TS Sandy

wkmac

sent-550x513.jpg

For historical accuracy, this photo was taken in September.

texan

A few pictures of the storm.
A parking lot full of yellow cabs is flooded as a result of superstorm Sandy on
Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012 in Hoboken, NJ. Photo: Charles Sykes / AP
pb-121030-surreal-sandy-nj-04_photoblog900.jpg

wkmac

So, are you saying they were not on duty during Sandy ? Is that what you are saying?????? Prove it, Poindexter!!

Just making note of the actual date on which the photo was taken and nothing else. I'll let you run amuck in what you think beyond that but I will say that the guards remained in place during Hurricane Isabel which for DC was worse than Sandy so what do you think?

Nimnim

The Nim
Can we stop politicizing everything? Sometimes things are beyond politics.

I'm a Floridian, but I've spent a good deal of time in Jersey, my mom and her sisters were born there, my recently deceased Grandmother still has/had a house on the mainland shore right behind Long Beach Island. I know that area, and when I see many of the pictures I can picture it being that neighborhood.

Seriously, this is a time for people to band together and help eachother not take jabs at politicians who may or may not have done the right things, wait until after the recovery for that. I know it's close to the elections, those impacted by Sandy will know who was there to help come time for them to vote.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just making note of the actual date on which the photo was taken and nothing else. I'll let you run amuck in what you think beyond that but I will say that the guards remained in place during Hurricane Isabel which for DC was worse than Sandy so what do you think?

I think these sentries have a "higher calling" and are not put off by the weather!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The prez. did his photo-op walk thru and made the empty promises ........ so why are the people dumpster diving to eat? I don't think the prez. is missing any meals. Christie definitely not missing any! People have 5 days to get angrier and angrier and will take it to the voting booths.

Where's the fuel??

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The prez. did his photo-op walk thru and made the empty promises ........ so why are the people dumpster diving to eat? I don't think the prez. is missing any meals. Christie definitely not missing any! People have 5 days to get angrier and angrier and will take it to the voting booths.

Where's the fuel??
How are you directly helping the cleanup, recovery etc?

I finally received power and running water here, 7 hours ago.

I lost two trees in the back (60' and 100'), and had a downed transformer in my front yard.

My neighbor had a giant 50' pine limb fall onto the lines, blocking the road.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]No Red Tape'? New Jersey Turns Away Nonunion Relief Crews[/h]
[h=2]Relief crews from Alabama who were specifically called to New Jersey found themselves diverted to Long Island, NY after they arrived because they use non-union labor. Alabama is a right-to-work state.[/h] WAFF-TV of Hunstville, AL reports:
Crews from Huntsville, as well as Decatur Utilities and Joe Wheeler out of Trinity headed up there this week, but Derrick Moore, one of the Decatur workers, said they were told by crews in New Jersey that they can't do any work there since they're not union employees....
Understandably, Moore said they're frustrated being told "thanks, but no thanks."
With so much at stake--and lives still in danger--it would seem logical to tell special interests to step aside.
On Wednesday, while visiting cleanup efforts in New Jersey in the company of Gov. Chris Christie, President Barack Obama vowed: "We are not going to tolerate red tape, we are not going to tolerate bureaucracy."

klein

Für Meno :)
The prez. walked around like a "cock of the walk" saying we'll pay for rebuilding, for gas, for food, for everything.........without checking that we even have any finances available.
he's like the fun uncle that comes to town and thenyou don't hear from him for years!!

FEMA comes to the rescue in wake of Sandy -- but will it need saving? | Fox News

Don't worry, I'm almost certain if Romney gets elected, all funding to the NE will be stopped - and screw them, right ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't worry, I'm almost certain if Romney gets elected, all funding to the NE will be stopped - and screw them, right ?

At least Romney was having stuff delivered to help.......Obama only talked about it. Go back to your samples !!