Two tier wage system, who does it affect?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sounds rather vague to me.

It's rather self-explanatory.

It's one of the most important "contractual tenets" of Article 37.

ARTICLE 37

MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE REALATIONS

Section 1.

(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Would it be fair, to have 2 different drivers doing the same work load....

And one, making $10.00 an hour less ??

I seriously doubt, the company would be so "heart felt" as to lighten the driver's load

who is making less money per hour.

Maybe, some other drivers would chime in.

I could be wrong. :biggrin:

-Bug-

542thruNthru

Another thing people never seem to bring up is our locals will lose money on a two-tier pay scale. Here it is 2.5 times your hourly rate. You honestly think any local is going to support something that takes money away from them?

Also does that mean all the driver's in the high tier will no longer get a raise? Don't see anyone voting yes for that either.

It's rather self-explanatory.

It's one of the most important "contractual tenets" of Article 37.

ARTICLE 37

MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEE REALATIONS

Section 1.

(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay shall be observed at all times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer’s interest.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Would it be fair, to have 2 different drivers doing the same work load....

And one, making $10.00 an hour less ??

I seriously doubt, the company would be so "heart felt" as to lighten the driver's load

who is making less money per hour.

Maybe, some other drivers would chime in.

I could be wrong. :biggrin:

-Bug-
This issue was settled 35 years ago when the two tier system was implemented for the PT ranks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Another thing people never seem to bring up is our locals will lose money on a two-tier pay scale. Here it is 2.5 times your hourly rate. You honestly think any local is going to support something that takes money away from them?

Also does that mean all the driver's in the high tier will no longer get a raise? Don't see anyone voting yes for that either.
Bingo that's part of the reason why we keep getting raises too. It means union dues keep going up.

Nope.

The current verbiage in Article 37.... didn't exist in 1982.

Thanks for playing. ;)

-Bug-
Do you really think a few vague words would really stop a two tier wage system for package cars. PT wouldn't care, would not apply to Feeders so they would't care, would not apply to current package car drivers so they wouldn't care. Even if it was voted down the IBT would override the vote and pass it anyway.