Union Politics - From 1.7 million to under 1.3 million members!

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
In 17 years we have seen this Teamsters Union erode. When H Jr took over the International Brotherhood of Teamsters he inherited a union with 1.7 million strong members. As of the IBT last LM2 report the membership was under 1.3 million and very weak leadership.

In 17 years we have seen the reinstatement of multiple salaries and multiple pensions. We have also seen every pension fund enter into critical zone (with the exception of the Western Conference). There is more money going out of every fund that going in.

As a result of member decline the Central States Pension crisis has followed. If we do not organize more pension contributors more funds are bound to go belly-up.

rod

Retired 22 years
In 17 years we have seen this Teamsters Union erode. When H Jr took over the International Brotherhood of Teamsters he inherited a union with 1.7 million strong members. As of the IBT last LM2 report the membership was under 1.3 million and very weak leadership.

In 17 years we have seen the reinstatement of multiple salaries and multiple pensions. We have also seen every pension fund enter into critical zone (with the exception of the Western Conference). There is more money going out of every fund that going in.

As a result of member decline the Central States Pension crisis has followed. If we do not organize more pension contributors more funds are bound to go belly-up.

Unfortunately---------- Teamsters (as well as most all Unions) are a dying breed---------the writing is on the wall. There is no such thing as the "one for all and all for one" mentality anymore. Now its just me-me-me. Heaven help the common laborer once the Unions are gone. They are FAR from perfect but ..............

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Do you even know what's going on?
Yes.

Old Guard thugs threatened a TV show host and the TV show workers to try and get NO WORK jobs for the Old Guard thugs.

They have been charged and are facing trial

Last edited by a moderator:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Yes.

Old Guard thugs threatened a TV show host and the TV show workers to try and get NO WORK jobs for the Old Guard thugs.

They have been charged and are facing prison time.
You failed to mention that you support Bravo and their RTW, anti union campaign.
You are useless to our union. Your everything a union isn't.

realbrown1

You failed to mention that you support Bravo and their RTW, anti union campaign.
You are useless to our union. Your everything a union isn't.
No one should be forced to join a union, just to get a job.

Too bad you don't you don't feel the same way.

wide load

No one should be forced to join a union, just to get a job.

Too bad you don't you don't feel the same way.
And you tried to hold an elected position? There are plenty of non union jobs out there scabbrown1. Go!

Last edited by a moderator:

wide load

Wide load loves rats, says what?
Who is a rat that I love? You love the destruction of the Teamsters and should be banned from posting on union issues. Why don't you stick to UPS partner issues? You obviously have sold out solidarity. Waste of a member. Can't wait to see you in Vegas.

realbrown1

I can't imagine a teamster being for rtw
And I can't imagine a Teamster backing a RAT like lead belly, but here you and wide load are.

I do not support RTW as it is now.

But no one should be forced to join a union if they don't want to.

This is still America.

And we are supposed to have freedoms.