Catatonic

Nine Lives
Get used to it.
After investigating (Oxford Dictionary), either is acceptable.
I do agree that when we were taught grammar, 'used' would be the correct usage if used in past tense.
'Use to' is perhaps better for present and future tense.
My usage was future tense.
'Used' is pronounce as ust when used as an adjective.

After 10 minutes and referencing 6 different search results, I am still unsure.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I don't know about "stole".
I thought this was a public forum.
Let me check my list of "things I can steal from people" and see if it's on there. LOL.

It's all good.

I used to post how unicorns and bluebirds would go out and spread fairy dust and rose petals ahead of the package cars in the BOG.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We had a local sorter use an educational transfer. But he also checked with the other center before moving. It's possible, but if I were you, I'd just move out of California all together before the whole thing burns, either literally or figuratively.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

We had a local sorter use an educational transfer. But he also checked with the other center before moving. It's possible, but if I were you, I'd just move out of California all together before the whole thing burns, either literally or figuratively.
Californians have the innate ability to rebuild, both literally and figuratively.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Californians have the innate ability to rebuild, both literally and figuratively.

What choice do you have, when so many of your population centers are built on or near fault lines? Relax, I can assure you, I have no wish to see any more Californians leave California. Just a little light-hearted ribbing, with all due respect and condolences to those affected by the literal fires.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
you can also check your contract language my locals is one of the few that if you have a year in you can transfer in state.... had my mgr call hr had the paperwork following week and was transferred within the month

MAKAVELI

What choice do you have, when so many of your population centers are built on or near fault lines? Relax, I can assure you, I have no wish to see any more Californians leave California. Just a little light-hearted ribbing, with all due respect and condolences to those affected by the literal fires.
Did you give the same light hearted ribbing to the people of Texas and Florida after the hurricanes?

MAKAVELI

It's all right if you are one of the many haters of California. We can take it and continue to love this place we call home.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Did you give the same light hearted ribbing to the people of Texas and Florida after the hurricanes?
Just the ones who are surprised by hurricanes in areas that are historically prone to hurricanes. I'm glad you love it in California. The rest of the country is terrible, you should stay there.

MAKAVELI

Just the ones who are surprised by hurricanes in areas that are historically prone to hurricanes. I'm glad you love it in California. The rest of the country is terrible, you should stay there.
I'll gladly stay in the Golden State. You can keep the hurricanes, tornados, snow storms, ice storms , and humidity.:happy2:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Wait till the smoke clears from peak and then inquire again.
Peak or not, it shouldn't matter. When I applied for mine, I put in my transfer paperwork the beginning of November...the new building called me the day before Christmas Eve and asked what shift I wanted to work and how soon could I start?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Quit and get rehired at the new location.
I transferred without this happening.

Although our idiot HR lady ran into me my last day at my previous location.

HR: when do you start at your new center

Me: Monday

HR: oh so I need to terminate you today.

Me: no do not terminate me. This is not a quit and get rehired thing.

HR: oh I'll have to look into that then.

SMH

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I transferred without this happening.

Although our idiot HR lady ran into me my last day at my previous location.

HR: when do you start at your new center

Me: Monday

HR: oh so I need to terminate you today.

Me: no do not terminate me. This is not a quit and get rehired thing.

HR: oh I'll have to look into that then.

SMH
Same thing happened to me when I transferred. Someone in NY put me down as terminated. So when they put me into the system here...Gems system (payroll) had me down as an inactive employee. It took 3 weeks to get my first paycheck. (Eyeroll)

And my idiot HR guy in NY kept telling me that my transfer might not happen because CACH wasn't hiring at the time. Which as it turned out was BS. This building is constantly understaffed.