trump 2016

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's just a word, right? Just like whitey, cracker, :censored2:, whore, :censored2:, and others.
Who decides what is offensive and what is not?
I don't think it's remotely comparable to any of those words. Out where I deliver a lot of folks call themselves rednecks and they're pretty proud of it.

upsgrunt

You think I'm a hypocrite because you have double standards? Explain that one to me, please.
If you tell me it's a Liberal, left wing kinda thing I won't understand, so come up with something else, please.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It is truly a sad commentary on the state of politics in this country when the words "Donald Trump" and "Presidential candidate" appear in the same sentence.

We are talking about a person who will have the launch codes to over 1500 nuclear warheads. Its real life, not a reality TV show.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In the city where I live, many blacks call each other the "N" word; what's the difference?
Well, a big part of the difference lies in the fact that white people were never used as slave labor in this country and redneck was a not a term applied to white slaves. Nobody was ever lynched for being a redneck. No was ever denied a seat on a bus because he/she was a redneck, or told thay couldn't drink from certain water fountains or go to certain schools, etc. The "N" carries all of that history for black people in this country, and when you hear black people referring to each other that way what they are really doing is reclaiming a word that was once used to keep them down and deny them their rights and their humanity. "Redneck" carries none of that baggage, it's just a term (very often proudly self applied) for a good old boy from the south that came from farmers who worked in the hot sun all day.

upsgrunt

Just because a term isn't offensive to you, doesn't mean it isn't offensive to me. My ancestors were ditch diggers in Germany and considered the some of the lowest type of people in existence, i.e. rednecks. Jones makes a great argument and I agree with what he says; My point is: offensive is offensive no matter what the circumstances are behind each. Some woman are a little edgy when I answer yes maam. If they don't like it, I don't say it.

upsgrunt

Not really- it's all from the viewpoint in which you take it, putting yourself in others shoes, looking at things from their vantage point, and having compassion for their feelings.

Maybe I was just brought up differently.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So now "redneck" = "'N' word" = "yes ma'am"? Kind of a stretch.
rednecks%20for%20obama.jpg