Two tier wage system, who does it affect?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Of course it's worthy of a strike. I'm sorry about retirees having their pensions slashed, but again, I am expecting no pension when i retire. I put 15% in my 401k weekly. Big difference IMO between retirees having their pension slashed and active employees with 9 years FT seniority being told their hourly wage is being slashed 8-9 dollars an hour. WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. I would quit on the spot.

I don't care what anyone says. If they do try to implement a two tier wage system for new FT employees, it will NEVER WORK. No sane person is doing what we do for 25 bucks an hour. You will have a revolving door of people doing it for 3 days and quitting. The guys and gals in the FedEx forum would never put up with the BS and the harassment and the 12 hour days for 25 bucks an hour. People will do it for 3 days and then not show up on Day 4. FACT

Jack your 401k to 20% a week. It'll really make a difference in the long run and you won't miss the 5%

Try it out. I found 20% is a good number to start and ease it up until you max out every year.

twoweeled

I guess the company/union are putting their weather balloons out. putting the propaganda out. Tokyo Rose is alive and well, GI.
5 tier, 6 tier, 7 tier, 1/2 % raise, we'll pay ALL our benefits and deliver 2 cars a day.
Then when it comes up as 2% raise, only paying $10 towards our health (to start) and still only deliver 1 car a day. WE JUMP FOR JOY - at how well we've done.
preying-on-you.jpg

dudebro

First of all I NEVER said that! And I was also speaking to driverless vehicles, not the myriad of other distractions in vehicles WITH drivers.

The point I'm making is, you don't want these things but you get them with human drivers, like it or not. Crashes kill 33,000 people a year, no one bats an eye. ONE guy dies in a Tesla and everyone knows about that.

The fact is, automation is safer than people for highway driving right now. The rest will come along in less than a generation, and the bigger challenge will be to figure out how to sue everybody in the rare case of an crash.

Last edited:

Browndriver5

I agree but it is inevitable.

Ground has clearly shown that the job can be done in a satisfactory manner for 1/3 to 1/2 of what we make.

Ok, well then we need to get rid of all the safety rules and production standards like the other companies too. No need to follow me around anymore because im making what a fed ex driver makes. So i can drive like a fed ex driver as well

By The Book

The fact is, automation is safer than people for highway driving right now. The rest will come along in less than a generation, and the bigger challenge will be to figure out how to sue everybody in the rare case of an crash.
I would think this is the case if all the cars on the road were automated.

Browndriver5

Jack your 401k to 20% a week. It'll really make a difference in the long run and you won't miss the 5%

Try it out. I found 20% is a good number to start and ease it up until you max out every year.

If full timers making 100k a year would put 35 percent into their 401k instead of buying a 35,000 truck every year they would have half a million dollars without interest in 15 years

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If full timers making 100k a year would put 35 percent into their 401k instead of buying a 35,000 truck every year they would have half a million dollars without interest in 15 years

Grossing $100K would net you about $80K if there was nothing taken out for retirement. The 35% would come off of the $100K, bringing that down to $65K. Taxes on that would be about $15K, bringing it down to $50K, which is half of what they grossed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't know about you, but that would scare the living crap outta me if I saw a driverless package car anywhere near me.... Or worse yet tractor trailer ... Not knowing if the sensors would operate correctly to make that thing stop and NOT hit anyone...
No different than trusting the human driver won't hit you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well there's so many things wrong with this statement I don't even know where to start.