Trump would Tax.....

Goldilocks

I'm not having an abortion debate there's about 10 threads in the current events forum if you want to have that discussion.
What I'm talking about is whether the people who would be voting for him would find his views extreme.

I agree it is an extreme example, and so are the policies Huckabee supports. If he had his way, the morning after drugs you talk about wouldn't be legal. That is the case in Paraguay, which is the specific example I am speaking about:
Huckabee Backs Denying Abortion to 10 Year Old Raped by Her Stepfather

It's simply not an electable position to take.

That's far and few cases. And in those types of cases, yes. Here is the real problem:

#1 In a massacre that is almost unspeakable, more than 56 million American babies have been murdered in the United States since Roe v. Wade was decided in 1973.

#2 When you total up all forms of abortion, including those caused by the abortion drug RU 486, the grand total comes to more than a million abortions performed in the United States every single year.

#3 The number of American babies killed by abortion each year is roughly equal to the number of U.S. military deaths that have occurred in all of the wars that the United States has ever been involved in combined.

#4 Approximately 3,000 Americans lost their lives as a result of the destruction of the World Trade Center towers on 9/11. Every single day, more than 3,000 American babies are killed by abortion.

#5 About one-third of all American women will have had an abortion by the age of 45.

#6 Approximately 47 percent of the women that get an abortion each year in the United States have also had a previous abortion.

#7 It has been reported that a staggering 41 percent of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion.

#8 Approximately 78 percent of all abortions in New York City are performed on African-American and Hispanic babies.

#9 According to Pastor Clenard Childress, approximately 52 percent of all African-American pregnancies now end in abortion.

#10 Most women that get abortions in the United States claim to be Christian. Protestant women get 42 percent of all abortions and Catholic women get 27 percent of all abortions.

#11 About 18 percent of all abortions in the United States each year are performed on teenagers.

#12 One very shocking study found that 86 percent of all abortions are done for the sake of convenience.

#13 According to the Guttmacher Institute, the average cost of a first trimester abortion at the ten week mark is $451.

#14 Many insurance companies now prefer abortion because the average cost of a vaginal birth with no complications in the United States is now over $9,000.

#15 During fiscal year 2014, Planned Parenthood snuffed the life out of 327,653 babies.

#16 Planned Parenthood specifically targets the poor. A staggering 72 percent of Planned Parenthood’s “customers” have incomes that are either equal to or beneath 150 percent of the federal poverty level.

#17 There are 30 Planned Parenthood executives that make more than $200,000 a year. A few of them actually make more than $300,000 a year.

#18 Planned Parenthood gets more than 400 million dollars from the federal government each year.

#19 Overall, there have been well over a billion abortions performed around the world since 1980.

Every single year, both Democrats and Republicans vote to shower Planned Parenthood with hundreds of millions of dollars.

We are told that this must be done because of all the “good” the organization does.

But the truth is that this has been a despicably evil organization from the very beginning. The founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, once said the following….“The most merciful thing that a family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.”

TUT

Or, the horror, he might just attract enough voters who want to give the Fair Tax a try, and appreciate the idea of a principled man in the White House.

I think you are a bigger dreamer than anyone would have guessed. Assume this, you put someone on a high enough pedestal, expect to be let down.

vantexan

I think you are a bigger dreamer than anyone would have guessed. Assume this, you put someone on a high enough pedestal, expect to be let down.
I've repeatedly said he has no chance. But you should find out more about the Fair Tax. We need something better than the current tax system and a lot of research went into it showing it would be much better. Unfortunately the status quo gives Congress too much power.

TUT

I've repeatedly said he has no chance. But you should find out more about the Fair Tax. We need something better than the current tax system and a lot of research went into it showing it would be much better. Unfortunately the status quo gives Congress too much power.

You and me we know we need a better tax system. Do you not believe me in why I say we don't have it? The Fair Tax will hit the super rich way above what they pay now and last time I checked... they are running the show for the most part.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I don't know which makes me laugh more - the idea of 'President Trump' or 'President Biden'.....I do know the thought of 'President Rodham-Clinton' makes me want to cry.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Two things I want to know about Donald

a) How exactly does he propose to "bring jobs back to America"?

and b) If he is successful in doing so, are we Americans going to be okay with paying $2000 for our 50" flat screens rather than $400?

TUT

Two things I want to know about Donald

a) How exactly does he propose to "bring jobs back to America"?

and b) If he is successful in doing so, are we Americans going to be okay with paying $2000 for our 50" flat screens rather than $400?

That is the why the Repubs are lying like a rug. We know they support business and business wants jobs in China and Mexicans working in America, both to save money. So I have to assume this is all to get votes, it is what Joe's want to hear, but they'll just blame the other side as to why they can't get anything done. Because what they propose goes against their main supporters. Like a Flat Tax, Joe's likey, rich no-likey. Joe's not getting his way I assure you.

As for your example, there is a lot more being manf than a TV, so I assume somethings can be handled as well here. But glimpse of the future, once robotics really are something, the jobs will come back to America. So we'll get some white collar/tech jobs supporting that, they will do this not only to save long term on wages, but save on shipping costs.

Sniper

Sad thing about the abortion issue and political issue is that if you play you pay, one way or another. I don't think it's morally right in either case. America's morals have declined just as our benefits and standard of living. Considering the economic challenges in my geographical location I have a good job most days but that will not fix the underlying problems with either problem.

Serf

From what I can tell Donald Trump is actually a moderate and not a true conservative. A businessman. He understands illegal immigration costs tax payers at the federal, state, and local levels over 110 billion a year. We must have strict reform. If he can somehow set term limits for Senate and House. I am for it. It seems as if his presence continues to rattle both sides and their plan to control and extort. Google the carried interest loophole. He has plan to change tax codes for massive hedge fund managers. As far as flat tax, etc. I am unsure. Countries like Russia have a 13% flat tax, but outside the major cities, most of the country lives in poverty. But some of it is induced by corruption.
Remember the saying: "To the victors go the spoils"? It must not be true. We won the Cold War, but Russia adopted a flat tax while America is stuck with a Byzantine tax system based on class warfare ideology. And I could never hold my breath that it would change overnight in my lifetime.

bacha29

Keep one thing in mind. The President doesn't run the country. So who does run the country? The chairman of the Federal Reserve Board. As for the candidates, it is indeed a very weak slate due primaraly to the fact that the truly qualified don't what the job. This in turn brings the Donald Trumps to the forefront and if Trump were to be elected on the basis of his bombastic promises he will be a one term president due to his inability to make good on those promises.

Serf

Keep one thing in mind. The President doesn't run the country. So who does run the country? The chairman of the Federal Reserve Board. As for the candidates, it is indeed a very weak slate due primaraly to the fact that the truly qualified don't what the job. This in turn brings the Donald Trumps to the forefront and if Trump were to be elected on the basis of his bombastic promises he will be a one term president due to his inability to make good on those promises.
Fair enough. Anyone but Clinton or Bush. Besides, after French Authorities claim one of the attackers had a Syrian Passport and posed as a refugee. It validates Trumps stance on immigration for refugees, and in turn will promote strict reform on illegal immigration from Mexico. Look at the 17 states already that overnight say they will not take Refugees. One term is all he will need. Then the same in same establishment can have it back.