Union not fighting for PT Workers

Brownt10

In my building, we have been constantly having our 30 minute break and 10 minute break shortened by a few seconds and occasionally minutes. After countless times telling our shop steward and our agent, UPS has continued to do this. On top of that, we can no longer turn off the belt unless it’s in regards to BMW, or we would face being written up with sabotage. Many of my coworkers are scared to turn off the belt when they have egress due to this and it is causing people to work in unsafe conditions. However, the Union has not stepped up for us and even though they may talk to management, management continues to do this. It is honestly to the extent where people in my building are debating calling the state department of labor to investigate the matter. Is this the route that they should consider going due to my locals inability to fight for us on this matter?
Going through the same thing. My building they start Pre loaders later & pump out volume so fast bc it’s all about numbers. I literally have pictures of the belt & this one person could not get around a stack of packages. In another building the steward alerted osha & ups did get a fine. A couple years ago the belt would be off but now I feel like deals are being made

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You guys literally received everything with any amount of work you ever chose to do, and you leave your kids with 30 trillion dollars in debt, unaffordable school, and a whole lot of useless lectures with super crappy Beatles music.

But you all got those awesome Liberal Arts degree that you can put to use by being a barista at Starbucks

It’s out thier you just need to go get it plenty of good paying Trade jobs around but that requires getting your hands dirty

wilberforce15

But you all got those awesome Liberal Arts degree that you can put to use by being a barista at Starbucks

It’s out thier you just need to go get it plenty of good paying Trade jobs around but that requires getting your hands dirty
My grandfather was a lifelong janitor and my dad cut grass without even owning his own business.

Both owned small homes, retired debt free, and raised kids without their wives having to work.

That is impossible now, because you guys ruined the entire setup.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've worked 3 or more jobs to make it through life. Now these kids can't work 2 days a week because it's too hard
Wrong
Nobody gave me a damn thing left home at 17 worked every sheety job you can imagine sometimes 2 or 3 at a time scrimped and saved most of my life Every thing I have is paid for

Reaping the benefits now just got home from Vegas playing golf for a week
Leave Monday to Florida for another week

I raised 3 sons who are all productive citizens

Dont try and paint us all with the same brush

Wrong
Nobody gave me a damn thing left home at 17 worked every sheety job you can imagine sometimes 2 or 3 at a time scrimped and saved most of my life Every thing I have is paid for

Reaping the benefits now just got home from Vegas playing golf for a week
Leave Monday to Florida for another week

I raised 3 sons who are all productive citizens

Dont try and paint us all with the same brush
I wasn't even handed a rusty spoon

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm fine because I bet so heavily against boomers.

I've made it big in bitcoin because I bet that boomers would destroy the currency and economy.

I mad it big in EVs because somebody would fix their horrendous auo industry.

Etc. you

I'm a millionaire almost exclusively because I bet against boomers.

Thanks for ruining whatever you touch, so I can bet against it and make bundles.

wilberforce15

yet you work the preload for peanuts
Lmao
I think you’re full of S*
No, I probably get compensated by UPS for about 60k a year. I make 30k directly, and I easily cost them 30k in benefits because I have a gaggle of kids with medical needs. Not bad for doing absolutely nothing for a few hours per day.

I'll quit when I can retire, but do you have any idea how much money it takes to retired under 40 with a bunch of kids? A lot. A million doesn't do it. Two million doesn't do it.

Spanky250

You really have no clue why a household needs two working parents to survive now, do you?

I'll give you a hint, it's not because of boomers.

wilberforce15

You really have no clue why a household needs two working parents to survive now, do you?

I'll give you a hint, it's not because of boomers.
It's absolutely because of boomers. They run every institution in America, so I'm not sure how they could possibly escape responsibility.

Spanky250

My grandfather was a lifelong janitor and my dad cut grass without even owning his own business.

Both owned small homes, retired debt free, and raised kids without their wives having to work.

That is impossible now, because you guys ruined the entire setup.

It's absolutely because of boomers. They run every institution in America, so I'm not sure how they could possibly escape responsibility.

No, it isn't. It's because of taxes.

When my parents were a young couple right after the Great Depression, the average family total household tax burden was around 7% of income. It is now approaching 50%, so one parent has to work to support the family while the other parent has to work to pay the taxes.

Now here's the kicker. It's not a generational issue, it's a political ideology issue. The massive increase in tax burden over the last century was driven by leftists. They absolutely love to spend OPM, they never see a problem that they don't belive government is the solution for, and they have never seen a tax they don't like.

There are leftists in every generation.

wilberforce15

No, it isn't. It's because of taxes.

When my parents were a young couple right after the Great Depression, the average family total household tax burden was around 7% of income. It is now approaching 50%, so one parent has to work to support the family while the other parent has to work to pay the taxes.

Now here's the kicker. It's not a generational issue, it's a political ideology issue. The massive increase in tax burden over the last century was driven by leftists. They absolutely love to spend OPM, they never see a problem that they don't belive government is the solution for, and they have never seen a tax they don't like.

There are leftists in every generation.
a Peter Schiff rant would've been smarter.