barnyard

KTM rider
I inquired like that and got rudely shut down the hr lady was rude. She just said there’s a lot of people trying to transfer here n u have to wait and then walked away

She answered your question.

You are trying to move into a hub where there is already a long list of people that want to move. Either accept that it is going to be a long wait or move closer to where you work now.

Rocket science, this is not.

EJJ

UPS Package Car Driver
I inquired like that and got rudely shut down the hr lady was rude. She just said there’s a lot of people trying to transfer here n u have to wait and then walked away

She answered your question.

You are trying to move into a hub where there is already a long list of people that want to move. Either accept that it is going to be a long wait or move closer to where you work now.

Rocket science, this is not.

I totally understand that. My question was another alternative solution as far as a educational transfer or some kind of hardship etc

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In my local, we can only move within our local.

Good news is, you don't have much senority to lose.

trickpony1

What does BOG mean?

The "bubble of goodness" is an imaginary place in space and time. It is thought to be an extended center located in upper NY state.

It is said there are unicorns, many rainbows and angels singing as they throw rose petals.

It is reported that all drivers are off work by 5:30 pm, hourly and management hold hands and sing kumbaya each morning and there are never any labor disputes.

It is thought that a BrownCafe member, UpstateNYUPSer, reigns supreme and is omnipotent.

twilight zone theme song - Bing video

BrownThunder

When I left California, I had to give everything up. The only thing I was able to keep was my company time (counted towards my retirement) my stock/401k accounts and my employee ID.

Commute time is not a hardship. Think long and hard before deciding to leave what you have. By the grace of God I am back in Browns after a few months working nights doing preload. It's not easy to go from driving every day to being back in the warehouse.

They made me retest and everything as if I had zero experience. Luckily for me I had people in HR who knew of me before I resigned in California and had a center manager who took me under his wing and thought preload was no place for an experienced driver who left only to seek a better life for his family.

BrownThunder

They told me in CaliforniabI would not be permitted to leave the region with my driver status. If where you want to go is still within the boundary of your region you might have a chance. I moved halfway across the country.

MAKAVELI

When I left California, I had to give everything up. The only thing I was able to keep was my company time (counted towards my retirement) my stock/401k accounts and my employee ID.

Commute time is not a hardship. Think long and hard before deciding to leave what you have. By the grace of God I am back in Browns after a few months working nights doing preload. It's not easy to go from driving every day to being back in the warehouse.

They made me retest and everything as if I had zero experience. Luckily for me I had people in HR who knew of me before I resigned in California and had a center manager who took me under his wing and thought preload was no place for an experienced driver who left only to seek a better life for his family.
Glad to see you make it back to driving bro. Sounds like you had to put everything on the line to make that move . Mad props and a well deserved full time position.

Box Ox

g1377083943860215164.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The "bubble of goodness" is an imaginary place in space and time. It is thought to be an extended center located in upper NY state.

It is said there are unicorns, many rainbows and angels singing as they throw rose petals.

It is reported that all drivers are off work by 5:30 pm, hourly and management hold hands and sing kumbaya each morning and there are never any labor disputes.

It is thought that a BrownCafe member, UpstateNYUPSer, reigns supreme and is omnipotent.

twilight zone theme song - Bing video

You stole most of that from me.:)