Told by safety lady to pick a "snake" up off the floor and throw it out

Refused to do so. Said thats not my job. Maybe you can do it. Said she will have me disciplined for not following directions tommorow (this was ar the end of shift). And the snake is what I think she called it. Those white straps that go around the packages. Seen them on the bowflexes.

PT Car Washer

Refused to do so. Said thats not my job. Maybe you can do it. Said she will have me disciplined for not following directions tommorow (this was ar the end of shift). And the snake is what I think she called it. Those white straps that go around the packages. Seen them on the bowflexes.
Was that too difficult to do? Actually sup should have picked it up since sups are in charge of safety. Try and pick your battles since you can't win them all.

Was that too difficult to do? Actually sup should have picked it up since sups are in charge of safety. Try and pick your battles since you can't win them all.
Of course it wasnt difficult. She said it as i was walking away from it while she was standing right next to it. She shouldve done it. But shes too good for it?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Tripping hazard

542thruNthru

Did she call it a snake?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What can they do to you? Nothing that’s what. Blah blah blah, thats all. Unless they make an example of you, wrap you in snakes and parade you through the bldg. He refused to touch the snake!

PT Car Washer

I think so lol. Thats what i heard. Is that what theyre actually called?
We call them Hub snakes. A real tripping hazard. She should have picked it up. Sounds more like a power thing to me. Unfortunately you may lose for being insubordinate. Depends on how well staffed your building is and if the sup has any influence on higher management.

542thruNthru

I'll tell you right now if the safety supervisor wrote me up for not picking up a box strap. That sup would have four or five safety grievances on his desk the same day and I would be calling OSHA.