Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

mrv

upstate, you are not in 804, stop weighing in on these issues. we live in the 2nd highest cost of living area in the country. 30/hour upstate and across the country is wonderful, but 30/hour in n.y.c and long island makes us lower middle class. no one here wants your sympathy, but a little empathy for your union brothers wouldn't kill you would it?

Don't count on any empathy from Upstate. He's more interesteded in pleasing his masters than supporting Teamsters. He's already conceding the next contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

upstate, you are not in 804, stop weighing in on these issues. we live in the 2nd highest cost of living area in the country. 30/hour upstate and across the country is wonderful, but 30/hour in n.y.c and long island makes us lower middle class. no one here wants your sympathy, but a little empathy for your union brothers wouldn't kill you would it?

I can't comment because I don't know the secret handshake?

tieguy

Banned
lonewolf;739071[B said:
IN ALL MY 20 YEARS OF DRIVING , NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN DISCHARED FOR FLAGGING STOPS... ANOTHER FINE JOB NEW E-BOARD....[/B]

How about saying you made an attempt when you didn't, burying del stops in with your pick ups, all dishonest acts.........

no one had ever been fired for that before?

ups804

Lonewolf, after reading several of your posts, I am not surprised that you don't know how an answering service works. You can't even spell, i.e. puppet, not puppit, discharged, not discharded, and too many more to list without over embarassing you. In any event, I will take a moment to explain it to you in simple terms. You call the Union Hall, a person from an answering service, not a member of the board or staff, takes your message and then it is forwarded to the appropriate agent so that they can get back to you in a timely fashion.
I notice that you have been a member on Brown Cafe for only a month, and in that time you have done nothing but complain and post negativity. Although you do seem to know an awful lot about what's going in the buildings, NONE of your facts or "stories" are accurate or true. YOU may think you could have done better, but the MEMBERS didn't. How many grievances have you filed on supervisors working? Do everyone a favor, if you don't know what you are talking about, just stay quiet!!!!

ups804

How could your co-payments not have gone up? The state of the health fund was in jeopardy of going bankrupt. The old board had put it in arbitration and our reserves were rapidly depleting. Not enough money was being negotiated into it in previous contracts under the old board. Save your thanks for them!!! I'm sure they didn't thank you when they took their automatic pay raises did they??? Or when they put our union dues in their 401???

tieguy

Banned
Lonewolf, after reading several of your posts, I am not surprised that you don't know how an answering service works. You can't even spell, i.e. puppet, not puppit, discharged, not discharded, and too many more to list without over embarassing you. In any event, I will take a moment to explain it to you in simple terms. You call the Union Hall, a person from an answering service, not a member of the board or staff, takes your message and then it is forwarded to the appropriate agent so that they can get back to you in a timely fashion.
I notice that you have been a member on Brown Cafe for only a month, and in that time you have done nothing but complain and post negativity. Although you do seem to know an awful lot about what's going in the buildings, NONE of your facts or "stories" are accurate or true. YOU may think you could have done better, but the MEMBERS didn't. How many grievances have you filed on supervisors working? Do everyone a favor, if you don't know what you are talking about, just stay quiet!!!!

This thread is an interesting example of how heated discussions can get distorted far from the truth. In the old ups we in the management ranks had a saying that basically said we argue upstairs and hit the floor as one team on one page. As a casual observer and realizing that what I see here may not be representative of what is really going on, it does appear the new leadership group may have to mend some fences to get everyone back on the same team.

ups804

Lonewolf, once again you don't state all the facts. Just negativity about the board. Do you even know Steve to be commenting on his work history??? I know Steve a long time and I remember the "attendance problems" you are talking about, but you left out one really important detail. He had a baby at home with a wife who was sick and dying of cancer, so sorry you deem this to be a "problem", but I think he had his priorities straight. Hope you never have to deal with anything like that, you couldn't handle it. You can't even handle a $15.00 co-payment without whining like a little girl......Good Luck Buddy

CRASH501

"The Boy Wonder" Liam R. was in Island City about 6 weeks ago with the Big Guy, a driver was on a 72 for Flagging stops. The big guy told Liam to handle it, he went in the office with Management, Driver and Shopsteward , the end result was the Division Manager, Anthony Gallo discharded the driver. He had security walk him off the Job. The driver has been out of work for 6 weeks....Our President was in the building , did nothing and ran out of the building with Boy wonder with their tails between their Legs.....IN ALL MY 20 YEARS OF DRIVING , NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN DISCHARED FOR FLAGGING STOPS... ANOTHER FINE JOB NEW E-BOARD....
2nd brush driver fired for flagging huh ? last guy was caught with photo's from google earth in the fordham center ...

AcesUp804

tieguy you make my laugh ,, out of almost 7,000 members there are what? like 6 guys that post here ,, so yes I agree with this part of your post "and realizing that what I see here may not be representative of what is really going on,,"

lonestar you u even read what u post??? you say u have 20 years?? lol what a joke ,, I'm sorry that BA spot row A promised you will never happen ,, get over it.

tieguy

Banned
tieguy you make my laugh ,, out of almost 7,000 members there are what? like 6 guys that post here ,, so yes I agree with this part of your post "and realizing that what I see here may not be representative of what is really going on,,"

lonestar you u even read what u post??? you say u have 20 years?? lol what a joke ,, I'm sorry that BA spot row A promised you will never happen ,, get over it.

aces my only joy in life is making you laugh:hawaii_girl:

lonewolf

Another $75 dollars today at the doctors....My son caught what my wife had, thank god they are ok.:biting:..$150 this week On Co Payments and Prescriptions "wow":biting:...I feel bad for the families who need alot of Dr visits (Let me say of course , I do not want to see anyone sick, naturally).... But I felt it in my pocket this week....