to fire or not to fire, that is the question!

To fire or not to fire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
H

hseofpayne

Hypothetical situation: While the preload shift is running, a crushed box missing most of its contents somehow makes it from the sort aisle around to the car loaders belt. One of the PT sups, a young inexperienced fella, picks up the box and a can of silly string falls out. He proceeds to spray the string about the belt on the preloaders. All of the loaders on the belt partake in the criminal behavior. Please choose from the list below what you would believe to be the proper punishment

1. Take into consideration the youth and lack of experience of the PT supervisor and the lack of proper guidance given to the preloaders and let them off with a stern warning after reading them the riot act about theft.

2. Fire the PT supervisor for providing such a poor example for his preloaders.

3. Fire the PT supervisor, the preloaders, and the PT sups supervisor.

4. Off with all of their hands!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Fire the PT supervisor. Warning letters for the hourlies, since the PT sup started it all and is supposed to be setting the example.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I vote leniency,they are young and inexperienced.But if the sup screws up again then i vote off with his head.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

wording of the poll is clearly designed to recieve a lenient response.

Are you saying that the polling questions have been designed to give the result which the pollster is seeking? Perhaps he should be working at CNN rather than UPS.

As for the poll, I have had a chance to think about it and think that, at a minimum, the PT sup should be terminated and any other hourlies who participated should be given a one day suspension w/o pay. The suspension days would be staggered so as not to impact the operation.

H

hseofpayne

wording of the poll is clearly designed to recieve a lenient response.

Wording doesn't matter with the blood thirsty crowd on here! I have provided several bloody options, you are free to choose from the more brutal choices.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
During my many years of loading feeders I have seen many such acts as this one. It is all " part of the business " we are in . Keep your workers happy and there are less issues to deal with.
I really enjoyed the time we had all those replica handguns to practice our quick draws with.

looper804

During my many years of loading feeders I have seen many such acts as this one. It is all " part of the business " we are in . Keep your workers happy and there are less issues to deal with.
I really enjoyed the time we had all those replica handguns to practice our quick draws with.
I don't think I am in the same business as you.I just deliver and pick them up without taking anything that is inside of them.

H

hseofpayne

House - I'm serious now - This is like watching a car wreck in slow motion, your melting down. Go get some rest.

Funny thing about perception, we all see things differently. My vision is me having fun watching y'all show how high and mighty y'all think you are when I know you would want leniancy if you broke some other rule at UPS, say you forgot, just once, to put on your seatbelt. I know y'all say do the crime do the time, but I wonder if you would just leave w/o a fight if you got fired for your first rule infraction. Believe me, I am sitting here laughing my behind off at the executioners row!

H

hseofpayne

Quick Baba gounj, make a run for it, I will provide suppression fire! You gone wish you had a real gun before the purveyors of justice are through with you! :whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:

Forgetting to put a seatbelt on versus knowingly taking something out of a box and knowingly breaking a rule. The seatbelt can be put on minutes later when said person remembers, the silly string cannot be put back in the can and delivered. Anyways, I voted off with the hands. House keep trying to be funny, you're like Kathy Griffin.

Off to the movies.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I don't think I am in the same business as you.I just deliver and pick them up without taking anything that is inside of them.
We just played with them. Typical poor packing of materials, damn thing broke open, and several people were needed to repackage it.

Haven't you really wondered just whats inside ? Had a rolex watch guy who claimed to be sending out a lot of watches, when in fact he was shipping near empty boxes to collect the insurance. I also love the ones that smell of mustard, can't fool me...damn potheads.:wink2:

looper804

We just played with them. Typical poor packing of materials, damn thing broke open, and several people were needed to repackage it.

Haven't you really wondered just whats inside ? Had a rolex watch guy who claimed to be sending out a lot of watches, when in fact he was shipping near empty boxes to collect the insurance. I also love the ones that smell of mustard, can't fool me...damn potheads.:wink2:
No,I am doing this 22 years.My motto is "I don't wan't to know what is in it so don't tell me". I have been telling my customers that for ever.

H

hseofpayne

Forgetting to put a seatbelt on versus knowingly taking something out of a box and knowingly breaking a rule. The seatbelt can be put on minutes later when said person remembers, the silly string cannot be put back in the can and delivered. Anyways, I voted off with the hands. House keep trying to be funny, you're like Kathy Griffin.

Off to the movies.

"Really Bossman, IZ be inteended on puttin on dat belt, you aint gone fire me is you, I hads good intensions"
Who's Kathy Griffin?
Go see "jackass Movie" I hear its great!

looper804

Kathy Griffin is the red headed comedian that is on late night cable.Picks on all the celebrities.She is pretty funny so I guess you were getting a compliment.