Todays the Day.

R1wonder

35 .. HAaaaa . These ppl stay part time for a reason . Part time isn’t a “liveable wage” part time , is part time . You want a liveable wage you go full time , or you work 2 part time jobs like we all did at one point trying to make a living

Thebrownblob

35 .. HAaaaa . These ppl stay part time for a reason . Part time isn’t a “liveable wage” part time , is part time . You want a liveable wage you go full time , or you work 2 part time jobs like we all did at one point trying to make a living
Oh my God you’re so mean, and, correct.

R1wonder

Oh my God you’re so mean, and, correct.
Right , I’m all for a fair starting pay rate , I’m also 100 percent supporting catch up raise for the part timers who have some time in when the starting pay increases . But I want these ppl to tell me where in American you can get a part time job and expect to live on it . So you either chose to work part time , make some money and reap the benefits of health care and pension. Or the fight should be on creating ft job . Don’t act like you’re gonna make so much an hour you can live on a 25 hour week .

🤡

Thebrownblob

So the company can spend stupid money on these Pal labels with electronic thing in them but have no more money for us
Well, they have to do that because they don’t want to pay people better and make the job worth keeping. It’s really difficult to discipline employees who don’t give a crap about getting fired because they can go work at target for the same amount in the air condition.

Thebrownblob

I’m seriously thinking he is going to be the last red circled “PT”employee standing in the whole company eventually. He has a literal death drip on that job and is not going to let go come hell or high water.
Believe it or not, we still have about 12 in my local.

johnbuck

There was supposed to be a "go or no go" to book travel for mgmt today. It has been postponed till tommorow. I guess thats a good sign that neither side has left the table yet

There was supposed to be a "go or no go" to book travel for mgmt today. It has been postponed till tommorow. I guess thats a good sign that neither side has left the table yet
It’s in the interest of all parties to get this agreement.

If I had to bet, I'd say the company didn't take SOB at face value and were honestly surprised by the way this has gone. I'd say the company found a way to concede and are just trying to squeeze anything out of the demands they can. They are willing to take the loss this time, with the plan to take us head on in 2028.

Start saving now.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
IMG_2309.png

CEO, Carol Tomé, and IBT President, Sean O’Brien at the 2023 contract negotiations with less than a week before contract expires.

Appvol

Well, they have to do that because they don’t want to pay people better and make the job worth keeping. It’s really difficult to discipline employees who don’t give a crap about getting fired because they can go work at target for the same amount in the air condition.
Was told a box of 15,000 of these new Pal labels cost $15,000

Its_a_me

Was told a box of 15,000 of these new Pal labels cost $15,000
BS

A passive 96-bit EPC inlay (chip and antenna mounted on a substrate) costs from 7 to 15 U.S. cents. If the tag is embedded in a thermal transfer label on which companies can print a bar code, the price rises to 15 cents and up. Low- and high-frequency tags tend to cost a little more.

If they are paying .50 a tag they are getting ripped off.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
BS

If they are paying .50 a tag they are getting ripped off.

Then no one scans the loads because they are too busy doing union work.