trump 2016

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This world.
When he promised funds for Charter schools to help educate black students while in Ohio.
As hillary was in hiding from her illness, he was on the campaign trail promoting his cause.
Didn't you see the masses that dumped the shillary ?

Lets see if I can help you understand whats behind the "charter schools" concept, and then tell me that BLACKS will support it.

First, the private school idea is nothing more than a UNION busting move. The idea is to kill all the teacher unions in the country and LOWER the pay scales for ALL TEACHERS across this country.

Second, there is NO benefit to charter schools for minorities.

The reason? MOST of them will never be ALLOWED in.

The argument for charter schools is that the "learning environment" of public schools isnt a good one. There are many reasons, class disruptions, social differences, racial compositions.

So how do they plan to cure that?

Easy, create private schools that have the FINAL SAY who gets in and who DOESNT creating the "learning environment" that creates better students. The public school system MUST take all students. BUT, private schools, like charter or magnet schools, DO NOT have to accept all students that apply.

SO,

If you take out the class disruptions, which most people blame on minorities, then you have a return to SEGREGATION in our school system. The whites will escape to charter or magnet schools, and the public school system will be left with the minorities.

There are not any laws that say that charter or magnet schools MUST take all students that apply, so its an easy way to exclude minorities deemed "Unworthy".

A poor black student with poor grades will have a ZERO chance of making it into a charter or magnet school, and those proposing these kinds of schools will simply say "then created black charter or magnet schools"...

Its a backdoor attempt at reintroducing SEGREGATION into this country.

There is NOTHING positive for blacks and hispanics in the charter school concept.

But the even bigger intention is to dry up the coffers of the teacher unions. Taking money out of the pubic school system will run those schools out of business in the long run. They already are suffering from underfunding for key programs like sports, music and the arts, and by taking even more money out of those systems will eventually KILL all those programs in the public school system.

Further, taking away funding from public schools will force those schools to lay off teachers, and in time, that will dry up the pension programs for all teachers who worked in the public school system and all teachers will likely suffer from a depleted pension program.

Now, just because TRUMP says he "wants' black kids to be able to "choose" a charter school, that doesnt mean crap. A black child can pick a certain school, but that school doesnt have to pick him.

Its all bullcrap. The kind of bullcrap only white people can support.

TOS.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This world.
When he promised funds for Charter schools to help educate black students while in Ohio.
As hillary was in hiding from her illness, he was on the campaign trail promoting his cause.
Didn't you see the masses that dumped the shillary ?
Charter schools are not the solution to our educational system's failures. It's a huge scam.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Charter schools are not the solution to our educational system's failures. It's a huge scam.

I respectfully disagree with you.

My daughter taught at a charter school in NC. The kids were motivated and actually wanted to be there. I went down to visit her and she brought me to the school. The kids that I met were all very polite, even when they found out that I was from NY.

By contrast, I was delivering to our local high school on Thursday and while I was there I saw the assigned police officer walking down the hall with two students, one of whom blurted out the "S" word as a teacher was walking by.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I respectfully disagree with you.

My daughter taught at a charter school in NC. The kids were motivated and actually wanted to be there. I went down to visit her and she brought me to the school. The kids that I met were all very polite, even when they found out that I was from NY.

By contrast, I was delivering to our local high school on Thursday and while I was there I saw the assigned police officer walking down the hall with two students, one of whom blurted out the "S" word as a teacher was walking by.
You disagree with me because you visited one charter school?

I'm not saying there aren't good charter schools, I'm saying they are not the solution to our educational system's failures, they can not work on a large scale, it's a bandaid.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No, you called them a scam, which is an unfair generalization.
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.
I never said every charter school is a scam, I said it's a huge scam when people like Trump pretend they are the solution to our educational system's problems. He's just avoiding talking about the real problems when he talks about charter schools.

Charter schools are for the kids whose parents care about them, how are we going to take care of the ones whose parents' don't? Trump sure as hell isn't going to have that discussion.

rickyb

i post this here because theres probably some false hope on here that trump will change some thing.

But Frank fails to grasp that, as C. Wright Mills understood, the Republican and the Democratic elites, along with our financial and corporate elites, are one entity. They are formed in the same institutions, run in the same social circles and cross-pollinate like bees. This has been true since the country’s formation. Harvard and Yale were designed, like Oxford and Cambridge in Britain, to perpetuate the plutocracy. They do an admirable job.

Hillary Clinton sat in the front row for Donald Trump’s third wedding. And Chelsea Clinton, living in a multimillion-dollar penthouse in New York City, was until the current presidential campaign a close friend of Ivanka Trump.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
As Trump rises, Clinton struggles with traditional playbook

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — For months, Democrats argued that voters would get "serious" about the campaign once it reached the fall and would reject Donald Trump's no-holds-barred approach.

They're still waiting.

Even President Barack Obama, who long dismissed the idea of a future Trump administration, has started ringing alarm bells, warning Democratic supporters to expect a tight race that Clinton could possibly lose. Recent polls suggest the Republican may have an edge in Iowa and Ohio and is likely in a close race with Clinton in Florida and North Carolina.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
upload_2016-9-22_10-8-50.png