Total knee replacement

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by mreed171, Nov 9, 2014.

1. mreed171

mreed171 Member

Any drivers out there have any problems coming back after a knee replacement??

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I use knee pads.

Had driver come back after knee surgery. No issues.

3. Loo for joboodog. He went through it this year. He posts on here almost daily.

4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Talk to brownbomber or Joeboodog.

5. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

No kneed for tasteless jokes

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

I had mine done a couple of years ago. No problems....use the handrail every time

7. HubBub

HubBub Active Member

I parkour roll out the truck. Distributes the impact throughout my whole body instead of just my knees. I may need a shoulder/neck replacement some day, but I plan on keeping my knees nice and supple. FYI.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

That's gotta' ouch like hell?

9. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Only guy I know that had both knees done retired shortly thereafter.
    I changed to a rural route 8 years ago because I got told I'd need my right knee rebuilt if I didn't make changes.
    25 years of metro routes did its damage. Glad UPS demands we use handrails and walk these days. Needed to do that years ago.

10. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I have mostly good days but some days are kind off rough. For the most part, my knees get better almost every day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

imagesSGZS390B.jpg Always put a smile on my face with them lil comebacks, funny shiznitt Inde lol.

12. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

I never returned after my knee replacement and revision surgeries. I was advised by my Doctor to find a different line of work. I eventually retired

13. brostalss

brostalss Active Member

Ask your Orthopedic Doctor about Synvisc-One injections for the knees. Insurance covers if you have arthritis of the knees.

Most of us Drivers who experience a burning or tightness in the knees is is a condition call Chondromilatia.

Sunvisc does relieve the pain from Chondromilatia but insurance will not approve coverage.

The real bad news is Synvisc is about $600 a knee.

14. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I ran a thread in another area of this site that documented my experiences with my second knee replacement. You might find it interesting. Everyone's experiences with knee replacement will be different but for me it was a quality of life saver. I walk more driveways and my numbers are such that I tend to be off the radar.

15. mreed171

mreed171 Member

I am having synvisc done on the 20th for the right knee then on December 2nd left knee surgery for torn lateral and menial meniscus tears. Why rehabbing the left knee I can see if the synvisc works for the right knee.

16. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Wishing you all the best!

17. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I usually do 1 cortisone shot a year in the 1 knee I had meniscus surgery on. Usually only get it when I have a thin layer of fluid on my knee. Youll be able to tell when its time for the cortisone shot cause youll have that pain shooting right on your knee cap. Definitely not recommended to do too many shots in 1 year is what the doctors say anyway. Just maintenance to get me to retirement in 12.5 years. Eventually I know im a need it replaced after years of this job, baseball, softball, football, lacrosse, and tennis. Go hard or go home lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. platinum9898

platinum9898 Active Member

Guys I've been having these symptoms for years now and I'm 26...can't imagine 30+ years from now...

19. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I have excruciating pain, every since I got put back in a manual vehicle where you had to push the clutch to China. I have mine back now, been 3 Months and I still walk like an old person. It isnt actually my knee, it is behind my knee. I am not a person who rushes to a doctor, to me it seems to be a varicose vein, is that possible? Once I am moving I am fine. All my injuries were at work. I was a high jumper in HS but thats it, and when it was too high, ....I bailed.

20. brown bomber

brown bomber brown bomber

I was diagnosed w/ a Bakers Cyst behind my left knee years before the knee replacement, the knee felt stiff all the time and had swelling behind the knee, unfortunately it's something you'll have to deal with,..if you drain the cyst it just refills and returns,..hopefully your situation is repairable

i was diagnosed