fear mongering to pit management and workers against each others.

The reality is UPS needs to leverage its exceptional workforce AND have good management. So far they’ve distracted every one with infighting while they destroy the company and make off with millions.
They still get their bonuses

PoirotAtUPS

They still get their bonuses
Fair enough - to keep context, UPS management salaries are below market without MIP - despite sales getting 100% bonus for 2023 - operations management only received 50% for 2023.

Im sure someone will point out the lack of Teamster bonuses, however, remember that management no longer has the same benefits or a pension. The reality now is there is no reason to progress from driving to management - it’s now a cut in comp and no job security.

Thebrownblob

Fair enough - to keep context, UPS management salaries are below market without MIP - despite sales getting 100% bonus for 2023 - operations management only received 50% for 2023.

Im sure someone will point out the lack of Teamster bonuses, however, remember that management no longer has the same benefits or a pension. The reality now is there is no reason to progress from driving to management - it’s now a cut in comp and no job security.
Just now? That reality has been very real for almost a decade at least

textat3

Sad but true….and to think in another thread folks are talking about owning this stock….mentioning benefits like 5% discount….can‘t fix stupid.