Today is Founder's Day!!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by thecamel, Aug 28, 2015.

1. thecamel

thecamel Waiting to put the re in front of tired

Just sayin'. Maybe some other of you old timers can remember what this meant here at ups. We did have a cake today in commemoration. First founders day cake in a good while. Go figure. Didn't see another thread up today so I thought I would throw it out there. Says loads about "the legacy."
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

We were given cake and Powerade. We had a 39 year employee work his last day, "Hambone" gave a great speech and will be greatly missed.ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1440821318.799835.jpg
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Ecw21411

Ecw21411 Active Member

We had cake to today but nothing to drink lol
  4. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

We had cake, bananas, apples, and all the hydrating H20 we could stand.

We also had 5 employees recognized for 20-25 years of service. All of them got $100 worth of corporate catalog merchandise.

I got a 10 hour plan and finished in 8.5.

Cuz, I'm a badass.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Everyone got an extra 20 stops today.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Only the drivers had some food, snacks, bottled water - but no cake. The driver's PCM had founders day mentioned, but for the hub preload, there was not a whisper from management. Funny how disorganized and segregated each side of operations is.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. jaker

jaker trolling

Donuts, water and video every year it gets worse but that might just be my center
  8. SCV good to go sir.

SCV good to go sir. Active Member

Cake, fruits, powdered gatorade, water, bagels w/ cream cheese. I indulged myself. Then I remembered that some of the members here (and my center) are too high on their horses to eat the cake, so I had a second slice for all of you. The twilight is getting hot dogs. I don't know about the preload.
  9. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Definitely no food for anyone at my center.

Just a random mention in the PCM, before the WOW.

If you haven't experienced the WOW (useless stretching program involving a foot implement and a separate two-hands implement), I hope you never will.

I hoped WOW would blow over, but evidently UPS spent mad-money on this idiot program.

Which means they'll double-down at the first sign of failure...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

And I missed it to get an infected ingrown cut out of my big toe! Dammit.
  11. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Not a mention of it here.
  12. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

sheet cake.... yum... how about some breakfast?
  13. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

They handed out donuts at my hub and a manager pretended to have a (3 second) phone call in order to avoid talking to me.

There was a really nice, slick banner they probably spent $200 on. I reflected on that while I thought about how they've shifted volume to :censored2: me out of overtime when I was living high on the hog on a 27 hour a week :censored2:ing pay check.

14. speedbug577

speedbug577 Member

Damn you dropped the ball then. Don't you run the place? Oh that's right you just get on here and act like you run it. In reality just like I said in another post you have no power. Just another punk A** PART TIME SUPERVISOR.
    • Derail x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  15. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

scary company "run" by sick people

nothing surprises me anymore
  16. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Left over pizza and a thimble....
  17. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Greedy bastard...LOL
  18. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

bull or horse loads?
  19. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Damn Gina! Who pooped in your Wheaties?
  20. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

We had a cake and recognized some years of service awards. Done the way it should be, not overkilled by having an open house for families to come by and look at all the shiny trucks. And ride the crash simulator machine to see how necessary seat belts are a five mph. Used to do all that back in the '80s.
    Now they just need to learn that if you're going to have cake do it right. Buttercream frosting please! Whipped cream frosting is pointless!