Told by safety lady to pick a "snake" up off the floor and throw it out

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Breaking or otherwise disposing of hub snakes is in their own official training and methods documents.
I'm sure we are all aware that nobody ever gets through training correctly but what was your immediate safety concern picking up a hub snake? none? then why argue?
They may be venomous?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They may be venomous?

giphy.gif

Cowboy Mac

Picking up straps off the floor is the easiest money you’re gonna make all day. And you’re creating a safer work environment. You should be looking for those opportunities.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
So many possible excuses you could have given. You can’t just say “no,” bra. You have to beat them at their own game. Gotta learn to play it. Not saying it’s necessarily gonna be a huge deal for you but it potentially could have been a big headache for your stew. “Work as directed” is a big thing here, you gotta tread that line carefully

freehoodies

Pretty sure contract says no driver is to do janitorial work.

Also it says management will treat drivers with respect and dignity.

J.D. Hogg

You shouldn't have to be told to do the right thing.
Clean up around you & take pride in your job.

Leaving a place better than you found it -- without being told to -- reveals your true character.

meritocracy

The "safety lady" is still a supervisor as far as I know. Supervisors direct your work. Picking up one of those straps isn't unsafe so you need to do it when told to. Even if it's annoying. CYA and WAD. Cover your ass and work as directed.