Unfair Production Standards

VDUBINIT

Unfair Production Standards

This is a reminder of our upcoming national day of action on Thursday April 28th at UPS to protest the unfair harassment and production standards UPS is trying to impose upon our bargaining unit members. This day is also National Workers Memorial Day.

This action is not geared towards the public but rather towards management at UPS

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Let them her your voice in the morning .........................sir Im sick today.​

guinness413

230355_212384768790855_100000580015100_762816_1922282_s.jpg
230355_212384768790855_100000580015100_762816_1922282_s.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is really no time to be fooling around with a good job........or you could be doing hot dogs like Klein!! (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Today you find hundreds of people showing up for just one job opening.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This is really no time to be fooling around with a good job........or you could be doing hot dogs like Klein!! (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Today you find hundreds of people showing up for just one job opening.

Fooling around? I think UPS is the one doing the fooling.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How did it go?

It went well and quite a bit of comraderie from the part-timers, which was nice. We had the stickers and our local president was around the building.

It's really a sad situation what is going on in our hub. I can't describe how bad, because every day seems to be getting worse and any description would be obsolete by the time I said it. ;D

Upser08

What a friggin joke! Management should be going on strike! having to deal with union employees is horrible! They have little to no work ethic, and don't have to have any accountability because the adult babysitters club (union) will protect them. Pathetic.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What a friggin joke! Management should be going on strike! having to deal with union employees is horrible! They have little to no work ethic, and don't have to have any accountability because the adult babysitters club (union) will protect them. Pathetic.
Upser08,

I disagree.

For one, supervisors are not covered under the National Labor Relations Act.

Many union workers have exceptional work ethic.

If done right, using proper management employee relations and workplace discipline holding workers accountable is very simple.

The main problem is the low level managers are given little authority, if any.

Sincerely,
I

Ibt804Hammer

Great 804 turn out in Nassau!!!!
Ups suits were taking pictures of the rally in personal cars and even the police were on property. Was a peaceful protest of course.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
having to deal with union employees is horrible! They have little to no work ethic, and don't have to have any accountability because the adult babysitters club (union) will protect them.

UPS has the best drivers in the business

try paying them squat and driving them like slaves like DHL tried and see where that gets you

browndevil

Upser08,

I disagree.

If done right, using proper management employee relations and workplace discipline holding workers accountable is very simple.

Sincerely,
I

Couldn't agree with you more. We would not be in business for over 100 years if we didn't have strong work ethic from both union and non-union folks alike. The company and the union both do an exceptional job weeding out the bad ones

tourists24

You are completely wrong.... it takes a LOT of work to be lazy in our environment. I am very good at it.

brownIEman

Upser08,

I disagree.

Sincerely,
I

have to ask about this -
"If done right, using proper management employee relations and workplace discipline holding workers accountable is very simple."

What are you basing this statement on? How many union workers have you held accountable?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Couldn't agree with you more. We would not be in business for over 100 years if we didn't have strong work ethic from both union and non-union folks alike. The company and the union both do an exceptional job weeding out the bad ones

I agree. In 38 years, I have not seen many slackers at UPS and most of them did not last long here.

brownIEman

UPS has the best drivers in the business

try paying them squat and driving them like slaves like DHL tried and see where that gets you

You are correct, we have the best in the industry. Not to worry, we do not have the same business model as DHL. Our business model is to pay drivers the absolutely highest in the industry, by a long shot, and then beat them like red headed step children to get more out of them than the rest of the industry, by a long shot. It seems to be working...